Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-18-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Q for Laker Fans who live in LA

Im heading out west in November, going to a Lakers home game seems slightly blasphemous to me as a Celtics fan but i dont think i can pass up watching Dwight, Nash & Kobe on their home floor, so how much are decent tickets?

EDIT: And no i am not interested in a Clippers game.

Last edited by Kews1 : 08-18-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Q for Laker Fans who live in LA

you don't have to live in LA to know what good tickets are. you just have to have gone to a few games in your life

i have... and anything behind the net sucks.

nothing above the section 100-118

must bring a radio of some kind ( cant hear anything thats happening on the court )

you have to spend atleast 400$
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
jdm_dc_fan
Local High School Star

jdm_dc_fan has decent reputationjdm_dc_fan has decent reputation

theyre not playing in the TD garden after d12 comes back from injury?
jdm_dc_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:47 AM   #4
SAKOTXA
College superstar

SAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kews1
Im heading out west in November, going to a Lakers home game seems slightly blasphemous to me as a Celtics fan but i dont think i can pass up watching Dwight, Nash & Kobe on their home floor, so how much are decent tickets?

Depends who they're playing against. A decent ticket for a game against the Bobcats are around 180-230, but let's say against Oklahoma, it'll probably go for about 350-400.

It also depends how you define 'decent'.

This is the seating chart.

I've been to 8 or 9 Laker games and have always sat in the last row of 101 or 111 and once at 318, which was really the best thing ever and the atmosphere back there was easily better than the closer and more expensive seats.
Word of advice to you, don't wear a Celtics jersey to a Laker game unless you want to be harassed by a group of angry Mexicans.

Oh and also

**** Boston.
SAKOTXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:50 AM   #5
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
you don't have to live in LA to know what good tickets are. you just have to have gone to a few games in your life

i have... and anything behind the net sucks.

nothing above the section 100-118

must bring a radio of some kind ( cant hear anything thats happening on the court )

you have to spend atleast 400$

i know what good tickets are, i just assumed tickets in LA were more expensive than other places .
Old 08-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
Depends who they're playing against. A decent ticket for a game against the Bobcats are around 180-230, but let's say against Oklahoma, it'll probably go for about 350-400.

It also depends how you define 'decent'.

This is the seating chart.

I've been to 8 or 9 Laker games and have always sat in the last row of 101 or 111 and once at 318, which was really the best thing ever and the atmosphere back there was easily better than the closer and more expensive seats.
Word of advice to you, don't wear a Celtics jersey to a Laker game unless you want to be harassed by a group of angry Mexicans.

Oh and also

**** Boston.

Thanks, and thankyou for your kind advice but i will choose to ignore and proudly wear my #5 Garnett singlet
Old 08-18-2012, 04:53 AM   #7
SAKOTXA
College superstar

SAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this board

Quote:
Thanks, and thankyou for your kind advice but i will choose to ignore and proudly wear my #5 Garnett singlet
Especially Garnett, you're ****ed.
SAKOTXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #8
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
theyre not playing in the TD garden after d12 comes back from injury?

They are, but since im out in LA and have some spare time i wouldnt mind going to Staples Center, i havnt been there before and would like to experience the atmosphere etc
Old 08-18-2012, 04:55 AM   #9
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
Especially Garnett, you're ****ed.

Ill be sure to video what ever happens and post it here for everybodys amusement
Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #10
KeyNote
KR∆PES

KeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputation

Some sites will cut you a good deal....and there is always people selling tickets to the games they can't go to on craigslist and such

once found some guy selling tickets to seats behind the basket for $160
KeyNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #11
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Somebody has to say it... a Celtics fan going out of his way to go to a Lakers home game against another team is a disgrace. If you want a good show from the Lakers wait until they play the freaking Celtics and support your team.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #12
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Ill be sure to video what ever happens and post it here for everybodys amusement
If you don't post then we will just assume you died.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #13
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Somebody has to say it... a Celtics fan going out of his way to go to a Lakers home game against another team is a disgrace. If you want a good show from the Lakers wait until they play the freaking Celtics and support your team.

Sorry i have friends in LA and would like to go to a basketball game with them?
Your just mad i dont want to go to a clippers game.

It's possible to still enjoy basketball when your team isnt playing, i hate the Lakers as much as the next Celtics fan but would i pass up the opportunity to watch Kobe, Nash, Pau and possibly Dwight if hes back from injury in their own arena with their own fans and experience the difference between there and Boston? No. I dont often get to travel to LA so i think ill make the most of this opportunity thank you very much.

Last edited by Kews1 : 08-18-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #14
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Quote:

depends what u consider decent and who they are playing but if u can spent 300-500 per ticket u would be good.
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #15
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

Come on son, since when is wanting to go to a basketball game a disgrace? It's not like he bought a Kobe jersey and a "Lakers #1" foam finger.

I'm a total Laker fan but I'd jump at the chance to catch a game in Boston.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: