Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default LOL Preseason: Warriors @ Clippers 10/22/2012

Question of the game: At what point do the Warriors puss out and start hacking DJ?
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: LOL Preseason: Warriors @ Clippers 10/22/2012

They usually start in 2nd quarter so that'sy prediction.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Since when is that pussing out? This isn't AND1 it's called strategy. Last time I checked the coach for the Spurs has done that a few times, heard he was pretty decent.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Question of the game: At what point do the Warriors puss out and start hacking DJ?

Maybe he should learn how to shoot FT's. Problem solved.

Also, lol preseason. I was flicking through the channels before and I came across a Raptors vs Bucks game. I would rather watch the WNBA finals. And I'd rather watch paint dry than watch the WNBA Finals, so...

Last edited by Heavincent : 10-22-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Since when is that pussing out? This isn't AND1 it's called strategy. Last time I checked the coach for the Spurs has done that a few times, heard he was pretty decent.

It's pussing out when you start it early 2nd quarter in close games. Effective but definitely pussing out. If Jackson made them a great defense like he was supposed to they wouldn't need hack a shaq.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
It's pussing out when you start it early 2nd quarter in close games. Effective but definitely pussing out. If Jackson made them a great defense like he was supposed to they wouldn't need hack a shaq.

I don't consider it pussing out. I consider it exposing a fundamental flaw in a player's game.

DJ only has himself to blame.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
It's pussing out when you start it early 2nd quarter in close games. Effective but definitely pussing out.

lol maybe when you're rocking a pickup game with some buddies. This is the NBA. If you can't shoot free throws and a coach feels like he can benefit from it than it's hardly "pussing out". It's not like it's the players doing it, it's the coach. It's called strategy.

Clippers should be the last one's complaining about pussing out too. You have Princess Paul and Blake who flop their way to the free throw line all night.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
lol maybe when you're rocking a pickup game with some buddies. This is the NBA. If you can't shoot free throws and a coach feels like he can benefit from it than it's hardly "pussing out". It's not like it's the players doing it, it's the coach. It's called strategy.

Clippers should be the last one's complaining about pussing out too. You have Princess Paul and Blake who flop their way to the free throw line all night.

Why are we talking about flops? I'm disagreeing with you about hack a shaq. Certain scenarios like ones GS uses it in are pretty chicken shit. It's flat out admitting you can.t guard a team straight up and won't try, which is totally *****.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
Clippersfan86
Banned

Better question is will refs finally reward CP3 for knowing the rulebook like the back of his hand and firing up shots right before the hack? Rule book should be awarding CP3 free throws everytime yet refs only gave them once. CP3 will shoot those free throw

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 10-22-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's "pussing out" because it's stopping the flow of a game because you're unable to compete as players with someone on the opposing team. I get that it's strategy, and I know that DJ and Blake need to make their free throws. I hate it because I watch games for entertainment and this shit is not entertaining. I'm not debating how effective it is in a game. I just fvcking hate seeing it in a game because it's BORING. I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #11
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

I agree, nobody likes watching that crap. But blame DJ and Blake for being shitty FT shooters.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I agree, nobody likes watching that crap. But blame DJ and Blake for being shitty FT shooters.

I'll also be blaming Dwight when his shitty FT% loses some games this season.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #13
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Eh, coaches don't give a shit if it's boring or not. Winning gets you fans.

Double standard... sure. Pop does it and he's brilliant. Mark Jackson does it and I hope someone rips his balls off. And I don't care because I hate Jackson and he's a terrible ****ing coach.

Not really on topic. Just felt like saying that. **** you, Mark Jackson.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #14
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Speaking of Howard, I remember watching a game last year when GS did the hack-a-Howard thing and he literally shot 39 FT's. It was a snooze fest of a game. So there might be some really boring Laker games this year.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #15
Clippersfan86
Banned

Lmao Story. Wow DJ again with hook shot off spin to open game. When will Vinny learn... Willie has proven he's trash, start Bledsoe!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: