Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 01-29-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
JMEWLS

Default We need a GREAT scorer!

Orlando has no go-to man! and its really been hurting us lately... I think we really need to look out for a consistent scorer. Grant Hill is great trading bait right now for other teams looking for Cap Relief, maybe try trading him before the deadline.

Also there's the offseason, with grants contract expiring we will be one a the teams with the most cap space.

I mentioned earlier jarvis hayes, his still young and is over-shadowed because of the scoring abilities of Arenas, Butler and Jamison. He would really benefit from a team like the magic in desperate need for a scorer, he would be a really nice 3rd option for the team (behind dwight).

Gerald Wallace anyone? What a great defensive player that can also score, maybe shifting him to shooting guard would be an option and starting Ariza at SF. He's a pretty decent scorer and is still very young, with wallace and ariza at both SG and SF, plus dwight at Centre what a great defensive team.

Im pretty sure andres nocioni is also going to be a free agent at the end of the season, why not give him a go? One of the most purest shooters going around, great perimeter game (which where lacking) and would be a great 3rd or 2nd option along with dwight.

But that leads us to the 1st option, i see many rumours of vince coming to orlando next season, should we sign him? will he bring the vinsanity to orlando? If he plays like he does in New Jersey here, it could turn us into a EC playoff contender.

Also, im not 100% sure about this but isnt Rashard Lewis's contract expiring this season too? Why not try our luck with Rashard, he's still fairly young and has a nice all-around shooting game, and what a great 1st option he would be.. Stretching the defense to the 3point line, driving to the whole, shooting the mid range. It would be a great pickup for the team.

All these players would be great additions to the team, and if the chemistry is there. Also with the improvements of Jameer Nelson, adapting to the PG spot and Dwight and Darko developing a more consistent defensive game, they could definitely be a EC contender..

Feel free to add to the list, and share thoughts..

Last edited by JMEWLS : 01-29-2007 at 06:50 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
JMEWLS

Default Re: We need a GREAT scorer!

COME ON! i wanna hear your thoughts
Old 01-29-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
COME ON! i wanna hear your thoughts

You started this thread mentioning a great scrorer and then listed guys who are at the very best good. Nocioni, Wallace, Hayes are not great. Hopefully they can make a move on VC in the off-season and keep Grant too. I'm not totally sold on Vince giving his all but he will be the best player available scorer-wise this off-season. The only way I would want them to trade Grant is if they can get Ray Allen. The Magic need a pure shooter to spread the floor and hurt team that collapse around Dwight. and JJ Redick "ain't" him.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #4
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by det2orl
You started this thread mentioning a great scrorer and then listed guys who are at the very best good. Nocioni, Wallace, Hayes are not great. Hopefully they can make a move on VC in the off-season and keep Grant too. I'm not totally sold on Vince giving his all but he will be the best player available scorer-wise this off-season. The only way I would want them to trade Grant is if they can get Ray Allen. The Magic need a pure shooter to spread the floor and hurt team that collapse around Dwight. and JJ Redick "ain't" him.

Wallace, i wouldnt call a GREAT scorer either, but he would be a great fit in orlando.. With gerald and ariza on the wing, we would have a great athletic duo at SG and SF. As for nocioni and hayes, theyre both 3 or 4th options in the team. Hayes is still very young and i think he has a pure shot, and i think just give him the minutes and the opportunity, he will be a nice thread from mid range and beyond the ark. As for Nocioni, i think he's one of the most fluent shooters in the league, i know if he gets given shots he will also be a big threat.

I think rashard would probably be the best fit for this team though, still young, great all-round shooter and can play decent defense..
Old 01-30-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
JMEWLS

Jason Richardson anyone?
Why not go after him, warriors have clearly said they have no more use for him. They want to trade, he's a great scorer and would get heaps of minutes and shots in orlando. Would you go after him?
Old 01-31-2007, 05:02 AM   #6
P-Forty21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
Jason Richardson anyone?
Why not go after him, warriors have clearly said they have no more use for him. They want to trade, he's a great scorer and would get heaps of minutes and shots in orlando. Would you go after him?

Nelson wants to keep j-rich...He is the key for the warriors to make the playoffs...when he comes back expect the warriors to go on a run...

Magic should go for Jason Terry...
Old 01-31-2007, 05:06 AM   #7
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Forty21
Nelson wants to keep j-rich...He is the key for the warriors to make the playoffs...when he comes back expect the warriors to go on a run...

Magic should go for Jason Terry...
Jason Terry, i dont really like the idea of putting him at shooting guard, and there is no way we are going to replace him with Jameer at point guard. We need to give Jameer good minutes so he can flourish into a more better PG, because right now he's taking to many shots, these shots should be dwights.

Also when did Nelson say they want too keep Jrich?
Old 01-31-2007, 05:13 AM   #8
P-Forty21

he was getting interviewed and they asked him about trading j-rich and he said he hasnt ever seen the real jrich and he sed when he comes back the warriors will make a run
Old 01-31-2007, 05:16 AM   #9
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Forty21
he was getting interviewed and they asked him about trading j-rich and he said he hasnt ever seen the real jrich and he sed when he comes back the warriors will make a run
hmm interesting, a few weeks back i heard pretty strong rumors of Jrich's future with the warriors would be cut short.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #10
dsparksd49353
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dsparksd49353 has an OK reputation so far

i wouldnt want nocioni, wallace, or hayes. As i mentioned in another post tho ray allen would make this one of the top teams in the east. the deal would be ray allen and a second round pick for darko, g hill, and probably james augistine, travis diener or pat garrity. i would hate to see darko go, but we have alot of cap room and he will be a restricted free agent after the season so we could make him an offer. Hill also would be a free agent and he is on record as saying how much he likes orladno.

as for vince carter probably the same deal would apply. i heard he has a home in orlando and is there frequently, but i dont like him and never have so he can stay in jersey hahh.
dsparksd49353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #11
JMEWLS

there is no way that your trade for Ray Allen would work, its over the cap limit. Also i dont really like the idea of ray allen coming to O-town, he's getting old, and right now our team is full of youth. I say prepare for the future and go young, and maybe have like one decent veteran to lead the team.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:05 AM   #12
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

JJ Reddick anyone?
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:18 AM   #13
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
JJ Reddick anyone?
He isnt our guy, he's under sized for a shooting guard. We need someone who can really score the ball, from all parts of the court, also i think he really needs to be nice and athletic, JJ isnt our man. He's a great shooter dont get me wrong, but i just cant see him being anything else.

Someone like Gerald Wallace, he's got a great game and would be a great fit in orlando. Have you seen his play lately, he's been nothing short from amazing. Someone like gerald would be the bomb.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #14
dsparksd49353
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dsparksd49353 has an OK reputation so far

yea i wasnt sure the exact numbers in the ray allen deal i know he has a max deal that he signed last summer and hill does too. i just think we need an athletic shooter not a spot shooter like jj reddik. i would love to see the bucks trade michael redd our way, but thats a dream. he's young and has alota good years left. guess rashard lewis is our best bet.
dsparksd49353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:36 AM   #15
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsparksd49353
yea i wasnt sure the exact numbers in the ray allen deal i know he has a max deal that he signed last summer and hill does too. i just think we need an athletic shooter not a spot shooter like jj reddik. i would love to see the bucks trade michael redd our way, but thats a dream. he's young and has alota good years left. guess rashard lewis is our best bet.
im hoping we'll land rashard too.. But what about gerald wallace, he's still young really athletic and can shoot from everywhere on the court. Also he's a very nice defensive player.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: