Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Up and comimg star with the most to prove this year?

Who do you think it is?
For me it has to be john wall

So many comparisons were made about him being a better derrick rose and so far i havent seen it!

I think he lacks work ethic but hey i could be wrong.

What about u guys?
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
Wavy Crockett
He Is I and I Am Him

Wavy Crockett has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Up and comimg star with the most to prove this year?

I agree with you about John Wall. I think it's plausible to say the Wizards may move in a different direction if he fails to improve this year. I also think Anthony Davis needs to have a above average year. Lotta hype surrounding this kid. Don't think it was a good move from him to play on the Olympic team this year.
Wavy Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Walls already injured, good luck with that..

So is Bynum who SHOULD be motivated, doubt it though..
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy Crockett
I agree with you about John Wall. I think it's plausible to say the Wizards may move in a different direction if he fails to improve this year. I also think Anthony Davis needs to have a above average year. Lotta hype surrounding this kid. Don't think it was a good move from him to play on the Olympic team this year.

I think it was great for his development, playing against some of the worlds greatest players, and being around NBA players etc..
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
LosBulls
Bulls Fan Since 2010

LosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

O.J Mayo
LosBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
j3lademaster
I get superstar calls

j3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected poster

Up and coming star is Kyrie. He's a prisoner of is own success last season.

Howevery, Dwight's got the most to prove. He's in LA with the media and the great centers of the past to live up to, proven winners around him making it pretty much championship or bust for him. This season will show if Dwight crumbles under the pressure or rises above it. It will show what kind of player dude is.
j3lademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Eric Gordon just needs to stay healthy and he'll prove a lot.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #8
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Tyreke Evans for me personally, being such a 6'6 PG and after becoming the 4th player in NBA history to average at least 20-5-5 in a rookie year i always had high expectations.... this will be the deciding year for him to prove whether he is anywhere close to as good as those other 3 guys were or at least better than what he was his rookie year.... that he simply aint anymore than simply a 20-5-5 player and that season was his best season of his career statistically (well, he decreased in numbers since then)...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #9
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Roy Hibbert. he was an allstar last year and now looks to be the man in Indy now they know Granger cant be the one to lead them. His play dropped off in the Heat series when he was the one who had a big matchup advantage against the centerless Heat. So he has to be the one who has the most to prove.

One could argue for Bynum as well.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #10
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

LeBron

He need to prove he can win in a real regular season not fake lockout/shortened season..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #11
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
LeBron

He need to prove he can win in a real regular season not fake lockout/shortened season..

...ah, this guy again...

Can you please also troll away an excuse to how 16 extra more regular season games for everybody would turned the tides for Lebron/Miami last playoffs or anybody else (where all played full/regular playoff games and where Miami didnt even have homecourt advantage against 2-3 teams and where Bosh/Wade were injured/playing injured)? Miami/Lebron do not get into the playoffs or something?

Last edited by pauk : 10-06-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:09 AM   #12
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
...ah, this guy again...

But for the sake of you being stupid enough to seriously think that, can you explain how 16 extra more regular season games would turned the tides for Lebron/Miami last playoffs?
82 >>> 66 simple common sense

Many things can happen in those 16 games.. LeBron can suffer a career ending injury.. Bosh can be eaten by a Lion in the zoo.. Wade can suffer a SDS for listening to Bieber for too long.. Who knows? All these are possibilities..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:22 AM   #13
LakersForlife
Serious playground baller

LakersForlife is starting to rub some people the wrong way

carmelo anthony..another bad season..he should prove he can do something besides scoring..his defense in not nba level
LakersForlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #14
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think there is a lot of pressure on Tyreke Evans. Someone mentioned the victim of his own success line, and this definitely applies to 'Reke, especially after his somewhat disappointing last couple of seasons. Really hope he can stay healthy first and foremost. It's supposed to be 'his' team, and there was no doubt about that in his rookie year.

Honestly though? I'm not excited about the prospect of Aaron Brooks and Tyreke in the backcourt together. Hope they can work well together, if Brooks is a willing passer.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:37 AM   #15
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
82 >>> 66 simple common sense

Many things can happen in those 16 games.. LeBron can suffer a career ending injury.. Bosh can be eaten by a Lion in the zoo.. Wade can suffer a SDS for listening to Bieber for too long.. Who knows? All these are possibilities..

lmao... i see...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: