Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-31-2007, 05:29 AM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default MMA Fam

Looks like this is going to be a new beginning for UFC having huge cards for this weekends match-ups. This is going to go beyond hardcore fans when Cro makes his debut, and with Chuck Liddell anchoring UFC's popularity, it's going to go way beyond into mainstream status. Heavyweight became fun to watch again ( Vera, Cro Cop, Arlovski, Silvia :rollingeyes: ), Rampage can have a huge effect on that division, and now middleweight just became more known. I know the majority still love their Pride but now competition just got a little better closer to home. If ever the day Gomi or Silva may sign long term deals, UFC will have a ton of marquee match-ups in every event.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:35 AM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: MMA Fam

no longer than two rounds before cro cop kicks that guys head off. GUARANTEED
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
no longer than two rounds before cro cop kicks that guys head off. GUARANTEED

I say less than two minutes.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
hateraid
Is it in you?

Predictions for tommorws fights anyone?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Anderson Silva over Travis Lutter in the 1st Round, TKO

I think Lutter has a definite chance if he can get the fight to the ground, but I just don't think he'll be able to, if he can, then Lutter definately has a chance to take the belt from Silva. He has a better chance to beat Silva than Rich Franklin, it's a perfect matchup as far as styles go for Lutter. I still like Silva to knock him out, 3:53 of the 1st Round.

Mirko Cro Cop over Eddie Sanchez in the 1st Round, TKO

Eddie Sanchez is too wild with his standup to even have a chance, he has a loopy right hand and that's it. Mirko is going to pick him apart, this one ends early, Mirko by left head kick, 1:47 of the 1st Round.

Quinton Jackson over Marvin Eastman in the 3rd Round, TKO

This will be the best fight of the night, Rampage and Eastman put on a show for the UFC Crowd. It's a battle, a very competitive fight, and Rampage catches Eastman in the 3rd round before the referee stops the fight.

Georges St. Pierre over Matt Serra from his couch in the 1st Round, TKO

Lyoto Machida over Sam Hoger

Tyson Griffin over Frank Edgar

Jorge Rivera over Terry Martin

Patrick Cote over Scott Smith

Roger Huerta over John Halverson

Dustin Hazelett over Diego Saraieva
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #6
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Not too many good match-ups this weekend. Seems like a show more to showcase new talent then anything else. Fight Night was pretty dope though. Rashad's head kick was something else and I was shocked when Franca was able to flurry Fisher to death. Amazed Spencer didn't go down. Marquadt also made team Jackson look more impressive then ever. Guy has to be the #1 contender outside of Franklin.

as to this weekend...

Silva over Lutter by TKO round 3, Lutter will be able to get it to the ground, but he will not submit Silva and will generally Lay'n'Pray. He'll eat a knee coming in or a straight after standing back up and that'll be that.

Cro Cop by whatever he wants, but probably a LHK or straight left, 1st round.

Rampage over Eastman by decision. Page just hasn't been the same since Wanderlei left him face down over the ropes bleeding on the scorers table. Guy couldn't even beat Matt Lindland convincingly.

Machida by whatever he wants.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:15 AM   #7
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

I was 7 for 9

Anderson Silva subbed the 'BJJ Expert' Travis Lutter, Round 2

Cro Cop outclassed Sanchez and won via ground and pound referee stoppage, Round 1

Rampage had a nice debut over Eastman, Round 2 Stoppage
Old 02-04-2007, 12:22 AM   #8
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Present.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #9
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Present.

Any thoughts on Mirko walking out to the PRIDE FC Music, you suppose that something is up and one will be purchasing the other? Or is that a cheap shot by Dana White saying we have one of your biggest stars? Or is it a sign from Mirko that he's representing Pride in the UFC?

Conspiracy Theories will fly because he walked out to that, especially if PRIDE doesn't sue for copyright infringement, I assume it's got to infringe on their rights...
Old 02-04-2007, 12:47 AM   #10
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

oh me oh my, Silva's triangle/elbow-destruction was impressive.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:49 AM   #11
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
oh me oh my, Silva's triangle/elbow-destruction was impressive.

Lutter gassed, he arguably could have finished it earlier had he not been so dehydrated due to cutting. But I'm glad Silva won, just because I was super disappointed Lutter couldn't make weight.

I can't wait til GSP recovers from injury, I need another highlight to add to my iPod Video.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:54 AM   #12
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

HAHA Cro Cop came out to Prides theme. Anyone else catch this?

Cro Cop is gonna dominate UFC HW division, then ask for a rematch with Fedor and it's gonna be the greatest MMA event of all time with Wanderei VS Chuck on the same card.

God, I still can't believe Cro Cop came out to that.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #13
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
HAHA Cro Cop came out to Prides theme. Anyone else catch this?

Cro Cop is gonna dominate UFC HW division, then ask for a rematch with Fedor and it's gonna be the greatest MMA event of all time with Wanderei VS Chuck on the same card.

God, I still can't believe Cro Cop came out to that.

lol, I laughed too. My friends were like, What's so funny? They didn't understand. Great cards tonight. Everything went according to plan.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #14
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Anderson Silva over Travis Lutter in the 1st Round, TKO

I think Lutter has a definite chance if he can get the fight to the ground, but I just don't think he'll be able to, if he can, then Lutter definately has a chance to take the belt from Silva. He has a better chance to beat Silva than Rich Franklin, it's a perfect matchup as far as styles go for Lutter. I still like Silva to knock him out, 3:53 of the 1st Round.

Mirko Cro Cop over Eddie Sanchez in the 1st Round, TKO

Eddie Sanchez is too wild with his standup to even have a chance, he has a loopy right hand and that's it. Mirko is going to pick him apart, this one ends early, Mirko by left head kick, 1:47 of the 1st Round.

Quinton Jackson over Marvin Eastman in the 3rd Round, TKO

This will be the best fight of the night, Rampage and Eastman put on a show for the UFC Crowd. It's a battle, a very competitive fight, and Rampage catches Eastman in the 3rd round before the referee stops the fight.

Georges St. Pierre over Matt Serra from his couch in the 1st Round, TKO

Lyoto Machida over Sam Hoger

Tyson Griffin over Frank Edgar

Jorge Rivera over Terry Martin

Patrick Cote over Scott Smith

Roger Huerta over John Halverson

Dustin Hazelett over Diego Saraieva

Imprssive. Although my prdictions were similar. Good call though tonight.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:17 AM   #15
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
lol, I laughed too. My friends were like, What's so funny? They didn't understand. Great cards tonight. Everything went according to plan.

There is clearly something going on behind the scenes, a couple months ago the UFC would forbid even mentioning PRIDE or it's fighters, now their dropping names left and right, talking about it, letting Mirko enter to the theme music, I suspect that the UFC has bought Pride, and hasn't released it. Either that, or they are going to merge, they are dropping way too much stuff about PRIDE for their not to be an agreement of some sort.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: