Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 01-26-2007, 01:53 AM   #1
T21
I brick open layups

T21 has an OK reputation so far
Default How about...

Zaza, Marvin and perhaps a draft pick (not this years) for Pau Gasol?
This would get us over the hump! Imagine the combo of JJ and Pau, plus Chill and Smith roaming the lanes and showing their athleticism, plus a decent PG (we already have a good bench) and... you have a contender!
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

frankthetank966 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How about...

I think I would do it. But I would def. do it if it was Shelden instead of Marvin.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I say trade Speedy,Sheldon, and Batista to the Grizzles and Get Gasol.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
hawks4life
I airball my layups

hawks4life has an OK reputation so far

no way grizzlies would do that tho iddzile
hawks4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:22 AM   #5
T21
I brick open layups

Well, Hawks have to do something... maybe even try to trade for KG! I think he will soon become available! One of these two guys would realy take our team to a whole new level!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:36 AM   #6
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by T21
Well, Hawks have to do something... maybe even try to trade for KG! I think he will soon become available! One of these two guys would really take our team to a whole new level!
i dun think you guys should go after KG, if this was going to be successful, without giving up JJ you would have to give up, most of your young talent. If i was the GM i wouldnt be giving some of the best talent in the lead for KG, i know KG is one of the most dominate players in the league, but if i was atlanta i was think twice about doing a trade for KG.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
T21
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
i dun think you guys should go after KG, if this was going to be successful, without giving up JJ you would have to give up, most of your young talent. If i was the GM i wouldnt be giving some of the best talent in the lead for KG, i know KG is one of the most dominate players in the league, but if i was atlanta i was think twice about doing a trade for KG.

I understand what you are saying, but just think about this: Hawks won't be able to keep the 3-some of Chill, Smoove and Marvin! Not only because they play similar positions, but also because of the fact that it will be impossible to sign all three of them for reasonable money... Conclusion, Hawks will have to make a decision on this subject anyway, and why not now? They can try to get a great player in return for a package that would also include Zaza or Salim or maybe a draft pick (Hawks already have enough young players)... and btw it doesn't have to be KG...
Old 01-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #8
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

One reasonable trade I have thought of is this

Zaza (center), Salim (guard), Chilldress (guard/forward) and Shelden (forward/center) - Gasol (forward/center), Gay (guard)

The way I see this trade is that we will be giving the Grizzles another center to replace Gasol. Salim who has great potential to score 12-15 points a game, Childress who will give you 12-15 points 5-6 rebs a game and 2 assists. Shelden will add more depth to the Grizzles.

There are too many obvious reasons why the Hawks need Gasol. Height, scoring, leadership. And Gay would give them a much needed point guard.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #9
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

Zaza (center), Salim (guard), Chilldress (guard/forward) and Shelden (forward/center) - Gasol (forward/center), Gay (guard)

The way I see this trade is that we will be giving the Grizzles another center to replace Gasol. Salim who has great potential to score 12-15 points a game, Childress who will give you 12-15 points 5-6 rebs a game and 2 assists. Shelden will add more depth to the Grizzles.

There are too many obvious reasons why the Hawks need Gasol. Height, scoring, leadership. And Gay would give them a much needed point guard.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:48 AM   #10
T21
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank966

Yep! I agree, that trade would work wonders for the Hawks! However, I'n not sure that Grizzlies would part ways with Gay... Anyway, getting Gasol should obviously become a priority to our GM... We all realized that we need someone, as you described, tall, skillful, great in the post, etc. who could take Hawks to another level...
Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 PM   #11
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

Yea I do not know why they aren't pushing to get Gasol. It is so obvious that they could use his help for the playoff push.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #12
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.

this trade should satisfy both teams

p.gasol
d.jones
s.swift

for

z.pachulia
m.williams
s.stoudamire
e.batista
1st round pick

the lineups would look like..

atlanta

pg-s.claxton/t.lue/r.ivey
sg-j.johnson/d.jones
sf-j.smith/j.childress
pf-p.gasol/s.swift
c-l.wright/s.williams

memphis

pg-c.atkins/d.stoudamire/k.lowery
sg-r.gay/s.stoudamire
sf-m.miller/h.warrick
pf-m.williams/l.roberts/e.batista
c-z.pachulia/j.tskalititas
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:13 AM   #13
T21
I brick open layups

Well, if I was BK, I'd pull trigger on that one in a heartbeat! I think the Hawks would get the edge, but if Grizz are looking to cut down their payroll, stay competitive and get young assets in return, this could make sense for both teams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFunk
this trade should satisfy both teams

p.gasol
d.jones
s.swift

for

z.pachulia
m.williams
s.stoudamire
e.batista
1st round pick

the lineups would look like..

atlanta

pg-s.claxton/t.lue/r.ivey
sg-j.johnson/d.jones
sf-j.smith/j.childress
pf-p.gasol/s.swift
c-l.wright/s.williams

memphis

pg-c.atkins/d.stoudamire/k.lowery
sg-r.gay/s.stoudamire
sf-m.miller/h.warrick
pf-m.williams/l.roberts/e.batista
c-z.pachulia/j.tskalititas
Old 02-08-2007, 04:25 AM   #14
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank966

u might as well just ask for gasol and gay for free
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: