Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Did bynum ever get this many lop/dunks in a game as Dwight?

Even for a preseason game you can already tell the potential.

Even on Bynum's best games.. have you ever see this many converted alley-oops?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1X_d...layer_embedded

edit: not intended as a bynum-hate/criticism thread.. i'm just wondering if anybody really thinks bynum is better than Dwight.

Last edited by BlueandGold : 10-22-2012 at 03:35 PM.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Did bynum ever get this many lop/dunks in a game as Dwight?

Does it matter?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

dwight has to be the best at catchin and dunking lobs
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Does it matter?
yea it does. showtime doggy, that shit gets the crowd hype

and wtf is a lop
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Yes he did, but he won't get them as consistently as Dwight has in years past/this year.

Lakers can afford to throw the ball higher in any direction of the hoop because of Dwight's leaping reach being the highest in the NBA, or least has been for the last 5 years. Probably will continue to be the case, barring injury, until he's 30.

By the way, using one game to compare to Bynum's entire career as a Laker is pretty much a fail.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Does it matter?

Post/paint production from your starting center doesn't matter?

i'm just wondering if anybody really thinks bynum is better than dwight.. 1 preseason game in and i can already tell the difference.

BTW like i said in my edited OP.. just trying to compare the two recent all-star Laker centers, not trying to intentionally hate on Bynum

Quote:
Yes he did, but he won't get them as consistently as Dwight has in years past/this year.

Lakers can afford to throw the ball higher in any direction of the hoop because of Dwight's leaping reach being the highest in the NBA, or least has been for the last 5 years. Probably will continue to be the case, barring injury, until he's 30.

By the way, using one game to compare to Bynum's entire career as a Laker is pretty much a fail.

Forget to read the OP again? I'm comparing individual games. As far as careers go though Dwight even through his first 5 seasons has done exponentially more than Bynum has his entire career. Dwight's back surgery was literally his first invasive surgery he's had his entire career while Bynum already has a lengthy history of knee problems.

Not sure what your trying to say but if i wanted to compare careers I have much more resounding evidence at my disposal.. maybe that's how short-sighted your mind operates though. Please read op next time or will just continue to dismiss as garbage poster.

Last edited by BlueandGold : 10-22-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just check points in the paint for the two then get back to me. Dwight catches lob because he is more athletic than Bynum. Real simple. 1 + 1 = 2.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
Post/paint production from your starting center doesn't matter?

i'm just wondering if anybody really thinks bynum is better than dwight.. 1 preseason game in and i can already tell the difference.

BTW like i said in my edited OP.. just trying to compare the two recent all-star Laker centers, not trying to intentionally hate on Bynum

Forget to read the OP again? I'm comparing individual games. As far as careers go though Dwight even through his first 5 seasons has done exponentially more than Bynum has his entire career. Dwight's back surgery was literally his first invasive surgery he's had his entire career while Bynum already has a lengthy history of knee problems.

Not sure what your trying to say but if i wanted to compare careers I have much more resounding evidence at my disposal.. maybe that's how short-sighted your mind operates though. Please read op next time or will just continue to dismiss as garbage poster.

You use one lousy pre-season game against the Kings and use it to measure the disparity between Bynum and Howard in that regard, and you call me short-sighted?

At the All-Star break last season, the Lakers led the NBA in alley-oops, which I recall getting much attention as their inner city rivals were the ones labeled "Lob City"

But that doesn't fit your agenda, so guess it's cool to leave out, right?

Look, Dwight is better than Bynum. Bynum is more skilled offensively, but Dwight is more productive offensively particularly as the focal point of teams' defenses, and way, way, way more impactful defensively, especially in the Lakers number 1 weakness: pick and roll defense.

With that said, you making this thread is unnecessary, and could have easily be posted in the Game Thread. Counting the dunks Dwight has in a preseason game is assinine. Now, if you want to discuss the dynamic effects behind the ability of the Lakers to keep interior defenders unbalanced because of that likely threat, that is completely different and much more thread worthy.

This shit though?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected poster

Bynum can't jump.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

Thanks for the neg BlueandGold
Old 10-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Thanks for the neg BlueandGold
Bro i'm not trying to measure anything i just wanted to see how many people thought Bynum got as many alley-hops as compared to Dwight.

Why do you always make up all of these intentions that you think i have that come out of nowhere? Who ever said comparing one preseason game to entire careers? I'm trying to see what type of initial reaction most fans have to seeing dwight out there as compared to bynum. Why is everything so negative with you? Not everybody on here has some twisted agenda.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Without even looking at this game, just from past seasons, it's obvious that they have different style of plays.

Dwight is more athletic, he either goes for a powermove, or gets a lot of lobs. It is an advantage because he can get up so high and knows how to create space for himself.

Bynum with the same teammates will probably not get as much lobs, because he scores in a different way. He can play back to the basket, use post moves more often, as they are more reliable to him than Dwight.

Basically just different styles.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Laker haters tears,.. Delicious

Bynum was a lazy piece of shit, dwight is a huge upgrade
coin24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #14
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
Bro i'm not trying to measure anything i just wanted to see how many people thought Bynum got as many alley-hops as compared to Dwight.

Why do you always make up all of these intentions that you think i have that come out of nowhere? Who ever said comparing one preseason game to entire careers? I'm trying to see what type of initial reaction most fans have to seeing dwight out there as compared to bynum. Why is everything so negative with you? Not everybody on here has some twisted agenda.

I'm a negative poster now? That's news to me. I just like keeping em honest.

Come now, cut the act. You were trying to see people come in here calling Dwight the supreme player of the two, and using the lob attribute as the bridge to those ends. As evident in the wording of your op.

Like I said, using this pre-season game to compare is fail-esque. Why not statistics or even footage from last year if your honest point is to compare each individual's capabilities in regards to rising for and completing a lob?

And then being a baby about my assessment of your post and negging me under the pretense of "still a ******" Yea, really shows you are a sensible poster
Old 10-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
M.Bustly15A5RU8
High School Varsity 12th Man

M.Bustly15A5RU8 is considered somewhat coolM.Bustly15A5RU8 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Laker haters tears,.. Delicious

Bynum was a lazy piece of shit, dwight is a huge upgrade

That lazy piece of shit is the 2nd best center in the league.
M.Bustly15A5RU8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: