Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Let's discuss: What is your opinion on the drone attacks ?

I want to read your thoughts.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Let's discuss: What is your opinion on the drone attacks ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
I want to read your thoughts.

I'm in favor. We'd have higher casualty rates over there going after high value targets if we just used conventional means. Anything specific you want to talk about with them? Are you in favor or against?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pure evil.

I find it hard to believe we have the best interest in mind when we use a drone in a foreign land to kill some "terrorists". First of all the drones are striking in foreign lands(Pakistan, Yemen, etc) which can be viewed as invasion and where does the line stop? Second, the drones kill more civilians than it does terrorists which inversely makes the problem even worst in the long run. It creates resentment and justified anger towards the US which may = terrorism. If someone sees their village get shredded to pieces in order for 1-2 suspected terrorists to get eliminated don't you think he's going to hate the United States? Third, Are we going to send drones in every god damn country to kill suspected terrorists? When is our violent foreign policy going to end.. Our economy is in the shitter but yet we have money to create drones that bombs the shit out of countries? Soon enough we're going to be occupying the whole damn Middle East. Fourth, drones are eventually going to be used in the United States to fight domestic "terrorism" and to destroy our civil liberties.. Basically it needs to be stopped.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
Balla_Status

Balla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputation

They're ****ing bullshit and anyone that supports them are Obama nut huggers who would be railing Bush if he was doing them.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I'm in favor. We'd have higher casualty rates over there going after high value targets if we just used conventional means. Anything specific you want to talk about with them? Are you in favor or against?

Ahh. The threat of terrorism
Old 10-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
They're ****ing bullshit and anyone that supports them are Obama nut huggers who would be railing Bush if he was doing them.

Thats because those are the same people that think theres a choice between right and left.

There is zero choice. You don't have a say in American politics. Only an illusion of freedom. It's really frightening how many idiots there are in modern societies. The average person is a moron
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Ahh. The threat of terrorism

No that is real terrorism affecting our troops over there. When we pull out of that area I'll have a different take. We are killing people actively attacking us over there. You can sit back and shake your head and wring your hands all you want, but until your ass has been over day dealing with rocket and mortar fire I could care less at your face palm.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
Balla_Status

Balla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputation

Quote:
No that is real terrorism affecting our troops over there. When we pull out of that area I'll have a different take. We are killing people actively attacking us over there. You can sit back and shake your head and wring your hands all you want, but until your ass has been over day dealing with rocket and mortar fire I could care less at your face palm.

Where in the USA are we being attacked?
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #9
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Are you being dense on purpose? My support of drones is because we have people over there. The drone attacks have killed key leaders in the Taliban and AQ. While we have boots on the ground I will continue to be in favor of drones. I don't see why anyone would be against them with American's over there unless you're just an out and out pacifist. Those troops don't have a say on where they get sent too. While over there we should do what is needed to insure they get the best protection from the enemy.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #10
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

Any why do you think they are being dealing with rockets and mortar fire? It can't be because we are in some foreign country blowing them to pieces. If some country invaded the USA i'm sure the invaders would be receiving some rockets by US citizens or ''terrorists" .. It can't be because we have turned Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan into third world shitholes(maybe besides A-stan).. It can't be because some powerful men are reaping in some major money from our involvement in these foreign wars

I would never join the army because I'm not an idiot who thinks we are protecting our liberties by invading random countries so therefore I won't receive that threat
Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #11
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
They're ****ing bullshit

Why are they bullshit?
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #12
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:

Japan attacked us and then we dropped 2 atomic Bombs on them , and set up Our Military in their offshore while making sure to take away theirs(military)... they can no longer have a military....

IMO we need to do the same thing in the middle east/ Afghanistan....we need to make sure they never ever attack our soil again.

just because America enjoys it's quality of life .....doesn't mean it comes without a price.

we have to keep the "terrorists" at bay......

there is no right way in WAR...Kill or be killed.

and like someone else said...unless you served in combat....you have no right to speak....(or at least no right for anyone to take yo seriously)
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #13
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Any why do you think they are being dealing with rockets and mortar fire? It can't be because we are in some foreign country blowing them to pieces. If some country invaded the USA i'm sure the invaders would be receiving some rockets by US citizens or ''terrorists" .. It can't be because we have turned Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan into third world shitholes(maybe besides A-stan).. It can't be because some powerful men are reaping in some major money from our involvement in these foreign wars

I would never join the army because I'm not an idiot who thinks we are protecting our liberties by invading random countries so therefore I won't receive that threat

B!tchmove...you should serve your country outta respect for those who have died ...

then again...you sound like a whiny B1tch....so stay away with your stupid view.

you wouldn't be a good patriot.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #14
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

MavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation here

Against drone strikes, specifically how they are being carried out. Specifically signature strikes, where CIA officers fire on suspious patterns of behavior rather than known targets and double tap strikes.

Signature strikes are basically firing missiles at a target often identified through the camera of a drone. A CIA officer sitting in a room often halfway around the world, looks at movement on the ground, if he finds the behavior of people suspious and consistent with precieved patterns of enemies, he is authorized to launch hellfire missiles at them. He has no context, and can easily mistake mundane objects for weapons like AK47s.

Double taps are even harder to understand, after firing a missile, we wait for first responders to come to the aid of people injured by the initial strike. We then assume any people that go help are part of the enemy and launch a second hellfire strike. Double taps assume that all people that go help are guilty. Similar logic causes us to target the funerals of our targets.

Eric holder's insistence that due process is not the same as judicial process is perhaps the most concerning part of the use of drones. As an American citizen I expect that if I'm to be placed on a kill list it should be done with the approval of a judicial authority at the very least. Holder argued that discussions of whether a citizen was guilty or not by generals and administration officials satisfied the due process required in the constitution. It sad as a constitutional law professor Obama hasn't removed Holder yet. We all learn in highschool civics that due process and judicial process is one and the same.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #15
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
Japan attacked us and then we dropped 2 atomic Bombs on them , and set up Our Military in their offshore while making sure to take away theirs(military)... they can no longer have a military....

IMO we need to do the same thing in the middle east/ Afghanistan....we need to make sure they never ever attack our soil again.

just because America enjoys it's quality of life .....doesn't mean it comes without a price.

we have to keep the "terrorists" at bay......

there is no right way in WAR...Kill or be killed.

and like someone else said...unless you served in combat....you have no right to speak....(or at least no right for anyone to take yo seriously)

Do you have any common sense? Do you let CNN and Fox News think for you?

Go get the real facts and learn what's really happening.. I can't debate with someone who is brainwashed by the propaganda machine.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: