Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
EnoughSaid
DYNASTY

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board
Default NEW Android OS User! Please help me out!

So just got my Samsung Galaxy S3 in the mail today, and I hooked it up and all. Can you guys help me out in terms of:

- Best places to download HD wallpapers/photos?

- Cool apps I might find handy

- Nifty things I could change around in the settings

- Just other stuff that's helpful and interesting.

Thanks in advance guys!
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: NEW Android OS User! Please help me out!

What happened to you spreading your butt cheeks for Apple while spamming about how you're brother would buy you the iPhone 5?
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat cool

Regarding cool apps, check out "Dood's music player".
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
So just got my Samsung Galaxy S3 in the mail today, and I hooked it up and all. Can you guys help me out in terms of:

Thanks in advance guys!
I am not trying to be an ass, but educate yourself. When I get a new phone I always go onto XDA and just read-read-read...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1708
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

Thanks in advance guys!

the play store has everything you need, most of it is free or really cheap.

the sgs3 straight out of the box should be fine.

as for apps, man there are so many i wouldn't even know where to begin, really depends on what you are looking for. check sites like this http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393097,00.asp
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My wife is due for a new phone in April. Do you guys think I should get her an S3 or hold out for S4?
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
My wife is due for a new phone in April. Do you guys think I should get her an S3 or hold out for S4?
What carrier?
Old 10-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Personally, I had almost all UIs. In this case it's Samsung's TouchWiz. First thing I would do is root and if i'm able to, install a AOSP rom to give me a Pure Google experience. When you do that the phone will run as smooth and efficient as possible.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has decent reputation

wallpapers just search online.
for apps.. wow.. i dont even know where to start.
just go mess around with it for a while first.. go to the market and look at the top downloaded and try.

if u are looking for any specific type of app, then come back here n ask and i can tell you.

veteran android user
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
falc39
Good High School Starter

falc39 has decent reputation

Take a look at the "galaxy pack" live wallpaper app, especially if you like astronomy and stuff... sickest looking live wallpaper. so gorgeous. running it right now
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it will blend
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #12
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I am not trying to be an ass, but educate yourself. When I get a new phone I always go onto XDA and just read-read-read...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1708

Pretty much this. Everything I've ever needed to find, I always found on XDA. Which is weird since most of it was searched through Google.

Great site.

Oh, and you should consider rooting your phone. The advantages afterwards is what really separates the S3 from the competition.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #13
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
What carrier?
Verizon.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: