Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default 3rd Annual ISH Money League Draft Grades

Here I will grade each draft and provide a little insight..

SCY - 8.3/10

SCY had one of the stronger drafts that included plenty of upside and depth. Most of his picks were good value picks at their respective slots. Even though I'm down on Gronkowski this year getting him at 23/24 was good value. If there is an area of weakness it's QB and more specifically SCY's QB depth. Both Luck and Wilson are ideal QB2's with high upside but it is to be seen if they can be consistent reliable QB1's right away. Also until one of his many flier RBs establish themselves he could be inconsistent at the flex spot.

Natalie Portmans aka NuggetsFan 6.2/10

Considering this is his first fantasy league and he stepped up into a big boy league I think he did quite. That being said he has one of the weaker teams in the league. Taking Rodgers 2nd overall in this draft really handicapped him and as a result has little depth at both WR/RB. I also think if you draft Adrian Peterson you have to draft reliable and durable players from there on out and Miles Austin is the opposite of durable. I also thought Blackmon was a reach at 74 and I do think he will struggle with production from TE/Flex positions.

Basketball4Life 8.7/10

Had a really terrific draft from top to bottom. Even the picks I didn't love like Donald Brown at 70 or Charles at 22 were both good values. Has a really stacked team from top to bottom with plenty of upside. The only pick I have a real gripe with is Ingram as I don't see him being playable right now as even a flex. Not many flaws with this team, especially if Rudolph or Cook can be productive low end TE1s. Even without that happening he is a stronger contender for both most points and the championship.

Doomsday Dallas 7.4/10

I thought he did really well in the first 6 rounds after that it started to get ugly. His team is impressive up top but has very little depth. That being said some maneuvering on the waiver wire and this could be a very strong contender. Gore at 52 was an excellent value and I like where he got Vick as well. Schaub is a strong QB2 and a nice backup. Gates was also a good value where he was drafted. Some savvy in season moves and this could be a scary team.

Team RBA - 8.1/10

RBA is a model of consistency. This guy always has a solid draft. He's kind of like a prime Thomas Jones of drafting, you know you're getting a high floor. My biggest gripes with RBA's team is lack of upside. I do think Roddy White was a reach at 20. I believe he is taking a major backseat in the offense to Julio Jones and is also having trouble separating from DBs at this stage in his career. What made Roddy a stud was also a high volume of targets which will have a negative impact on his fantasy outlook. That being said he's still a WR1 (albeit low end IMO). The rest of RBA's draft is very solid but I think Demariyus Thomas could prove to be a reach considering he passed on D Bowe/Lloyd/Maclin. The rest of his draft is the epitome of solid and Team RBA barring injury will for the 3rd year in the row be in the playoffs which is all you can really ask for.

Illini Money 7.9/10

Another draft I like a lot. Love taking FJAX in the 2nd round, I think that was a very savvy move, he is a guy that's getting under drafted for whatever reason. Eli at 54 was a great pick considering he's one of the last QB1s. Greg Little could be a serviceable WR3. A few things I didn't like was Stewart at 67 although with a little bit of luck or misfortune in Deangelo Williams case that could payoff majorly. I also thought Ryan Williams selection was a little high but he more than made up for that taking Jacquizz at 102.

The JBs 7.7/10

JBs team definitely has a high ceiling, however with that ceiling comes some risk. The strength of his team is WRs. They will win a lot of games on their own. I do think considering how late QBs were available that this could have been an elite team had JB passed on Brady and gone RB and looked for a QB later. Hindsight is 20/20 though and this could still end up a serious contender. I do think that that this team has a very high ceiling but some major question marks at both RB and TE.

Lil Kitty aka Marlo - 10000/10

Enough said...Just kidding, but I was very pleased with my draft. I would have preferred a QB2 with more upside and I may have reached for Jordy Nelson.

Jazz Ballers - 7.1/10

Some things I loved and some picks I hated. Matthews at 9 is way too early IMO considering his durability issues and that he may miss some time to start the season. Graham at 16 no complaints there. I thought Welker at 33 was a little high but that guy continually proves me wrong year and year out. Manning at 57 was definitely high at this point in time, need to see more from him until he's worthy of that spot. Loved the RG3 pick in the 11th round, that could make this team very dangerous if he has ends up having a similar rookie season to Cam.

P Tiddy 7.6/10

Similar to Dooms I thought Tiddy did well in the early stages but struggled late. Brees at 10 was a great value and Fitz at 15 is very solid. SJAX at 34 was a tremendous value and Dez's upside is awesome especially when you can put him alongside the rock that is Fitz. Vernon was a slight reach but the last of the true elite TEs. Shonn Greene at 63 was a bad pick but then again he is a lock for 300 touches. Titus Young and Benson were both really nice late round picks who could pay off dividends. I could see this team being really strong if a few things fall into place.

The Silent Killer 7.9/10

Very solid draft, nice mix up upside and consistency. Some very good late round fliers too. Thought Bradshaw went a little too high, also thought if you take Bradshaw you must draft Wilson to handcuff him. Holmes went early but should be a decent WR4. Love the Ridley/Washington/and Houston D (yes im serious) picks. This is a strong contender.

GOBB - 6.1/10

Not sure what happened here. Gobb is a smart guy but I think he came really unprepared and it hurt him. MJD at 12 I thought was a shrewd move outside of that and Djax at 61 I didn't like a whole lot else. I won't each touch on the QB debacle. At the end of the day this could be the best team and I could look like a fool however based on value and balance I think this was a weak draft.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League Draft Grades

Thought you did a pretty good job of analyzing. I was really happy with my last 6 rounds, but I could have done a tad better in the middle. This should be a really competitive league.

I will try and rate yours now. I like your QB combo of Cutler and Big Ben, especially for how late you were able to snag them. You have a devastatingly good 1-2-3 receiver punch, and picking up Cobb was a smart pick. Your running backs are the weakest part of your draft. I really don't like Martin as a rb2, and as a Lions fan I know that you should never trust a lions running back to step up fantasy wise. Overall I would give you a 7.8-8.0, depending on how some of your running backs turn out.

Last edited by TheSilentKiller : 08-23-2012 at 12:54 PM.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, I'm super weak at TE lol. People were taking back-ups before I even selected Daniels. I'll prob look to trade for an upgrade. I think I would be a lot more concerned with my RBs if I didn't get Hillis. I think he will be a better version of what Thomas Jones was for the Chiefs. Apparently the plan is to split 500 carries between him and Charles during the year which means he will get plenty of usage.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 08-23-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Thanks Silent Killer - Im high on Martins opportunity more than I am him. I know he will be good in ppr leagues based on volume of touches and I needed to look RB hence the selection.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good breakdown, I disagree with you completely on Nugget's team though

I do think he reached a little on Blackmon but Blackmon has been looking great in the preseason so I don't think it was that out of line.

Rodgers will be the highest scorer in all of fantasy land, not a reach at 2 at all...if Peterson is Peterson that should end up being like a top-5 pick...AJ Green should be alock for monster stats...Miles has top-5 potential if healthy.

His team is scary IMO
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When GoBB took Romo AFTER taking Cam I thought Yahoo was glitching out on me
Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

all the "sleepers" I had got snagged earlier than I thought, except Titus Young who I think will be a star this year, his camp reports are nuts.

-Antonio Brown
-Donald Brown
-Reggie Bush
-Danny Amendola

I was hoping to get all of those guys in late rounds but they all got lifted right before they got to me.

I think all of those players have huge upside
Old 08-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Antonio Brown is going to have a great year. Looks for more big plays from him this season. He made his living as a possession receiver last year but I think he will show his explosiveness this year.

I prob like bb4l's draft best (other than mine of course ) tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah my draft was weaksauce. Bench is trash, so is flex position. Guys I wanted were being snatched up, Tony Romo was a panic pick. Then I noticed the strategy being used with the QB position. I bounced after the next pick. CPU took some bad picks for me as well. RB I.Redmon? WR R.Randle? RB from Denver whom I'm dropping. 2 defenses. I dont know why I drafted Crabtree, I dont even like Alex Smith QB. He's decent but doesnt air it out plus they added Moss. Past his prime but its another guy capable of stealing stats. I dont like Djax, that was just "Oh look Eagles player, I know him!" pick. Altho he could be in for a big year. Or same ole spotty play with a big game sprinkled throughout the season to make overall stats look good but eh. I hate Michael Turner, he doesnt catch any passes out the backfield and Atlanta will air it out making his production drop.

Only thing that could save me and keep me competitive is 1. injuries to other players teams 2. Getting lucky finding a gem ala Victor Cruz, Gronk etc. I dont see anyone on my bench capable of that so it'll hve to be on waiver list. Thnks for the 6, I'd give mself a 5/10 value wise.

After lookin at draft results I didnt take Crabtree. Yahoo did.

Last edited by GOBB : 08-23-2012 at 04:29 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
all the "sleepers" I had got snagged earlier than I thought, except Titus Young who I think will be a star this year, his camp reports are nuts.

-Antonio Brown
-Donald Brown
-Reggie Bush
-Danny Amendola

I was hoping to get all of those guys in late rounds but they all got lifted right before they got to me.

I think all of those players have huge upside
I really like Titus Young this year as well. I was going to pick him until you snagged him right before me
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #11
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad

Doomsday Dallas 7.4/10

I thought he did really well in the first 6 rounds after that it started to get ugly. His team is impressive up top but has very little depth. That being said some maneuvering on the waiver wire and this could be a very strong contender. Gore at 52 was an excellent value and I like where he got Vick as well. Schaub is a strong QB2 and a nice backup. Gates was also a good value where he was drafted. Some savvy in season moves and this could be a scary team.

All I need is help at the WR position... If Randy Moss can be "Randy Moss" for one more year... I will be very scary. (but obviously that's probably not going to happen).

yea... I'm not very happy with how my depth turned out either... But that's what happens when you take your backup QB in the 9th round.

I should of taken Torrey Smith instead of Robert Meachem in the 7th round.

But what WR should I have taken in the 8th instead of Lance Moore? There's nobody left!!!

(Probably should of taken Santana Moss instead of Michael Floyd in the 11th)
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: