Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

Default Saint Players win on Appeal

GOOD. They didn't deserve it. note: I think they did the bounty thing, but i also don't see what choice they have. Was the league telling them to not listen to their coaches? To have a mutiny? To get cut?

For the coaches, i think they can burn but for the players, they got hit way too hard.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
clipse026
Local High School Star

Default Re: Saint Players win on Appeal

Sweet victory. No proof, no example other than a few rough hits on Favre. I hope Benson sues the shit out of Roger and Espn for the way the covered this mess and the "wiretapping" made up bullshit.

No real shocker that you think they're guilty though but that's not worth arguing anymore
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

wow...didn't see this coming

Saints Vegas odds just changed
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
clipse026
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
wow...didn't see this coming

Saints Vegas odds just changed
Doubt it's by much. Smith will be better under Spags but Vilma is still hurt and this doesn't give us our coaches or gm back.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
GOOD. They didn't deserve it. note: I think they did the bounty thing, but i also don't see what choice they have. Was the league telling them to not listen to their coaches? To have a mutiny? To get cut?

For the coaches, i think they can burn but for the players, they got hit way too hard.

Engaging in things you know as a player is wrong is what the NFL was saying.

They dont deserve to be suspended for intentionally trying to hurt someone for money. But if a dude acts up off the field suspension is justified? That makes sense. I dont think the suspensions should be severe like a whole season. But a couple games would have been fair.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
DuMa
Canned

w00t. i didnt like the suspensions. I dont like having a team gutted on defense because of this.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

This win doesn't show they were innocent, just that Goodell didn't have jurisdiction to impose those suspensions.

This is not the last we'll hear of this.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

They could be suspended still, but taking a whole season away from Vilma was probably overboard.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Sweet victory. No proof, no example other than a few rough hits on Favre. I hope Benson sues the shit out of Roger and Espn for the way the covered this mess and the "wiretapping" made up bullshit.

No real shocker that you think they're guilty though but that's not worth arguing anymore
They were guilty of participating, yes. Clearly. But I don't think they really tried to hurt people nor do I think they had a choice.

The best thing in all this is your D is so soft that a pay to injure was impossible to do.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Engaging in things you know as a player is wrong is what the NFL was saying.

They dont deserve to be suspended for intentionally trying to hurt someone for money. But if a dude acts up off the field suspension is justified? That makes sense. I dont think the suspensions should be severe like a whole season. But a couple games would have been fair.
A short suspension I agree was ok, but the league hammered them,
Old 09-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #11
maxhornets
Jrue Dat

Thank god, the season suspension on Vilma was bullshit. Vilma is still injured for the next 2-3 weeks but having will smith back could have an immediate impact
maxhornets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #12
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:

Okay I agree that it was a heavy penalty.

But your reasoning is stupid. They didn't have a choice? They were just following orders?

This sounds... awfully familiar to this one time...
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Okay I agree that it was a heavy penalty.

But your reasoning is stupid. They didn't have a choice? They were just following orders?

This sounds... awfully familiar to this one time...

This is basically my thoughts....They had very little choice. If they did not go along with it, they would be cut, branded malcontents. The entire NFL culture is about following the coach, etc. Asking them to make a stand on this strikes me as unfair.

HOWEVER, regardless of this i think they should be punished for the consequences as severely as possible. I don't see any consequences. They didn't hurt anyone (correct me if i'm wrong here).

Because of this i don't see the need for them to be punished just for "following orders" when you can't even really prove if they did or not.

If the coach said HURT HIM and they did, id see both getting punished. But they really didn't. So its hard for me to judge the players intent.

The coaches intent is much easier to see they are not pressured to do this so i think their punishments are fine (especially since they were warned).

Last edited by niko : 09-08-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWzvq53bIF8#t=10m35s

leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:09 AM   #15
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
This is basically my thoughts....They had very little choice. If they did not go along with it, they would be cut, branded malcontents. The entire NFL culture is about following the coach, etc. Asking them to make a stand on this strikes me as unfair.

HOWEVER, regardless of this i think they should be punished for the consequences as severely as possible. I don't see any consequences. They didn't hurt anyone (correct me if i'm wrong here).

Because of this i don't see the need for them to be punished just for "following orders" when you can't even really prove if they did or not.

If the coach said HURT HIM and they did, id see both getting punished. But they really didn't. So its hard for me to judge the players intent.

The coaches intent is much easier to see they are not pressured to do this so i think their punishments are fine (especially since they were warned).

I do believe that the coaches should have been hit hardest. But these are grown men doing a job. I don't think they are for lack of a better term afraid or sub servant to their coaches at this level.

Beyond that if the coaches cut them then you have some angry folk with some information that you don't want getting out. S.M.U. folk know all about that one.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: