Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-28-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default The Knicks "Starting Lineup"

Who would you rather start, there has been many talk but talk about it in this thread. Give your starting lineup list and why you don't start players and why you do.

Point Gaurd - Stephon Marbury
Shooting Gaurd- Jamal Crawford
Small Foward - Quentin Richardson
Power Foward - Channing Frye
Center - Eddy Curry

6th Man - David Lee
7th Man - Renaldo Balkman/Jared Jefferies

Bench - Nate Robinson, Kelvin Cato, Jerome James, Steve Francis, Malik Rose, Mardy Collins

I don't start Lee because he brings the energy off the bench and if frye gets his shot going early it would be deadly with a lineup of marbury, q rich and jamal. All deadly shooters when hot.

Balkman is better then jefferies to me, more energy and is a better rebounder. I don't like what im seeing from jeffries so far but i think he'll step it up.

Last edited by HaNdLe ThE RoCk : 01-28-2007 at 12:40 PM.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Knicks "Starting Lineup"

Nice move by Isiah moving Jeffries out of the starting lineup. I agree about bringing Lee and his energy off the bench. I wish we still could do that w/ Mikki Moore but w/ Nenad out is Jamal better coming off the bench like Ben Gordon or starting btw?
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My starting 5 would be.....

PG Marbs....He is our captain and best ball handler. So one else can say that.
SG Q...He is good defender on the wing as has a great inside-out game.
SF Balkman..I'm just high on his energy. he is a good defender, and he is
quicker than he looks. He usually looks for that dunk when available. A
double-double possible guy if he had the minutes.
PF Frye is kind soft to me, but as long as he attacks the rim I'm satified.
There is something wrong with his game though.
C Curry...What choice do we have?

7th Lee shouldn't not start. he is great in his role now. He be at the end of the bench with the jumping beans in the warmups. So need to interfere with that.
6th man ...Crawford. Just because he knows to come in and shoot and attack the rim. And do a little work with running the offense. He really has no pressure at all.

Jeffries has to earn his keep. I don't like him at all right now. He is just too "average".

Nate Robinson should have been sent to the D-League. Just for growing up and honing his skills. I agreed 100% with LB on that.

If Marbs is injured at any time, Collins should get run just because he can play d and has good ballhandling skills.

That's my rotation if I were the Coach.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
My starting 5 would be.....

PG Marbs....He is our captain and best ball handler. So one else can say that.
SG Q...He is good defender on the wing as has a great inside-out game.
SF Balkman..I'm just high on his energy. he is a good defender, and he is
quicker than he looks. He usually looks for that dunk when available. A
double-double possible guy if he had the minutes.
PF Frye is kind soft to me, but as long as he attacks the rim I'm satified.
There is something wrong with his game though.
C Curry...What choice do we have?

7th Lee shouldn't not start. he is great in his role now. He be at the end of the bench with the jumping beans in the warmups. So need to interfere with that.
6th man ...Crawford. Just because he knows to come in and shoot and attack the rim. And do a little work with running the offense. He really has no pressure at all.

Jeffries has to earn his keep. I don't like him at all right now. He is just too "average".

Nate Robinson should have been sent to the D-League. Just for growing up and honing his skills. I agreed 100% with LB on that.

If Marbs is injured at any time, Collins should get run just because he can play d and has good ballhandling skills.

That's my rotation if I were the Coach.

I like you lineup. Crawford and Lee off the bench we'd make for a decent 48 minute game. Jefferies if we need to foul somebody or just give a rest. He's become a terrible player.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Crawford numbers are better as a starter, i think our record might be better while he's a starter also. Let Balkman bring the Energy with Lee.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Crawford numbers are better as a starter, i think our record might be better while he's a starter also. Let Balkman bring the Energy with Lee.
i don't think I want a guy who shoots 40% from the field(this year and stats) starting. he is worse on 3's. He is better when he comes off the bench. At least off the bench if he is cold, he can go right back on it. If he starts and the other game was not an indicator of this, he usually has to find his shot(I believe he was either 0-4 or 1-4 before he started blazing). The wrong team would have mopped us on our floor, while we waited for him to get hot. We won that game because Marbs played stellar(13 assists, 1 turnover.)
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #7
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i like the startin lineup with marbury, crawford, q, frye and curry. i think thats the best starting lineup for us.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i like the startin lineup with marbury, crawford, q, frye and curry. i think thats the best starting lineup for us.

That's what i said.

The Reason we beat the Heat was because of jamal crawford. You can say we won because marbury had 13 assist and 1 turnover but jamal crawford is the reason we won the game and that's that.

Marbury did his job, 13 assist is pretty good but 52 points on 20-30 shooting and he made 16 consecutive shots?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:52 PM   #9
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

P.g. Stephon Marbury

S.g. Jamal Crawford

S.f. Quinton Richardson

P.f. Channing Frye

C. Eddy Curry

Good Lineup.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:21 PM   #10
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Channing Frye played so bad tonight, i don't even think he deserves to start anymore. I'd Take Balkman over Frye any day after that performance.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:57 PM   #11
ChanningShamgod
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ChanningShamgod has an OK reputation so far

PG - Marbury
SG - Richardson
SF - Balkman
PF - Lee
C - Curry

Lee and Balkman's "energy" off the bench hasn't helped our losing. Lee would rather start and he should, and it should be at the 4 since he's too slow for the 3. He and Balkman also rebound a ton so it would overcome Curry's poor rebounding. After that, you got Frye, Jeffries, and Crawford off the bench. You can't have Curry and Jeffries on the floor together because neither have an outside jumper and that allows the defense to crowd the basket. Nate Robinson is absolutely useless.
ChanningShamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: