Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 01:25 AM   #1
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default my controversial mock draft

Please critique the hell out of this.


1. Aldridge
2. Tyrus Thomas
3. Brandon Roy
4. Rudy Gay
5. Shelden Williams
6. Adam Morrison
7. Marcus Williams
8. Andrea Bargnani
9. Patrick O'Bryant
10. Cedric Simmons
11. Randy Foye
12. Rodney Carney
13. Rajon Rondo
14. J.J. Reddick
15. Shannon Brown
16. Muhammad Saer Sene
17. Kyle Lowry
18. Olexy Pecherov
19. Jordan Farmar
20. Ronnie Brewer
21. Sergio Rodriguez
22. Maurice Ager
23. Hilton Armstrong
24. Shawne Williams
25. Guillermo Diaz
26. James White
27. Alexander Johnson
28. Paul Davis
29. Josh Boone
30. Leon Powe

Pick apart and destroy this mock draft. Tell me what a genius and idiot I am. I look forward to your feedback.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:33 AM   #2
dwillreg
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 318
Default

It's straight. I would swap Gay and Morrison if I were you.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:35 AM   #3
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,962
Default

Ronnie Brewer is waaay too low.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:44 AM   #4
AI09
Serious playground baller
 
AI09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 486
Default

i like it but brewer should go top 15 and sixers wont pick rondo at 13 they didnt even have a work out with him. also shelden should be like a 7-14. peherov and lowry will go mid 20s.Also i feel the foye should be top 8. But i like it alot i think u really worked on this one alot.
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:06 AM   #5
dwillreg
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 318
Default

This is what I would do with each pick if I was the GM of each team.

1. Toronto- Marcus Williams
2. Chicago- Andrea Bargnani
3. Charlotte- Rudy Gay
4. Portland- Adam Morrison
5. Atlanta- LaMarcus Aldridge
6. Minnesota- Brandon Roy
7. Boston- Patrick O’Bryant
8. Houston- JJ Reddick
9. Golden State- Tyrus Thomas
10. Seattle- Cedric Simmons
11. Orlando- Randy Foye
12. New Orleans- Shelden Williams
13. Philadelphia- Kyle Lowry
14. Utah- Rodney Carney
15. New Orleans- Ronnie Brewer
16. Chicago- Quincy Douby
17. Indiana- Sergio Rodriguez
18. Washington- Hilton Armstrong
19. Sacramento- Rajon Rondo
20. New York- Olekiy Pecherov
21. Phoenix- Mouhamed Saer Sene
22. New Jersey- Darius Washington Jr.
23. New Jersey- Leon Powe
24. Memphis- Shawne Williams
25. Cleveland- Jordan Farmar
26. LA Lakers- Gerry McNamara
27. Phoenix- Shannon Brown
28. Dallas- Mike Gansey
29. New York- James White
30. Portland- Alexander Johnson

I know I have some radical opionons but as you can see I like Gerry McNamara and Darius Washington Jr. I don't think Marcus Williams is the best player in the draft, but I do think he is the best fit for the Rapters. Let me know what you like or don't like about this thanks.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:08 AM   #6
Yanks26RedSox1
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10
Default

the 76ers probably wont pick Rondo, although they should bc with him opening things up for Iverson they could be dangerous for a couple of years
Yanks26RedSox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:12 AM   #7
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Rondo won't play with Iverson because Iverson is getting traded. Most likely they will trade him for Josh Smith and Al Harrington. Supposedly, the Hawks made a promise to Shelden Williams at 5. This is because they know they need a replacement for Harrington, and that they are going to trade for A.I. at the point. So, how is this for the new look Hawks.

Allen Iverson
Joe Johnson
Marvin Williams
Shelden Williams
Zaza Pachulia

That looks like a 45 win team to me. Look for them to be in the playoffs next season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:15 AM   #8
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Rondo won't play with Iverson because Iverson is getting traded. Most likely they will trade him for Josh Smith and Al Harrington. Supposedly, the Hawks made a promise to Shelden Williams at 5. This is because they know they need a replacement for Harrington, and that they are going to trade for A.I. at the point. So, how is this for the new look Hawks.

Allen Iverson
Joe Johnson
Marvin Williams
Shelden Williams
Zaza Pachulia

That looks like a 45 win team to me. Look for them to be in the playoffs next season.


Also, the sixers of next season should be exciting. They might even take Ronnie Brewer at 13. So, there starting lineup will be.

Ronnie Brewer
Andre Iguadola
Josh Smith
Al Harrington
Samuel Dalembert

I guess you could call this team the Philadelphia Slam Dunk Contest Participants. They probably won't be too cohesive as a team, but they will be exciting to watch. Four out of five of these guys can straight up fly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:00 AM   #9
aussieinvasion
I Hit Open Layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1
Default

bargnani will go 1, i think they will be crazy to pass on morrison though. simmons and carney will slide and augustine will be the biggest sleeper!
aussieinvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:57 AM   #10
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
lowblok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Logan, 4114
Posts: 587
Default

I wouldn't mind seeing Carney play for the Jazz.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:13 AM   #11
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,962
Default

So Marcus Williams isn't a first round pick, dwillreg?

You're F-ing ridiculous, man.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #12
Csharp10
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Please critique the hell out of this.


1. Aldridge
2. Tyrus Thomas
3. Brandon Roy
4. Rudy Gay
5. Shelden Williams
6. Adam Morrison
7. Marcus Williams
8. Andrea Bargnani
9. Patrick O'Bryant
10. Cedric Simmons
11. Randy Foye
12. Rodney Carney
13. Rajon Rondo
14. J.J. Reddick
15. Shannon Brown
16. Muhammad Saer Sene
17. Kyle Lowry
18. Olexy Pecherov
19. Jordan Farmar
20. Ronnie Brewer
21. Sergio Rodriguez
22. Maurice Ager
23. Hilton Armstrong
24. Shawne Williams
25. Guillermo Diaz
26. James White
27. Alexander Johnson
28. Paul Davis
29. Josh Boone
30. Leon Powe

Pick apart and destroy this mock draft. Tell me what a genius and idiot I am. I look forward to your feedback.

HEY man great mock , i really like the bulls taking thomas at two, and also Sene at 16, I think Sene or Shannon Brown will be very good players for the bulls. Good mock. I aslo think brewer will go higher tho.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:45 AM   #13
317Blu&Gold
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
317Blu&Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naptown
Posts: 5
Default

For the most part, i like the mock but i have a problem with the Pacers pick. They won't select Lowry with that pick. Although he is a nice point guard, Farmer is a better shooter if they decide to go PG....i think Shawne Williams is a good pick or even Paul Davis. They need a big that can open up the lane for J.O....
317Blu&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:49 AM   #14
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default First Pick Gonnna Go To Bargnani

Italian Pride!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:43 PM   #15
Unregistered
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
This is what I would do with each pick if I was the GM of each team.

1. Toronto- Marcus Williams
2. Chicago- Andrea Bargnani
3. Charlotte- Rudy Gay
4. Portland- Adam Morrison
5. Atlanta- LaMarcus Aldridge
6. Minnesota- Brandon Roy
7. Boston- Patrick O’Bryant
8. Houston- JJ Reddick
9. Golden State- Tyrus Thomas
10. Seattle- Cedric Simmons
11. Orlando- Randy Foye
12. New Orleans- Shelden Williams
13. Philadelphia- Kyle Lowry
14. Utah- Rodney Carney
15. New Orleans- Ronnie Brewer
16. Chicago- Quincy Douby
17. Indiana- Sergio Rodriguez
18. Washington- Hilton Armstrong
19. Sacramento- Rajon Rondo
20. New York- Olekiy Pecherov
21. Phoenix- Mouhamed Saer Sene
22. New Jersey- Darius Washington Jr.
23. New Jersey- Leon Powe
24. Memphis- Shawne Williams
25. Cleveland- Jordan Farmar
26. LA Lakers- Gerry McNamara
27. Phoenix- Shannon Brown
28. Dallas- Mike Gansey
29. New York- James White
30. Portland- Alexander Johnson

I know I have some radical opionons but as you can see I like Gerry McNamara and Darius Washington Jr. I don't think Marcus Williams is the best player in the draft, but I do think he is the best fit for the Rapters. Let me know what you like or don't like about this thanks.

That's a good draft except for your #1 pick. I mean c'mon, this is a big man's game. People like to think that D-Wade willed the Heat to a championship, but in truth it was all Shaq. Shaq's presence allows Wade to get double coverage so that he can go off the way he does. So, if teams are going to gamble on a high pick, it's gonna be on a big man that can dictate the pace and style of a game. Look at the championship teams of the last few years. They featured dominant big men: Shaq, Ben Wallace (defensively dominant), Tim Duncan, and well, Shaq. No team without a beast of a big man is going to gamble on Williams at no. 1. Thank God you aren't a GM.
Who are you buy the way? Isaah Thomas?
  Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy