Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-06-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
zizozain
hi AJ2k8

Default Student, 17, tells 911 dispatcher that he shot dead his mother and 15-year-old sister

TWENTY MINUTES OF TERROR: SELECTED TRANSCRIPT BETWEEN JAKE EVANS AND 911 DISPATCH OPERATOR

911 Dispatch: Parker County 911, where is your emergency?
Jake Evans: Uh, my house.

911: Whatís the emergency?

Evans: Uh, I just killed my mom and my sister.

911: What? How did you do that?

Evans: Uh, I shot them with a .22 revolver.

911: Are you sure theyíre dead?

Evans: Theyíre dead.

911: Okay, I want you to stay on the phone with me. Are you alright?

Evans: Yeah, Iím alright. (The gun) is on the kitchen counter.

911: Jake, are you on any medication?

Evans: Uh, no. Iíve been going to the allergist, Iím on
allergy medication. Other than Zyrtec and Advil and
Pseudoephedrine, I donít take anything else.

911: Is there any reason that you were so angry at your mother and your sister?

Evans: I donít know. Ö Itís weird. I wasnít even really angry with them. It just kind of happened. Iíve been kind of, uh, planning on, uh, killing for a while now.
911: The two of Ďem, or just anybody?

Evans: Pretty much anybody.

911: Why?

Evans: I donít know. I donít really like, uh, peopleís, uh, attitude. Ö I think itís kind of, very, like, you know, emotional. Theyíre verbally rude to each other and stuff like that. I donít know. Itís just my family is just kind of really I guess this is really selfish to say, but I felt they were just suffocating me in a way. I donít know, Iím pretty, I guess, evilÖWhatever, Iím sorry.

911: Were your mom and sister in their beds?

Evans: I donít know. This is going to really mess me up in the future. I told my sister that my mom needed her. She was in her room, and she came out of her room, and I shot her. And she rolled down the stairs and I shot her again. And then I went down and I shot my mom maybe three or four times, but Iíll never forget this. My sister, she came downstairs and she was screaming and I was telling her that Iím sorry but just to hold still Ė that, you know, I was just going to make it go away. But she kept on freaking out, but she finally fell down and I shot her in the head about, probably, three or four times.

911: Are you in the kitchen?

Evans: Yes.

911: Whereís your dad?

Evans: Heís out of town. Washington, D.C. And, uh, I guess for future reference, I donít really want to see any of my family members, like visiting or whatever. I just donít want any type of visitors.

911: You donít want to hurt yourself, do you?

Evans: Just to let you know, I hate the feeling of killing someone. (Sighs) Iím going to be messed up.

911: You just take a deep breath. We have deputies coming, and theyíre going to help you. Just to let you know, weíre going to help you, weíre not going to hurt you.

Evans: I understand if yaíll want to.

911: No, weíre there to help you, Jake. Everybody thinks we want to do bad things, but right or wrong, we want to help people, and weíre gonna help you. Do you understand that,
Jake?

911: Is it a gated community? Is there a gate?
Evans: Uh, yes. You want the password? (He gives her the password)

911: Itís going to be alright, it really is. Theyíll be
there shortly, wonít be long now. Jake, would you mind turning any of the porch lights on?

Evans: I have turned the front lights on. (pauses) I was thinking of my sister. She was 15.

911: How long ago did (the shootings) happen?

Evans: About, uh, 30 minutes ago. (breathes heavily)

911: Youíll be alright, Jake.

Evans: Iím really worried about, like, nightmares and stuff
like that. Are there any times of medications, and stuff?

911: Well, I think there is. I donít know, Iím not a doctor but Ö Iím sure your family will get you the support you need.

Evans: I donít mean to sound like a wimp or anything, but this is, wow, Iíve never, like, done anything violent in my whole life.

911: You donít sound like a violent person. But um, help will be provided for you. Medical and psychological. That will be provided, so you donít have to worry about that right now. Take deep breaths for me now, youíre doing fine. In through your nose, and out through your mouth so you donít hyperventilate, okay?
Evans: (breathing)

911: Good, you sound a lot calmer right now.
Evans: I didnít want them to feel pain, thatís why I used a gun, but itís like everything went wrong.

911: Jake, my officers are almost there, would you be willing to walk out on your own?

Evans: Um, yes, I forgot to say before I called, I put the gun on the counter, itís still loaded.

911: Okay, thatís fine. Iíll stay on the phone until itís time for you to walk out. Are you on your home phone? Is it cordless?

911: Jake, what I want you do to is walk outside, but when youíre walking outside, stay visible, donít walk behind any furniture. When you open the front door, put your hands up in the air, just walk very slowly, and walk outside, and keep your hands visible, alright, sweetie? Iíll talk to you later.

Evans: Thank you (puts phone down)

911: Youíre welcome.

full audio, pics, etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz28SLoQqKA
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #2
therammingman
National High School Star

Default Re: Student, 17, tells 911 dispatcher that he shot dead his mother and 15-year-old sister

feel bad for his other sisters and dad
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:05 AM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ģ 1997

Default Re: Student, 17, tells 911 dispatcher that he shot dead his mother and 15-year-old sister

Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
BuffaloBill
Thanks for asking

That bath salts is some crazy shit
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:07 AM   #5
jaydacris
Rose

read the whole transcript... makes you feel a bit uneasy
yikes

thats messed up
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 AM   #6
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Well, that's awful...

question:

He says he told his sister his mother wanted her, and then killed her. Then he says he killed mother but then talks about his sister and shooting her in the head. Is that the same sister or did he kill two sisters?
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:25 AM   #7
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Well, that's awful...

question:

He says he told his sister his mother wanted her, and then killed her. Then he says he killed mother but then talks about his sister and shooting her in the head. Is that the same sister or did he kill two sisters?
yeah that confused me as well.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #8
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:37 AM   #9
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Obviously, he's sick in the mind. Better to put him down now and study his brain or something.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:52 AM   #10
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

What's really f*cked up, is how self absorbed the kid is. He can only see the situation from his own introverted perspective. He's worried about what this will do to him, in the same way that you speak about a nuisance.. Partially desensitized to the atrocious act that hes committed or the cataclysm that he has created for the rest of his family. Narcissistic and delusions of self importance. Warped minds f*cking up so much shit in a single instant..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:03 AM   #11
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

i dont know why, but seeing this pic makes me feel his sister is a nice person, wtf did he do

and this is his house with a pool

kids should not have access to the guns. was it his dads?
if his dad left the guns unlocked, then we have a problem..

edit: it was his grandpa's
Quote:
Evans also confessed that he took the gun from his grandfather’s house across the street.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #12
Riddler
D-94

demons.

That's the only explanation I can come up with.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:40 AM   #13
shoops
High School JV MVP

That's some really ****ed up shit....

The stair part was confusingly described but I think he shot his mom first.

Last edited by shoops : 10-06-2012 at 04:42 AM.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #14
macmac
Gov'n

Pretty chilling.

From what I understood, he shot his sister but didn't kill her cuz a .22 is a bitch caliber....and after he killed his mom she came down all bloodied out and proceeded to freak the fukk out
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #15
iamgine

Why didn't he wait until his dad and other sisters are home before starting a massacre? Kids these days are so impatient.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: