Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool
Default How Do You Get Fit?

How do you guys get fit?

I swim 3-4 times a week and play basketball once a week. Im looking for other ways of getting fit and burning some fat. I tryed running but I prefer swimming.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How Do You Get Fit?

bball 2-3 times a week, when i'm sitting around at home watching TV i'll grab my weights do some crunches and pushups usually 4-5 days a week and vigorous sex/*********ion
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Cool Re: How Do You Get Fit?

I stay fit so I don't have to get fit.
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I play Basketball 2x per week and Tennis 2x per week

I also have a routine that I do 5 days out of seven which includes:

-Wide grip pull-ups and close grip chin-ups
-various styles of pushups
-Plank, crunches, leg-lifts
-Squats, and "bridge" (bridge is great for hammys)

-no weights or machines used.

-Hand gripper (captain of crunch), Chinese balls, and heavy-duty rubber bands for hands/forearms.

-Lots of sex ;-)

I also eat as healthy as possible, avoid bread and dairy, and drink tons of water.

@ OP, you can do cardio every day until you pass out, but until you change your diet and add in strength training you will never lose weight or burn fat.

Last edited by FatComputerNerd : 10-24-2012 at 09:06 AM.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd

I also have a daily routine that I do 5 days out of seven which includes:

-Pullups and chinups

-Hand gripper (captain of crunch), Chinese balls, and heavy-duty rubber bands for hands/forearms.

-Lots of sex ;-)

I also eat as healthy as possible, avoid bread and dairy, and drink tons of water.
But you're a FatComputerNerd
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
But you're a FatComputerNerd

sarcasms =p

I'm about 5'8 and 145-150

I am a computer nerd though!~
Old 10-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:

I also have a routine that I do 5 days out of seven which includes:

-Wide grip pull-ups and close grip chin-ups

-Lots of sex ;-)

@ OP, you can do cardio every day until you pass out, but until you change your diet and add in strength training you will never lose weight or burn fat.

Do you by any chance also go to the DragonDoor forums (not that I'm a member there. Just a lurker )
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The fall/holidays is the off season, where I dont really sweat what I eat (within reason). As soon as the clock strikes 12 on New Year's Eve, I throw the switch. Strict diet and lots of cardio to compliment my weight training, and the pounds come off.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Do you by any chance also go to the DragonDoor forums (not that I'm a member there. Just a lurker )

Can't say that I do. I don't even know what DragonDoor is.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

Quote:

Truth. It is amazing how many overwieght people that you see out jogging, day after day. It don't work.

Eat less and get your metabolism hammering by lifting big wieghts.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #11
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

exercise/diet/rest

in equal amounts, don't neglect any part.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #12
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

www.bodyrock.tv and I try to watch what I eat. I usually try to eat 4-6 times snacks a day to keep my muscles into going into starving mode. Once they do that, you start breaking down muscle as well as fat, which most people don't want.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #13
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All these activities are now a part of my regular routine

Basketball 3x a week (weekend leagues)
Weight training 4x a week (I cycle everyday to the gym a downhill about 2 KM, uphill back)
Rotation weekly on Sundays from Raquetball, tennis, badminton, downhill mountain, and trail riding

If I'm on the road it's strictly weight
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: