Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
28renyoy
Banned

28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

I can't believe it happened. Despite Kobe having never been the most clutch player, despite being referenced as it for virtually his entire career, the coaches/casual fans have finally come to realize that he has been "surpassed"

The beginning of the end for the Kobe legend
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

Has more to do with the amount of game winners had Durant last year...Not what Kobe didn't do.

Last edited by All Net : 10-22-2012 at 08:31 PM.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA GM survey: Durant has surpassed Kobe as the most clutch player in the NBA

And the Durant legend/hype begins.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
LA Lakers
High school junior varsity star

LA Lakers has no real reputation yet.

First of all, what beginning of the end? Hes already solidied himself a legend of the game.
Second, besides Durant or The Truth, what other player would you want taking the last shot? Ill give you some help, his name is Kobe Bean Bryant.
LA Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
28renyoy
Banned

28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Lakers
First of all, what beginning of the end? Hes already solidied himself a legend of the game.
Second, besides Durant or The Truth, what other player would you want taking the last shot? Ill give you some help, his name is Kobe Bean Bryant.

Pierce is terrible in crunch time, his numbers are garbage

And it probably has more to do with the fact that Durant had an ungodly 51.4 eFG% in the final 5 minutes of games on shots to take the lead or when his team was only up be 3 or less
Old 10-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

When talking about "Who would you give the ball for the last shot" you want to give the ball to the most accurate shooter who can create his own shot (not a must either), that is somebody like Kevin Durant......... Kobe Bryant? Hell no... i dont understand how NBA fans (or Coaches) are thinking... seriously dont... Kobe is kindof overrated that way, he hasnt been more clutch efficient/accurate than Durant or Lebron (and a couple of others).... Lebron for example has hit almost just as many gamewinners as Kobe has in the playoffs, but with much higher percentage aswell, yet you dont see him anywhere on these "Last shot / clutch" GM surveys....

I fully understand if Kevin Durant is at the top, but Kobe... i dont... especially not TODAY / previous season... where Durant, Lebron (and a couple of others) have made much more noise in the clutch, especially in the playoffs...

I mean go to www.nba.com and see that poll "Mr Clutch? - Which player would you want taking the shot with a game on the line?"

Kobe is leading with 14 k votes
Durant is 2nd with 9 k votes

That is just silly...

Last edited by pauk : 10-22-2012 at 08:50 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Anyone have a link to all these voting results?
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
lakerspng
National High School Star

lakerspng is considered somewhat coollakerspng is considered somewhat cool

pretty simple. last year in the playoffs, Durant hit a game winner over the lakers, where in the same game Kobe and the rest of the team choked away a easy win. Kobe had a terrible time closing games down the stretch last year. Durant on the other hand was on fire down the stretch in tight games. no a surprise.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
LA Lakers

Im not really a stats nazi. You could show me Pierces or Kobes crunch time numbers and I really could give a ****. I watch games. 3 guys I want with the ball taking the last shot: Durant, Kobe and Pierce. I think Scotty Brooks, Doc and Mike Brown would agree.
Also, @ Pauk, I wasnt aware Kobe Bryant doesnt have the ability to create his own shot...? Please explain?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Anyone have a link to all these voting results?

In the GM survey thread i posted.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Boston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat cool

Durant, Melo, Ray, pierce, Kobe, Dirk are guys I want takin the last shot...for me the top 2 at this point I would say are Durant and melo though... pierce the last few yrs hasnt been great in last second shot situations but hes still the truth and he showed why with a couple big time shots in the playoffs this yr
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #12
LA Lakers

Good call on Carmelo and Dirk
Old 10-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #13
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
I can't believe it happened. Despite Kobe having never been the most clutch player, despite being referenced as it for virtually his entire career, the coaches/casual fans have finally come to realize that he has been "surpassed"

The beginning of the end for the Kobe legend

It's well deserved, but what's with this boards obsession with Kobe? You know you're still the man when other player's accolades can't be a appreciated with bringing Mr. Bryant up.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
28renyoy
Banned

FWIW career FG% on gamewinners in the playoffs

LeBron 33.33%
Kobe 26.8%
Durant 42.9%
Dirk 37.5%
Melo 25%
Pierce 22.2%

Last edited by 28renyoy : 10-22-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Apparently not according to fans as you can see in the current poll at nba.com:

At this day and age if you would rather give it to Kobe to shoot for the last shot instead of Durant, then why? Anybody? Even ripthekik.. i am simply just trying to understand, thats all... i am trying but i just cant see the reason & logic in it, Durant is a better shooter (and at 6'10) dont you agree and Durant is a more productive scorer today dont you agree and Durant has been better in the clutch the last season dont you agree?
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: