Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
WeGetRing2012
Decent college freshman

WeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayWeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Will the Thunder win a championship in 4-5yrs with this current team?

I just want to know the consensus from everyone? That is their window with this core because all of their contracts are over in 4-5yrs and the Thunder can't afford to keep them after that.

Durant will be 23-28 yrs old
Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden will be 22-27 yrs old
WeGetRing2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Will the Thunder win a championship in 4-5yrs with this current team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
I just want to know the consensus from everyone? That is their window with this core because all of their contracts are over in 4-5yrs and the Thunder can't afford to keep them after that.

did they extend Harden? haven't been keeping tabs on the entire situation so I don't know the specifics

if not, the word was that they were supposedly only going to keep one of Ibaka/Harden, and it appears they've made that choice
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Will the Thunder win a championship in 4-5yrs with this current team?

If they keep this same team, I have to say yes. They have too much of a good team on both ends of the floor. They are still so young and they have made it further in the playoffs every year since they got to them. Now, if they continue to make the WCF and/or the finals and come up short, then yes, something needs to be changed. I think they will get one though.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
WeGetRing2012
Decent college freshman

WeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayWeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
did they extend Harden? haven't been keeping tabs on the entire situation so I don't know the specifics

if not, the word was that they were supposedly only going to keep one of Ibaka/Harden, and it appears they've made that choice

It's still a possibility that he can get a similar contract as Ibaka but that will put them over the cap with just those 4 players. If I was them I wouldn't. do it..
Old 08-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Definitely.

You can just tell that fire burns in Westbrook , soon enough that pull up jumper is going to be completely pure.

Reminds me of Kobe.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
ThunderStruk022
Serious playground baller

ThunderStruk022 has decent reputation

Quote:
It's still a possibility that he can get a similar contract as Ibaka but that will put them over the cap with just those 4 players. If I was them I wouldn't. do it..

Says the scared Laker fan.
ThunderStruk022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
AK47DR91

I think they have to win in the next 3 seasons to avoid breaking up this core of Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden.

They'll do whatever it takes to keep Durant but I could see them moving RW if they can get desperate.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
WeGetRing2012
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStruk022
Says the scared Laker fan.

Im really not scared at all...

Just wanted to see how ISH thinks basketball
Old 08-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

1 ro 2 titles. Depends on how badly Wade will regress.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

JaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I honestly thought this Thunder squad was overrated, mates. The West had a down year in terms of elites, methinks. San Antonio was a team built for the regular season, the Mavericks were retooling, and the Lakers were bloody lethargic and burned out.

I only think OKC made it as far as they did because thy were simply hungrier than some of these perennial contenders havin off years, mates. I frankly dont think theyd have beaten a healthy Celtics or Bulls nor of course Heat had they been in the East.

The Lakers are now light years ahead of them. Some other teams out west could potentially pull even with a significant move (though there may not be any for any of em to make).

Anyhow mates all Im saying is that I didnt see them as any kind of dynasty team at all. Theyre good but I certainly dont think theyre great.
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

With this core no reason why they aren't contenders for a good 4-5 years yes.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputation

im expecting at least 2 championships in the next 5 years.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #13
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Will they and can/could they are two completely different things but, of course, I'm going to say yes they CAN. I won't every definitively say someone WILL win a championship. But given what we've already seen from them, with this core, the last two seasons, there's no reason to think they can't win a championship or two.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

I fully expect them or Miami to appear in the next 6 finals. Either of them winning 5 of them
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #15
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:

At least one. No doubt in my mind.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: