Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
Umad101
Banned

Umad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default If there was every a time period in ur life that u were depressed, what age was it?

I'm 21 now and past few week I been depressed. I don't know why but as each day passes by I view my life so differently that i can't explain it. I'm afraid that I wont be able to succeed in life. I'm going to school and
I bust my ass everyday yet nothing is clicking. I make good grade from studying but I never retain the info later on, I'm so far away from accomplishing my goal(don't even know if this is really what I want to do, too late to turn back now) is not even funny. I'm afraid I'm going to end up as a failure compared to all my other peers who have or know what they want to do. Another thing is I'm depressed about is girls, **** man!!! Since 6th grade I have went a Muslim school up until graduation, and we have taught to not talk to girl cuz it will lead to sins(in our religion can't have sex till marriage). So basically I would never chill or hang with girl cuz I was not suppose to and also being that young getting girls was never my priority until going to college. I feel that since I never talked to girls when I was young I never devolved "game" or "relate" to girls and that's what's stoping me from talking to them. Also I don't really approach girl cuz of fear of rejection. I mean im a good looking guy(so I think), I hit the gym 5x a week, wear nice clothes, cut a hair cut every week yet I never really had a girl interested in me. I looked at hot girl everyday with below average guys and it kills me inside knowing I can't get even one girls affection. I'm afraid I'm going to die alone. Looking back few years I wouldn't never feel like this or think like this daily, but now as I'm about to turn 22 I'm really start questioning my life. I just reread my entire post and I feel like deleting this shit due to how beta and pathetic I sound. And the worst part is I really can't tell anyone of my friends or ppl I know this cuz it would make me sound such a pathetic loser, and also i was never known to express my emotions out like this. And that is why I came to ish to rant and get some support and advice. And share any concerns with things u have going on with ur like or past.

Rant/thread

Inb4 tl;dr
Umad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation
Default Re: If there was every a time period in ur life that u were depressed, what age was it?

What are you studying?

As far as girls, all you need is confidence. I was just like you 6-7 years ago.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board
Default Re: If there was every a time period in ur life that u were depressed, what age was it?

Assuming you're buff(since you work out 5x a week), you dress nice, and you look pretty good(no homo) it should be pretty easy for you to pull a girl. I've seen fat nerds with a face full of zits get girls.

Just don't give a fck anymore. If you see a girl you like, go for her.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
Umad101
Banned

Umad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
What are you studying?

As far as girls, all you need is confidence. I was just like you 6-7 years ago.
Pharmacy, I mean it sound interesting and the only reason I'm doing it cuz my first year of college I didn't know what to go for so my friend suggested pharmacy and I was "why not". Also the more I read online the more I realize the only money to be made is medical/engineering/ math field unless u were born into ur family business
Old 10-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
Umad101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
Assuming you're buff(since you work out 5x a week), you dress nice, and you look pretty good(no homo) it should be pretty easy for you to pull a girl. I've seen fat nerds with a face full of zits get girls.

Just don't give a fck anymore. If you see a girl you like, go for her.
But I fear for the rejection, I know it nothing but that shit would eat at me for week questing myself and shit.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They say a large proportion of men most commonly suffer some form of depression between ages 16-22.
Its nothing more than anxiety. In some peoples case its worse than others. Its no coincidence that the same age this depression commonly kicks in with men is about the same time responsibilities and 'becoming a man' comes into play.
I've gone through it myself. Weirdest thing about it was, I had a girlfriend at the time, I was doing well at university, I even had a part time job while studying that got me more than enough money to party and travel in the summer...

Just focus on what you have in front of you at the moment which will help you for the future. If and when you run into some problems, deal with it then, since you are doing everything now to prevent them.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
Umad101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
They say a large proportion of men most commonly suffer some form of depression between ages 16-22.
Its nothing more than anxiety. In some peoples case its worse than others. Its no coincidence that the same age this depression commonly kicks in with men is about the same time responsibilities and 'becoming a man' comes into play.
I've gone through it myself. Weirdest thing about it was, I had a girlfriend at the time, I was doing well at university, I even had a part time job while studying that got me more than enough money to party and travel in the summer...

Just focus on what you have in front of you at the moment which will help you for the future. If and when you run into some problems, deal with it then, since you are doing everything now to prevent them.
Thanks bro, but why were u depressed when everything was going great for u
Old 10-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umad101
But I fear for the rejection, I know it nothing but that shit would eat at me for week questing myself and shit.
Both of your problems go hand in hand. No one wants to be around someone who is depressed and bummy but if you start doing shit to boost yourself up, then being good with girls honestly becomes effortless. Just gotta do you, make a routine that puts you on a direction where you are feeling good about yourself. Hit the gym and pick up a sport, be more outgoing and unplug from the computer/tv, smoke a spliff and relax.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Quote:

Don't put yourself in a situation where you'll get dissed hard.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #10
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Seriously, in this world the men are the ones who's supposed to ask a female out. In very rare cases it happens that the female takes the first step but it's very unlikely.

If a rejection would hurt you so bad you need to work on your confidence, learn to not take it so personally.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Thanks bro, but why were u depressed when everything was going great for u

Anxiety to perform well, and continue to perform well.
But I was already studying lots, working hard, and treating people well. So what else is there that you can do? Nothing.
If I'm already doing everything I can to make what I want possible in the future, then I should stop worrying about not achieving it. There is nothing more I can do apart from work hard now.

Deal with your problems once they get there, since it seems like you're studying well and already making sure you become successful. You're doing everything to limit the possibility of problems in the future, so stop stressing I guess.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Pharmacy, I mean it sound interesting and the only reason I'm doing it cuz my first year of college I didn't know what to go for so my friend suggested pharmacy and I was "why not". Also the more I read online the more I realize the only money to be made is medical/engineering/ math field unless u were born into ur family business

Everything with women will be fine. Just don't let your state of mind effect your work. You can make money with Pharmacy, you just have to finish Pharmacy school with a good GPA. You are on a good path, one I wish I took, don't let anxiety of women knock you off it.

In about 6-7 years women there will be a class of women throwing themselves at you because you are decent looking and pulling good money. Remember that. But, don't fall for the first chick.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #13
asdf1990
College star

asdf1990 has no real reputation yet.

To ease of your anxiety on retaining information in pre-pharmacy, about 90% of that info is useless so it's better you don't retain it anyways. I am in pharmacy school and honestly pre pharmacy is pretty much useless besides some of gen and some of organic chemistry. Pretty much everything from pre pharmacy that's important is taught to you again in pharmacy school briefly and quickly. Just get a high GPA and good PCAT score so you can get into the pharmacy school of your choice.
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #14
Umad101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Both of your problems go hand in hand. No one wants to be around someone who is depressed and bummy but if you start doing shit to boost yourself up, then being good with girls honestly becomes effortless. Just gotta do you, make a routine that puts you on a direction where you are feeling good about yourself. Hit the gym and pick up a sport, be more outgoing and unplug from the computer/tv, smoke a spliff and relax.
Bro when I'm around ppl I'm never in a depressed mood just when I'm alone and thinking. And the past few months my life has been consistent mostly of school, work, gym and studying
Old 10-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Bro when I'm around ppl I'm never in a depressed mood just when I'm alone and thinking. And the past few months my life has been consistent mostly of school, work, gym and studying
then you got this homie, what you are going through is natural and it will inevitably sort itself out
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: