Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED
 
ripthekik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,360
ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

He was criticized as not being able to win, a choker, and someone who fades away in the 4th quarter prior to June 2012.
What's different after June 2012, why is everyone acting like he's different now?

Lebron WAS supposed to win, back in 2011 already when he joined up with Wade and Bosh. As the #1 dominant player in the league, he joined with another top 3 star and another allstar. Do that any year in history, and that team is supposed to win. However, he CHOKED in 2011 and didn't win.

This year he finally won.. well so? He was supposed to win anyways. It's his own fault he didn't win earlier. Everyone was expecting him to win. He won because he joined up with other teams, not because he willed and fought his way to the championship like other real champions did.

Has he dispelled all the criticism prior to June 2012?

Not a winner: he only won after stacking up every single odd on his side, by joining a top 3 star who is a proven champion and another star big. He's still not a winner. Anyone in the league could go join up with top players and get a ring. Is Juwan Howard's ring this year impressive?

Not clutch: this guy only puts on his clutch mask when he has teammates to back himself. That is not pressure. The times he performed best is if he had Wade, or team USA behind his back. He knows even if he fails, the others will be to blame also. This guy here still has some of the worst chokes for a big star in the playoff history.

What legacy does this guy have? Top talent for sure, but his legacy will forever be remembered as the guy with tremendous talent but no heart, had to join up so that he can completely overpower other teams instead of competing. His choke jobs will also be remember.

Top talent for sure, one of the most gifted in league history, a shame he does not have the will, competition, and thirst of the real champion.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!
 
LongLiveTheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,345
LongLiveTheKing has decent reputationLongLiveTheKing has decent reputation
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
He was criticized as not being able to win, a choker, and someone who fades away in the 4th quarter prior to June 2012.
What's different after June 2012, why is everyone acting like he's different now?

Lebron WAS supposed to win, back in 2011 already when he joined up with Wade and Bosh. As the #1 dominant player in the league, he joined with another top 3 star and another allstar. Do that any year in history, and that team is supposed to win. However, he CHOKED in 2011 and didn't win.

This year he finally won.. well so? He was supposed to win anyways. It's his own fault he didn't win earlier. Everyone was expecting him to win. He won because he joined up with other teams, not because he willed and fought his way to the championship like other real champions did.

Has he dispelled all the criticism prior to June 2012?

Not a winner: he only won after stacking up every single odd on his side, by joining a top 3 star who is a proven champion and another star big. He's still not a winner. Anyone in the league could go join up with top players and get a ring. Is Juwan Howard's ring this year impressive?

Not clutch: this guy only puts on his clutch mask when he has teammates to back himself. That is not pressure. The times he performed best is if he had Wade, or team USA behind his back. He knows even if he fails, the others will be to blame also. This guy here still has some of the worst chokes for a big star in the playoff history.

What legacy does this guy have? Top talent for sure, but his legacy will forever be remembered as the guy with tremendous talent but no heart, had to join up so that he can completely overpower other teams instead of competing. His choke jobs will also be remember.

Top talent for sure, one of the most gifted in league history, a shame he does not have the will, competition, and thirst of the real champion.
Actually when the Heat lost the blame was on LeBron and not his teammates. So he is only clutch when he has D-Wade and Team USA? So how did he make that shot against the Magic? D-Wade wasn't their? What about 07 Detroit? The only people who will continue to remember his playoff failures are Skip Bayless and Kobe stans. Lebron led the Hear in Points, Rebounds, and assists. Isn't that willing your team of you're next two best players are injured in the playoffs. 45-15-5 that's not willing your team?
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #3
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED
 
ripthekik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,360
ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
Actually when the Heat lost the blame was on LeBron and not his teammates. So he is only clutch when he has D-Wade and Team USA? So how did he make that shot against the Magic? D-Wade wasn't their? What about 07 Detroit? The only people who will continue to remember his playoff failures are Skip Bayless and Kobe stans. Lebron led the Hear in Points, Rebounds, and assists. Isn't that willing your team of you're next two best players are injured in the playoffs. 45-15-5 that's not willing your team?
So how come all the Lebron fans are now blaming Cavs and the front office when they lost all those years? It comes up every single time, the blame is on that trash team, and not lebron for not winning.

It's not that hard to lead your team in those stats when you hold the ball 65% of the time and hold the most possessions.

45-15-5.. but Wade was able to put up 17/25 42points 10+reb as well
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
AK47DR91
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

LeBron deserved the blame for the 2011 Finals loss. He was more than half the reason why they lost that series.

LeBron deserved the credit for the 2012 Finals win. He was more than half the reason why they won that series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!
 
LongLiveTheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,345
LongLiveTheKing has decent reputationLongLiveTheKing has decent reputation
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
So how come all the Lebron fans are now blaming Cavs and the front office when they lost all those years? It comes up every single time, the blame is on that trash team, and not lebron for not winning.

It's not that hard to lead your team in those stats when you hold the ball 65% of the time and hold the most possessions.

45-15-5.. but Wade was able to put up 17/25 42points 10+reb as well
The Cavs teams weren't championship material after Lebron, he averaged 38,8,8, against the Magic and they still lost. Celtics Game 5 was his fault but he did put up a triple double Mo Williams had 20 after the first half and Cavs were winning by one, then he had 2 the entire second half. And the finals he choked in Game 5, but a little blame falls on Dwade in Game 4 for missing a FT in crunch time and fumbling the ball, but Lebron had 8 points so it's more on him.

So he led them in rebounds cause he had the ball in his hands?

So D-Wade had a great game that diminishes Lebron's? Dwyane Wade is a Top 5 player he does that but he wasn't healthy the entire playoffs the entire playoffs, that's why he handed the team to Lebron and told him to lead the Heat.
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #6
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,080
blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91
LeBron deserved the blame for the 2011 Finals loss. He was more than half the reason why they lost that series.

LeBron deserved the credit for the 2012 Finals win. He was more than half the reason why they won that series.

this sums it up. he also had to deal with more adversity along the way in 2012 with wade and bosh hurt at various points. 2011 is still pretty baffling. i think it took wade to tell him that was his team for him to readjust fully. that and some natural maturity or whatever...not an excuse really but there it is.

people still blaming lebron for the cavs days need to look at the FG% of the rest of his teammates. he did have his bad moments and subpar series' but they would have never made the finals or even the ECF without him. at the end of the day, cavs didn't surround him with the proper talent to win. did they make an effort? sure, but it wasn't enough. decision aside, the vast majority of superstars would have left that organization. even KG said he thought lebron made the right decision and said he himself was too loyal to minny all those years. people love to say that KG stuck through it but even he would redo it. imagine if KG left earlier for boston....2-3 championships without question.

and seriously...let it go. what's the point? unless you're a diehard cavs fan, you just root against lebron in spite. that's what you want to do? just getting mad at his ego, 'decision' and other various petty crap? even most cleveland fans have moved on, but if you feel like whining and marginalizing, have at it.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-19-2012 at 06:21 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #7
Nash
NBA rookie of the year
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,107
Nash has decent reputation
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

You are so pathetic, absolutely pathetic. And a bad sport at it as well.

You must be incredibly depressed about the fact that Lebron got his 1st ring.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #8
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,515
RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthedik
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
raprap
Local High School Star
 
raprap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,208
raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 12,982
Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

Winning changes everything and he knew it. Hes among the most praised athletes on earth at the moment and he should be. There is nothing left to accomplish really. People mad about an offseason decision are gonna fade into nothingness. Static in the background of 20 years of praise.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
franchiez
Decent playground baller
 
franchiez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 347
franchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

Well the only thing we criticized Lebron was him closing, and he did it well this year.
franchiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust
 
KOBE143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KB Center
Posts: 2,189
KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

His hairline receded more..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 7,973
chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

i think the pendulum has swung a little too far the opposite way now. lebron was never a terrible choke artist before, but hes not some clutch god now either

like in the gold medal game, people act like he went on some sick scoring run to end the game, saying lebron closed spain out. in reality, spain had a horrible defensive lapse, giving up an easy dunk, and he hit one tough 3. he had 5 points, and people acted like he was taking over

chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
franchiez
Decent playground baller
 
franchiez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 347
franchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation herefranchiez has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
His hairline receded more..
franchiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #15
upside24
Aspire To Be Great
 
upside24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,500
upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What makes Lebron different after June 2012?

He won a ring. The one thing people said he needed to get to be a legit great yet now that he has it people are changing the requirements.

He choked in 2011. That can't be denied, but he lead his team to victory in 2012. That can't be denied either.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy