Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

Quote:
ďWe definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9, thatís definitely something that I want to do. Whoever is out there at the beginning of the season then we gotta get it. Itís as simple as that. We just have to go get it. (Host: So that Bulls record is something youíre thinking about?) No question. You try to snatch records before you leave this earth. You gotta try to do a lot of great things so itís definitely a goal. With Dwight Howard, (Steve) Nash, Kobe (Bryant), myself, Pau (Gasol) and then (Antawn) Jamison and a lot of great additions itís something thatís possible.Ē

Metta got high expectations for being the 5th wheel.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation
Default Re: Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

Jordan never played with anyone as dominant as Dwight so it should be possible.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Metta World Peace: "We definitely want to beat the Bulls record and go 73-9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning

This. If Lakers don't beat the Bulls record Kobe needs to be dropped out of the top 20 on all time lists.

trololololo lololo lololo
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
Mr Know It All
Local High School Star

Mr Know It All has decent reputationMr Know It All has decent reputation

Quote:

The logic in this place is mind boggling.
Mr Know It All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I guess Pippen one of the top 50 players of all time is chump change?
Oh and the greatest rebounder and fellow HOF member Dennis Rodman???
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 has decent reputationlilgodfather1 has decent reputation

I don't see it happening. This team is OLD.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 has decent reputationlilgodfather1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
I guess Pippen one of the top 50 players of all time is chump change?
Oh and the greatest rebounder and fellow HOF member Dennis Rodman???
Not to mention Pippen is better than Dwight... Even if you say Dwight is an all time great defender (which he is), Pippen is at minimum top 5, and I don't see Dwight that far up there considering the "competition" he has faced at the "center" position in his career.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Pippen > Howard
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Never take what MWP says with any serious reaction. They like no other team would even try chasing it.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is one of the possible hurdles for this team; believing they are great before they prove it.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #13
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
The logic in this place is mind boggling.

What logic?
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
Mr Know It All
Local High School Star

Mr Know It All has decent reputationMr Know It All has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
What logic?

Point taken.
Mr Know It All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #15
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

I love me some Metta, but this is a dumb move. That is, talking about it openly before any games or practices have happened.

Had he said this if the team was 55-4, then I can kinda get it.

But nobody in the entire Lakers organization needs to be thinking about regular season wins, and especially not 70 wins. Its the race to 16 thats begins in April is what is important.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: