Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Punpun has not been impressing people
Default In 10 years, Kobe will be a consensus top 5 all-time, Lebron ? in 15.

That is, if he retires in 2 years. The "Kobe" subject is still a debate way too hot to handle. Too many egos all over the net. But in 10 years ? In 10 years, all the fuss about Kobe will have settled down. There will be without a doubt new HUGE TALENTS to classify.

And thus, players like Kobe, and Lebron 10 years later as he won't have retired for a long enough time, will be seen as top 5. It's 100% certified. Kobe moreso than Lebron as Lebron has yet to truly cements himself and get all the accolades needed.

This is the truth. A beautiful truth.
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
riseagainst
Banned

riseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: In 10 years, Kobe will be a consensus top 5 all-time, Lebron ? in 15.

riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

Odinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: In 10 years, Kobe will be a consensus top 5 all-time, Lebron ? in 15.

Yeah. Another off-season Kobe fap fap thread. We needed it so desperately.
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

No, it's a threesome I'm having here. Too manly for ya ?
Old 08-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

I think 10 years from now, Kobe's stock will have significantly dipped.
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
I think 10 years from now, Kobe's stock will have significantly dipped.

This. Great career, but he was a sidekick.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

I don't get it. I appreciate Kobe for being one of the greatest players I ever witnessed in my lifetime, so it has nothing to do with an ego if I don't put him in the top 5. If anything that just shows the number of great players who've dominated in this leauge.

History remembers some players more favorable with time than others, like KBlaze said yesterday, Magic has become like a god in the eyes of nba fans years after he retired, whiles appreciation for Wilt seems at an all time low. Kobe might rise up higher after he retires, because in a way he represents the best product of the "be like mike era", dominated by scoring wingmen. But then again looking back on his efficency might have the opposite affect.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #8
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

You don't have to get it Yung. In 10 years, your appreciation will have changed. So will the talk about his supposed "inefficiency". So will the "Lebron is a choker" arguments.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

It depends on whose stock will fall. Magic, Bird, and Michael will never drop because of their popularity as basketball saviors. KAJ gets disrespect now so it's only a matter of time until he's forgotten by most like Wilt. People are legitimately going to forget how good players like Barkley and Malone were cause they never won. That is a shame.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #10
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punpun
You don't have to get it Yung. In 10 years, your appreciation will have changed. So will the talk about his supposed "inefficiency". So will the "Lebron is a choker" arguments.

I'm not understading this, it's 10 years after A.I's mvp season and I still consider him inefficient. Time doesn't change what players accomplished, only peoples perceptions of those accomplishments for better or worse (See Wilt in 2012).
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #11
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
This. Great career, but he was a sidekick.

So were Shaq, Magic, and Kareem.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #12
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Well, I know for a fact most people don't put Bird above Kobe. And this is NOW. It will only continue to increase. Who would you put above Kobe ? There will be Jordan at #1. Then you have Magic that will stay. Russell too. Kaj can interchange with Magic. And that's it. That leaves one spot for Kobe. Which will be even more easily gained if he can get another ring.

Then, Lebron time will come.

But Kobe has to be retired for 6+years.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
I'm not understading this, it's 10 years after A.I's mvp season and I still consider him inefficient. Time doesn't change what players accomplished, only peoples perceptions of those accomplishments for better or worse (See Wilt in 2012).

Your perception of Wilt has only changed because you post on Insidehoops where Jlaube did his best effort to make sure everyone hates Wilt. It's not the perception people have about him elsewhere. That's because someone took to himself to reopen a close subject, thus breaking the consensus reached everywhere that isn't insidehoops today.

Believe me, perception will change. Heck MJ gets more and more untouchable as the #1, the more time pass.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #14
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

OP does have a point though. When Kobe is retired people will just remember him for his numerous 50+ point explosions and 5 (maybe more?) rings.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
INDI
Local High School Star

INDI has no real reputation yet.

I agree. My list looks like this

Current

Mj
Jabbar
Wilt
Magic
Russell
Bird
Bryant
Shaq
Duncan
Robertson