Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here
Default Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

The game released today. This is a follow-up to War for Cybertron which was a good game.

This game takes play obviously in Cybertron the Dying planet.

IGN Gave this an 8.5. I Plan on picking it up tonight. Any one else?
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

I had a pre-order but cancelled it after I played the demo. Idk if it's a day one purchase for me, so I'm gonna wait see what the reviews all say first.

I LOVED the first one, was glad it got the sequel. Because it needed one. I just don't like that they took out the vehicle abilities, it was nice being a tank and turning around and blasting someone. Or doing flips as a scout. And I'm kind of on the fence about the weapons I played with in the demo.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

The game's Story is excellent, hey what do you know a Transformer game with meaning. They took out Co-op but that makes the Campaign more interesting, instead of picking who you want to be like in WFC, the Bots and Cons are set up for you to play with, which is good because now the Chapters are meant for specific characters which makes the Story and game-play greater than the first one.

The graphics are improved from the first one, the cut scenes are great graphic wise, some spotty graphics at times, none the less a good looking game.

Im not a big fan of the weaponry in this game, there are only 8 guns in this game, but I can live with them.
I dont like the melee in this game, they should have added more of a combat system. Wouldn't it be nice to use Optimus's Sword?

Transitioning from Standing to Vehicle form is still fun and the game is easy to use, with nice controls.

Multi-player runs smooth, didn't notice any lag, the community is good so far and the customization adds a lot of depth to your online experience, there are only 4 game modes though, TDM, Conquest, Capture the Flag and Head Hunter mode, every game mode I played it was easy to find people.

Escalation mode, one of my favorite modes till this day is back and with 4 cool Maps. Survive waves of Bots and Decepticons with up to 4 players is awesome.

replay value is there, with blueprints, audio logs to find and Multiplayer and Escalation mode
8.75/10

Last edited by D12"Magic" : 08-22-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
The game's Story is excellent, hey what do you know a Transformer game with meaning. They took out Co-op but that makes the Campaign more interesting, instead of picking who you want to be like in WFC, the Bots and Cons are set up for you to play with, which is good because now the Chapters are meant for specific characters which makes the Story and game-play greater than the first one.

The graphics are improved from the first one, the cut scenes are great graphic wise, some spotty graphics at times, none the less a good looking game.

Im not a big fan of the weaponry in this game, there are only 8 guns in this game, but I can live with them.
I dont like the melee in this game, they should have added more of a combat system. Wouldn't it be nice to use Optimus's Sword?

Transitioning from Standing to Vehicle form is still fun and the game is easy to use, with nice controls.

Multi-player runs smooth, didn't notice any lag, the community is good so far and the customization adds a lot of depth to your online experience, there are only 4 game modes though, TDM, Conquest, Capture the Flag and Head Hunter mode, every game mode I played it was easy to find people.

Escalation mode, one of my favorite modes till this day is back and with 4 cool Maps. Survive waves of Bots and Decepticons with up to 4 players is awesome.

replay value is there, with blueprints, audio logs to find and Multiplayer and Escalation mode
8.75/10
In a way, I'm sad they took out co-op because the campaign on the first one was interesting, definitely fun, but short. And I can't lie, I had great times playing that mission, specifically the jet ones. I'm glad they pick the characters though. That sounds a lot better. the bumblebee mission from the demo was cool.

Like you said I hate the weapons/changing of the melee. They really should have kept both of those the same. the old melee was perfect, and the weapons were pretty good, although I wouldn't have minded a few more kinds of weapons really.

I'm pretty sure the multiplayer is dedicated servers this time around, they said early in the development they would make it dedicated this time, because they understood the complaints about the hosts quitting out and you being ****ed sometimes, even though it "saved" your stats.

Disappointed they took away capture the node. Even though it was rarely played, if I saw a lobby was full, or near full to start the game I joined just to try and play it. is headhunter free for all? or team based? or either/or? With escalation mode did they make it so if someone dropped out someone else could join? There was a lot of time I'd get to like wave 4 one dude would drop, get to around 11 and another would drop, and we'd get stuck at that ****ing wave. Pissed me off.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose

Disappointed they took away capture the node. Even though it was rarely played, if I saw a lobby was full, or near full to start the game I joined just to try and play it. is headhunter free for all? or team based? or either/or? With escalation mode did they make it so if someone dropped out someone else could join? There was a lot of time I'd get to like wave 4 one dude would drop, get to around 11 and another would drop, and we'd get stuck at that ****ing wave. Pissed me off.

Head Hunter is team based, you must pick up the most sparks as a team and carry it to the base, kind of like kill confirmed in MW3, but you have to bring the sparks to an objective and you can carry and unlimited amount but if you get killed they all drop.

Someone could join at anytime in Escalation mode.

I got past Wave 15 yesterday and I was disappointed it was Locked after that, I cant remember but I thought in WFC you could play beyond Wave 15?

Also playing as a Dinobot in campaign is so ****ing cool

Last edited by D12"Magic" : 08-23-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
Head Hunter is team based, you must pick up the most sparks as a team and carry it to the base, kind of like kill confirmed in MW3, but you have to bring the sparks to an objective and you can carry and unlimited amount but if you get killed they all drop.

Someone could join at anytime in Escalation mode.

I got past Wave 15 yesterday and I was disappointed it was Locked after that, I cant remember but I thought in WFC you could play beyond Wave 15?

Also playing as a Dinobot in campaign is so ****ing cool
Oh nice that sounds really good then, glad they made it that way.

About damn time, I was hoping since Gears 2 eventually made that possible games like Halo reach, transformers would do the same. About time someone else did. (and Halo 4 supposedly will as well)

I never got to 15, I tried my ass off just for that ****ing achievement for it, but never got there. I can't wait to play as a dinobot, hoping to pick this game up either this weekend or monday.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Oh nice that sounds really good then, glad they made it that way.

About damn time, I was hoping since Gears 2 eventually made that possible games like Halo reach, transformers would do the same. About time someone else did. (and Halo 4 supposedly will as well)

I never got to 15, I tried my ass off just for that ****ing achievement for it, but never got there. I can't wait to play as a dinobot, hoping to pick this game up either this weekend or monday.
So im guessing you play on 360?

Its sometimes annoying playing with randoms, especially when they dont do their jobs, especially the guy who has the healing abilities, and Ammo refills.

I play on PS3 for whoever wants to play, but it looks like a lot of people are sleeping on this series

Finished the game last night, ending was awesome.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
So im guessing you play on 360?

Its sometimes annoying playing with randoms, especially when they dont do their jobs, especially the guy who has the healing abilities, and Ammo refills.

I play on PS3 for whoever wants to play, but it looks like a lot of people are sleeping on this series

Finished the game last night, ending was awesome.
Yep. damn I would have played it with you if you were a 360 guy. I can never find a reliable group of people to play it with. Too many damn 12 year olds on it.

The ammo refill guy would piss me the hell off, from playing other games I'm kind of used to not getting health anymore. Typically I'm the medic now in most games I play. Like you, I just can't believe more people on ISH aren't playing this game. The first one was terrific, especially for it being the first, and a relatively new game studio doing it.

How long was the campaign? longer than the first? the campaign from the first game was a 5-6 hour one basically if I remember correctly.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Yep. damn I would have played it with you if you were a 360 guy. I can never find a reliable group of people to play it with. Too many damn 12 year olds on it.

The ammo refill guy would piss me the hell off, from playing other games I'm kind of used to not getting health anymore. Typically I'm the medic now in most games I play. Like you, I just can't believe more people on ISH aren't playing this game. The first one was terrific, especially for it being the first, and a relatively new game studio doing it.

How long was the campaign? longer than the first? the campaign from the first game was a 5-6 hour one basically if I remember correctly.
Definitely longer than the first, 10-11 hours.

Only 1 person has this on my friend-list so far, I have a mic and everything, would of been cool playing with you. Also looks like its just us 2 in here
Old 08-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
Rose
nanu nanu

Fantastic game so far. Campaign is really well done, well written. Good storyline that flows. Dialogue is pretty good. Multiplayer is fun so far. And improved, I think.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: