Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default I'm a little nervous about the next 4 years

Even more than when Obama first won in 2008, it seems white people have come out more openly in a racist manner. I knew there would be these reactions, but i didn't expect on this level. People are legit pissed off like they want to do something militant about it.

You guys think its just another case of premature reactions by people or do you expect to see a rise in race related crimes?
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: I'm a little nervous about the next 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Even more than when Obama first won in 2008, it seems white people have come out more openly in a racist manner. I knew there would be these reactions, but i didn't expect on this level. People are legit pissed off like they want to do something militant about it.

You guys think its just another case of premature reactions by people or do you expect to see a rise in race related crimes?

Or maybe people just don't like him, or his policies? But no, it just MUST be racism, because he's black.

I'm surprised more whites weren't been killed during Bush's term..
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
Or maybe people just don't like him, or his policies? But no, it just MUST be racism, because he's black.

Well its hard not to think its racism when their comments are filled with racist terms.

Not to mention, you can't have voted for Romney, yet be upset when Obama wins if its all based on policy. There wouldn't have been that great a difference between the two. So when people, non-rich people, are in an uproar over Obama winning, its not hard to deduce the reasoning behind it.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Well its hard not to think its racism when their comments are filled with racist terms.

Not to mention, you can't have voted for Romney, yet be upset when Obama wins if its all based on policy. There wouldn't have been that great a difference between the two. So when people, non-rich people, are in an uproar over Obama winning, its not hard to deduce the reasoning behind it.

It's not? That's laughable to say the least. So you are saying that I should be happy because there is a black president that I strongly disagree with the policies of? I guess there is more. I hate his lies. Is that enough? I hate his attitude. I hate the way he acts as if nothing is wrong in the country. And now, thanks to him, there is something wrong.

Should I not feel any anger if someone who is a proven liar has been reelected? Should I not feel anger if the person elected used his presidential powers to rummage for votes?

Why should I feel happy for someone I hate? I hate Clinton (both of them). Is that racist too? Or does he also follow the same path that Obama does, being a liar?

What about Kennedy? Should I be a racist for hating him? Carter? Roosevelt?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am hoping that all the racist shit is coming from the fringe of society and is just being amplified through social media. I'm hoping.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Dude, those people were racist with or without Obama being president. They just needed an excuse to bring it out. You should count it as a blessing because you no longer have to guess who the racists are, especially if there were people like that in your inner circle. May just be time for you to build a new circle of friends and move on.
Nevaeh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

But we're the racists for pointing it out, right?
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
But we're the racists for pointing it out, right?

No. You're racists for voting for someone because they are black.

Yes, the fringe of the conservatives can be racist, but again, you are generalizing.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think its a very small minority thats just hiding behind the Internet. That said, I'm really happy to be living in super liberal Montgomery County, MD right now
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
No. You're racists for voting for someone because they are black.

Yes, the fringe of the conservatives can be racist, but again, you are generalizing.
I didn't vote for anyone because they were black. I voted against the anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-education party.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We need to find a really smart, turban wearing Muslim Democrat to elect into the presidency in 2016. Just to see how middle america reacts. It would be fun.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #12
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
We need to find a really smart, turban wearing Muslim Democrat to elect into the presidency in 2016. Just to see how middle america reacts. It would be fun.

And how is that not more racist that "Put the white back in the White House"? Oh wait, it's only racist if it's against whites.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #13
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
And how is that not more racist that "Put the white back in the White House"? Oh wait, it's only racist if it's against whites.
When did bagel mention a race? He mentioned an article of clothing, "turban" and mentioned a religion, "Muslim." Instantly you jump to race? Why is that, you think?

And we're the racists?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
It's not? That's laughable to say the least. So you are saying that I should be happy because there is a black president that I strongly disagree with the policies of? I guess there is more. I hate his lies. Is that enough? I hate his attitude. I hate the way he acts as if nothing is wrong in the country. And now, thanks to him, there is something wrong.

Should I not feel any anger if someone who is a proven liar has been reelected? Should I not feel anger if the person elected used his presidential powers to rummage for votes?

Why should I feel happy for someone I hate? I hate Clinton (both of them). Is that racist too? Or does he also follow the same path that Obama does, being a liar?

What about Kennedy? Should I be a racist for hating him? Carter? Roosevelt?

I'm not saying you should be happy about him, but his race should be irrelevant. Going into election i expected Romney or Obama to win, but i didn't vote for either of them. I'm black, but i voted for a candidate i thought would be best suited for the job, but i knew they didn't have a real shot at winning. So where is all the hate coming from with people? You can't love Romney's plans for the US (much is still very much a scooby doo mystery) yet despise Obama.

The only way i can make sense of the hate people are spewing is to suggest its racism. Because as much as i tried, i couldn't find that great of difference between Romney and Obama, yet somehow so many others (mainly white) could, and those differences are so great that Romney not winning is the death of America for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
Dude, those people were racist with or without Obama being president. They just needed an excuse to bring it out. You should count it as a blessing because you no longer have to guess who the racists are, especially if there were people like that in your inner circle. May just be time for you to build a new circle of friends and move on.

True, they most likely always were. And i'm lucky my facebook friends list doesn't have the same drama as others. So none are in my inner circle, but i do notice a different vibe when i'm out. I live in the valley of Southern Cal, in a place that has a decent balance of white, black, and hispanic, but there is also some white supremacist that have been known to roam the area, and i'm just hoping nothing crazy jumps off. I just found a new job here so i can't afford to just pack up and leave.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #15
Math2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
I didn't vote for anyone because they were black. I voted against the anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-education party.

Are you sure you didn't? How are the Republicans anti-woman? Are you one of the idiots who believes all the feminist crap? Feminism disgusts me, not because I dislike women and think they should have a lesser role, but because the whole woman thing is overstated, and lies now. Women are now more than equal because the government wants to "fix" what was done wrong to them earlier. It's bullshit. Why should women get more of an advantage? Why should they expect that men should lift stuff, or do the handy work if they want to be the same. They're all for equality.........unless it means they need to work.

Are women wages smaller? Sure, but so what. We don't need to regulate salaries. No one cares to think (or admit) that just because they are paid less, that doesn't mean that they are unfairly paid.

Anti-gay? I guess you could say that, but to me it's a nonissue. I care not either way.

Anti education? How so, explain it to me?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: