Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation
Default Israel's Iron Dome in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kAyq...ature=youtu.be

basically intercepting rockets

(Inaccurate junk removed)

Last edited by insidehoops : 11-16-2012 at 10:52 PM.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Israel's Iron Dome in action

Those numbers are way off. Next time just post the video without any introduction/opinion if you're unwilling to do research.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Must be surreal to live like that. Still better than being Palestinian, they are defenseless. Something like 13 Isrealis have died and Israel responds by killing 1400.

so why are they still going at them? canada could have beef with america, but it would obviously be a fools errand to try and attack them. i'm not saying there aren't reasons, but obviously the odds are stacked in a way that does not favor one side to the extent that it makes attacking them almost the same as just attacking yourself.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kAyq...ature=youtu.be

basically intercepting rockets

Must be surreal to live like that. Still better than being Palestinian, they are defenseless. Something like 13 Isrealis have died and Israel responds by killing 1400.

When someone is defenseless, they shouldn't go stepping on people's toes and then crying to the international community about the intense bloody nose that results.

War stops being about rules and fair fights when your enemy doesn't wear a uniform and sends brainwashed zealots into pizza parlors with ball-bearing laced C4 strapped to their chests.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Those numbers are way off. Next time just post the video without any introduction/opinion if you're unwilling to do research.

I confused the numbers with Isreal's 22 day campaign

Quote:
That clash proved traumatic for both sides, killing more than 1,200 Palestinians in 22 days and triggering a U.N. inquiry that accused Israel of war crimes and intentionally targeting civilians.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,3755109.story

My bad
Old 11-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
When someone is defenseless, they shouldn't go stepping on people's toes and then crying to the international community about the intense bloody nose that results.

War stops being about rules and fair fights when your enemy doesn't wear a uniform and sends brainwashed zealots into pizza parlors with ball-bearing laced C4 strapped to their chests.

I am not at all in support of launching rockets into Israel. Dont get me wrong. I still blame most of the current situation on Israel for 2 reasons.

1 Blocking Palestinian statehood in the UN

2. Building of settlements on disputed land.

I feel like Israel's right-wing government doesnt want a 2 state solution based on the 1967 boarders (with appropriate land swaps where demographically logical) and would rather antagonize Palestine into a military conflict, where they have the overwhelming advantage.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
so why are they still going at them? canada could have beef with america, but it would obviously be a fools errand to try and attack them. i'm not saying there aren't reasons, but obviously the odds are stacked in a way that does not favor one side to the extent that it makes attacking them almost the same as just attacking yourself.

At some point you have to fight, even if you think your going to lose. If Brock Lesnar/ Mike Tyson/ etc assualted my mother I would fight him, knowing I would get my ass handed to me.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
At some point you have to fight, even if you think your going to lose. If Brock Lesnar/ Mike Tyson/ etc assualted my mother I would fight him, knowing I would get my ass handed to me.

But it isn't a long term decision and it isn't costing you your life, your families life, and the future of your people.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I am not at all in support of launching rockets into Israel. Dont get me wrong. I still blame most of the current situation on Israel for 2 reasons.

1 Blocking Palestinian statehood in the UN

2. Building of settlements on disputed land.

I feel like Israel's right-wing government doesnt want a 2 state solution based on the 1967 boarders (with appropriate land swaps where demographically logical) and would rather antagonize Palestine into a military conflict, where they have the overwhelming advantage.
Yes, the radical fanatics will stop seeking the destruction of Israel once they make those concessions. You are delusional.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #10
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The radical fanatic nutcases who lead Gaza refuse to accept Israel's very existence as a country and spend their time gathering weapons to keep trying to fight Israel

The radical fanatic nutcases know Israel is much stronger than they are, but because they are insane, they keep messing with Israel anyway

Israel is stronger, so Israel wins the exchanges

And then the radical fanatic nutcases complain about how unfair it is to be the underdog and how bad it is that they're not able to destroy Israel
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #11
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Doesn't iron rust really bad?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #12
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
The radical fanatic nutcases who lead Gaza refuse to accept Israel's very existence as a country and spend their time gathering weapons to keep trying to fight Israel

The radical fanatic nutcases know Israel is much stronger than they are, but because they are insane, they keep messing with Israel anyway

Israel is stronger, so Israel wins the exchanges

And then the radical fanatic nutcases complain about how unfair it is to be the underdog and how bad it is that they're not able to destroy Israel
So what are you doing about it?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #13
miller-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
So what are you doing about it?

dissecting problems doesn't mean you have solutions to them.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #14
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I don't think there can be a solution until the radical fanatic nutcases accept that they will never destroy Israel, and have to make peace with Israel.

Once they do that, and actually want peace with Israel, Israel will be able to do it, just like Israel made peace with Egypt when Egypt wanted it, just like Israel made peace with Jordan when Jordan wanted it.
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #15
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
I don't think there can be a solution until the radical fanatic nutcases accept that they will never destroy Israel, and have to make peace with Israel.

Once they do that, and actually want peace with Israel, Israel will be able to do it, just like Israel made peace with Egypt when Egypt wanted it, just like Israel made peace with Jordan when Jordan wanted it.
First of all I think Israel is right to destroy all Hamas's rocket launching capabilities and I think their current operation is painful but necessary. That said, Hamas is popular for a reason. The argument about the Palestinians never wanting peace is to some degree self-prophecy.

There is, though certainly not angels themselves, somewhat of a willing partner in the West Bank, who keeps getting emasculated by Likud. Abbas has kept the West Bank relatively calm through a couple flareups, but there is absolutely nothing to show the Palestinian people for it. "They should stop fighting rockets first," while true, is in effect what has happened in the West Bank and during that time the settlers continue to sprawl, all Abbas has to show for moderation is advancing Israeli settlements.

Israel has to consider Gaza and West Bank completely separate. Even if Abbas gives rhetoric about unified Palestine (he has to because his overtures to Israel that don't result in anything make him very weak), make it very very clear they are willing to make deals on issues regarding the West Bank. Be VERY generous to the West Bank as long as they aren't firing rockets FROM THE WEST BANK. That means stop the flow of settlers and remove the blatantly illegal ones. Try to do whatever you can to develop them economically through their government. The key is to show that not firing rockets will actually give you something. This will make the more moderate Palestinians popular. Right now they just look like sellouts to their people. Imagine you're a Gazan who feels extremely wronged, and you see the West Bank and Fatah stopping armed resistance just encourages Israeli settlers to expand. Obviously launching rockets is not rational for the Palestinians but if Israel won't stand up to the land grabbers and show peace is worth it, it encourage irrationality.

Last edited by yobore : 11-16-2012 at 11:41 PM.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: