Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
evodeadd
I airball my layups

evodeadd has an OK reputation so far
Default David Lee needs to be a starter!

It totally blows my mind that Isiah doesn't start Lee.

It's already been proven 2 times now...when Lee starts...Knicks go on winning streak...

Even besides that...he's earned his playing time and deserves to start over Jeffries.
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Let the rookies play!!!! Start Balkman and Collins(especially since Marbs is out).
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
Kemosabe
High School Varsity 6th Man

Kemosabe has decent reputation

Yeh hes definitely playing with more passion and efeciency than some of the starters...
Kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

if you did that, your bench then becomes garbage.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
evodeadd
I airball my layups

evodeadd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

If having a winning record means having a garbage bench...then ok.

And to not always have to come behind cuz our starters can't do the job is also something I can live with.

Besides what's so garbage about having Jared Jeffries come off the bench instead? I think it'll pay off cuz he's just been so inconsistent...coming off the bench may help.

Last edited by evodeadd : 01-25-2007 at 06:42 PM.
evodeadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #6
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Isn't it funny that we are just fans and we can see something so obvious as Lee being far more superior than Jefferies. Zeke sees them in practice and in the games themselves and he STILL can't appreciate the fact. Lee is a beast and he should start EVERY game. Jefferies is just terrible. I don't know why they think he's a special defender, that dunk by Butler in the Wizards game was pretty close to him.

By the way, I hate you Jerome James.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

Lee plays around 30 minutes a night. He is getting starter minutes and he is usually on the floor in the fourth. Balkman gets no run and he is an athelic player with good defense. If he started instead of JJ number 2 we would have a more balance starting five.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:46 PM   #8
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: David Lee needs to be a starter!

I get the feeling skin color is an issue.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
If Zeke starts Lee, he would be admitting Jeffries is some doo-doo. And that would equal to a waste of two straight MLE's
Old 01-26-2007, 10:10 PM   #10
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
If Zeke starts Lee, he would be admitting Jeffries is some doo-doo. And that would equal to a waste of two straight MLE's

I also get the feeling Lee won't be a Knick for long.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #11
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Lee and Frye will bolt this team ASAP. They know they have the talent and are being held back because of the fact and it's being talked more and more about, that Isiah is playing contracts and not the best players.

By proving Curry is the man he is stifling other talented players like Lee, Frye and Balkman in favor of Jefferies, James and Curry.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #12
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I also get the feeling Lee won't be a Knick for long.
He's going to be a Knick for the rest of his career.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:24 AM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I was going to say that in my previous post on this thread. It's almost like what happened to Van Horn. He was the most decent player the year he left but Zeke got rid of him. Then the team really didn't have a perimeter game.

Now Lee coming off the bench and Jefferies starting is just a slap in the face for Lee's ball skills. Free Agency will be a blessing in disguise for Lee and Frye, maybe even Balkman.

Don't be surprised when we start hearing that they want to be traded. Thanks alot Zeke.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #14
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Keep the starters as it is. Lee coming off the bench still gets major minutes. Let Frye start and do his thing then have lee come in and let frye know that he's ending the game.

Marbury
Crawford
Richardson
Frye
Curry

Let it be then bring balkman and lee off the bench for energy
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:41 AM   #15
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

its overrated when people say he needs to start. as long as he gets the minutes thats all that matters.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: