Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default panic attacks

holy crap! woke up outta my sleep yesterday afternoon (i work nights) and had a full blown panic attack. felt like i couldn't breath and was gonna pass out. i started shaking really bad and couldn't focus on anything. took one of my wife's anxiety pills and it knocked me the hell out. i guess it's doctor time now.

i had other ones before but they only lasted around a minute or so.

anyone else have a panic attack before?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: panic attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
holy crap! woke up outta my sleep yesterday afternoon (i work nights) and had a full blown panic attack. felt like i couldn't breath and was gonna pass out. i started shaking really bad and couldn't focus on anything. took one of my wife's anxiety pills and it knocked me the hell out. i guess it's doctor time now.

Out of nowhere? Maybe stress? I cant imagine happening this to me. I havent heard anyone in Lithuania had this...
Get well.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1st World Problems

Seriously you're doing the right thing by seeing a doctor as there could be an underlying medical issue. Best of luck.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There was a thread a month or so ago about this sort of stuff.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=278247

Hope you feel better soon, dude.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Tony Soprano used to get them.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

thanks for all the kind words, fellas.

weird thing is, i wasn't feeling stressed out at all. strangest feeling i ever had, really scary. i've also been waking up from my sleep with the feeling that i can't breath. i'm really needing to lose weight.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

weird thing is, i wasn't feeling stressed out at all. strangest feeling i ever had, really scary. i've also been waking up from my sleep with the feeling that i can't breath. i'm really needing to lose weight.

It might be as simple as not getting enough quality sleep, as happens with sleep apnea.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
derb2k2
Bandwagoner

derb2k2 is considered somewhat coolderb2k2 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

exercise a lot. Best thing you can do is go jogging at the park. Trust me dude, the fresh scenery and air will animate you and make you forget about lots of stuff. I went through hell with anxiety, even ended up in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. I could write a book about it, but just know that being mentally strong and exercising will go a long way. I suffered with it for 3 long years but after the first, i started distance running and today I'm practically anxiety-free. I don't think your case is severe like mines was. I had to deal with it every second of everyday until i fell asleep. If you want to talk just pm me as I have lots more to say but don't want to make my post un-readable.
derb2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't give you any advice but I can relate to you, not sure If that helps but hopefully it makes you feel better.

I was in health class in college and they were showing a video explaining everything about the ***** and balls and they were showing discusting images and cutting a dead guys balls open and stuff. Everyone in the class was cool for some reason but I flipped out I can't handle this type of stuff... I grabbed by shlong in fear and turned away but I had the professor demanding we pay attention. Every glance got me even more nauseated. On top of that I was having real deep thoughts about life prior to watching the video. I got up went outside and started to get realy dizzy and felt myself losing balance. I started screaming ahhhhhhhh ahhhhh I didn't know what was going on. I fell to the floor and peopl came to assist me they gave me water and I felt better. Funny and scary but true.
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
It might be as simple as not getting enough quality sleep, as happens with sleep apnea.
i definitely don't get enough sleep. i don't know how anyone can expect to get a good sleep working 12hr shifts and having kids.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by derb2k2
exercise a lot. Best thing you can do is go jogging at the park. Trust me dude, the fresh scenery and air will animate you and make you forget about lots of stuff. I went through hell with anxiety, even ended up in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. I could write a book about it, but just know that being mentally strong and exercising will go a long way. I suffered with it for 3 long years but after the first, i started distance running and today I'm practically anxiety-free. I don't think your case is severe like mines was. I had to deal with it every second of everyday until i fell asleep. If you want to talk just pm me as I have lots more to say but don't want to make my post un-readable.
yes, i need to exercise. thing is i'm on my feet all 12 hr. shift long at work and having no arch to them makes it painful to run. i'm checking into getting a treadmill though.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i definitely don't get enough sleep. i don't know how anyone can expect to get a good sleep working 12hr shifts and having kids.
You can't bro. I've tried and failed, figure they'll be in college before a good nights sleep is something I can look forward to again. But like you said, maybe a trip to the doctor is in order, let him check under the hood, kick the tires, yank your dipstick try and keep a sense of humor about it all, that goes a long ways to make tough times less stressful
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: