Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default My fellow Americans,

How does it feel to know that the U.S. is the bad guy? I'm a bit conflicted. I can't imagine living in any other country, but its a weird feeling knowing you're on the side of the super villains, and everything you do supports their strangle hold on the rest of the globe.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My fellow Americans,

Ive always wanted to live in Mordor.. close enough.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #4
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

With great power right...?

But never has any government ever been like Peter Parker. As someone who has a decent background in history I feel like maybe I'm cynical. But I feel like this is how the world works. It's not something I'm very proud of, we watched a film on Vietnam in my class today and it was upsetting stuff, but I understand that it's not something to be seriously shocked about, it's just another straw to place on top of the camels back.

The American Exceptionalism idea has long since faded from my mind. We do what is in our interests.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #5
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bad guy to whom?
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #6
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

As a Canadian neighbor, I don't think America is all that bad. The most powerful nations have always been conquering new lands, but the US has done it far less than other nations in the past. The British were even far worse in the past. The US will always put it's interests ahead of everything, but generally let the world be as it is. If your country wasn't drowning in debt and wanted to take over the world, it would probably succeed or at least come close. The US navy alone is ridiculously larger and more advanced than the rest of the world's.
Velocirap31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:56 AM   #8
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

i have no problems with being the bad country. we're baaaaad. i just have a problem with being the stupid country, and i can't argue if you say our country is full of crack heads.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:13 AM   #9
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:19 AM   #10
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Being the only superpower in the world, it is inevitable for US to be a badass to keep it that way.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #11
TheeBeast
Local High School Star

TheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this boardTheeBeast is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Ive always wanted to live in Mordor.. close enough.

TheeBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #12
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
How does it feel to know that the U.S. is the bad guy? I'm a bit conflicted. I can't imagine living in any other country, but its a weird feeling knowing you're on the side of the super villains, and everything you do supports their strangle hold on the rest of the globe.

"It's a funny feeling being taken under the wing of a dragon. It's warmer than you'd think."

Amsterdam Vallon - Gangs of New York
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:07 AM   #13
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fellow Americans, it's with the utmost pride and sincerity that i this present this recording as a living testament and recollection of history in the making during our generation.....

Allow me to re-introduce myself...
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #14
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
As a Canadian neighbor, I don't think America is all that bad. The most powerful nations have always been conquering new lands, but the US has done it far less than other nations in the past. The British were even far worse in the past. The US will always put it's interests ahead of everything, but generally let the world be as it is. If your country wasn't drowning in debt and wanted to take over the world, it would probably succeed or at least come close. The US navy alone is ridiculously larger and more advanced than the rest of the world's.

LOL modern empires no longer need to conquer land to gain power, so the fact that the US isn't doing it means absolutely jack shiit. It's through corporate power and economic manipulation that they gain true control. In fact, countries don't even matter anymore, it's elite interest that prevails. And the US is very bad and very very dangerous. Maybe that doesn't translate into huge death tolls and physical oppression but the results are even more sinister. They've created a system of manipulation that the people have accepted and are unable to change even if they wanted to.

The changes are done so gradually that we don't even notice it done in front of our very eyes. That is way worse than an outright dominating presence because simple human minds cannot detect and therefore revolt against it. Any being with human sensibilities can be disgusted by pictures of a concentration camp, but a complex system of lies and deceit does not immediately get an emotional rise out of someone.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #15
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Fuck that WE DA BESSSSS!!!

Its the truth doe

Honestly, it doesn't matter one bit to me if people in other countries have some senseless bias against me. I myself do not hold that same bias against them because I realize that all men are created equal, and such a senseless conviction is simply ignorant.

Also, I, and most people I know, do not ever plan to permanently reside outside the US so this bias will never directly affect me. I realize there are foreign policy implications that sociologically affect me, but hopefully the foreign powers in the position of deciding things like that do not hold such ignorant biases.

Basically - Dey mad cuz we stylin on dem! And dey cant do shyt and dey still mad!
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: