Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
Riddler
D-94
 
Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: D-Town
Posts: 4,773
Default Hope

DALLAS (9-7) division record (4-2)

PHI - W
@CIN - L
PIT - W
NO - W
@WAS - W


NEW YORK (9-7) division record (3-3)

GB - L
@WAS - L
NO - W
@ATL - L
@BAL - W
PHI - W


WASHINGTON (8-8)

NYG - W
BAL - L
@CLE - W
@PHI - W
DAL - L



I know... I'm torturing myself.






Bruce Wayne: Where am I?

Bane: Home, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why this prison is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked up to the light and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize Gotham, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can survive so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay in the sun." You can watch me torture an entire city and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny... We will destroy Gotham and then, when it is done and Gotham is ashes, then you have my permission to die.




Also...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDGNsbLayJw

"Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lbbrGqwqMQ
Another bad Thanksgiving courtesy of RG3
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,758
Default Re: Hope

Dallas is not winning 4 out of 5 games. That's not hope, that's delusion.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
Riddler
D-94
 
Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: D-Town
Posts: 4,773
Default Re: Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Dallas is not winning 4 out of 5 games. That's not hope, that's delusion.

If we go 8-8... there's still a very slim chance we can win the division.

maybe Philadelphia can help us out... maybe a few injuries can go our way.

I'm still keeping hope alive Dammit!!!
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Hope

If Green Bay beats NY we are still just one game out of it...with 5 games left that is def more than enough of an opportunity...

I don't have my hopes up, but to think its impossible is just wrong...its very possible
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Hope

If NY does happen to beat GB though, that would put it pretty far out of reach.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles
 
UConnCeltics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,884
Default Re: Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
If we go 8-8... there's still a very slim chance we can win the division.

maybe Philadelphia can help us out... maybe a few injuries can go our way.

I'm still keeping hope alive Dammit!!!
I'm certain Philly will try to screw both Dallas and NY in the ass.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
BuffaloBill
Turtle Power
 
BuffaloBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Pole
Posts: 23,135
Default Re: Hope

Let's go Cowboys!! I still have faith in the boys
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,758
Default Re: Hope

I said this last week, what makes Dallas fans think you will win these games? Like washington can't beat you again? By the time you get to Pittsburgh, Big Ben will be back and they will steamroll you. NO? Seriously?

Yes you have a chance but the problem is you aren't going to be 9-7 or 8-8, you are going to be 7-9.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 14,999
Default Re: Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I said this last week, what makes Dallas fans think you will win these games? Like washington can't beat you again? By the time you get to Pittsburgh, Big Ben will be back and they will steamroll you. NO? Seriously?

Yes you have a chance but the problem is you aren't going to be 9-7 or 8-8, you are going to be 7-9.
What made Gaints fans think they would get into the playoffs last year when they were 5-6?...Or the first Eli ring when talks of Tom Coughlin being fired where going around during the regular season? If anyone could understand it's not over you would think it would be Giant's fans...but I know you're just a shit talker, which you have become more and more of, not a good look on you niko because it is making it harder to take your posts seriously...

dozens upon dozens of teams have made the post season after being 5-6...it wouldn't be a first








I'll say this though, Dallas' o-line is so bad that even if we made the post season, any hopes of a SB appearance are dim...that line has to come together somehow.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,577
Default Re: Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
If NY does happen to beat GB though, that would put it pretty far out of reach.

I've watched every Giant game this season and the Giants secondary has not shown me that their secondary is strong enough to stop Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense.

Their secondary is going to get abused. Look what Dalton and Green did to them. Now they have to go against Rodgers?

In order for them to win this game they have to come out the way they did against the 49ers or the way they started against the Cowboys a few weeks ago.

Would I bet money they do? No....they haven't been consistent enough. Let's see if this bye helped the Giants enough.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,758
Default Re: Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
What made Gaints fans think they would get into the playoffs last year when they were 5-6?...Or the first Eli ring when talks of Tom Coughlin being fired where going around during the regular season? If anyone could understand it's not over you would think it would be Giant's fans...but I know you're just a shit talker, which you have become more and more of, not a good look on you niko because it is making it harder to take your posts seriously...

dozens upon dozens of teams have made the post season after being 5-6...it wouldn't be a first

.






I'll say this though, Dallas' o-line is so bad that even if we made the post season, any hopes of a SB appearance are dim...that line has to come together somehow.
Giants play good sometimes and play bad sometimes like every team. However we do not consistently crack under pressure and we don't have bad coaching. I don't think it's impossible for a 5-6 team to make it. I doubt your team specifically.

Who has a better feel for your team, me or you? Did i not tell you Bears would shit on them? Did i not tell you they would lose to Seahawks? Did i not say you'd beat the Eagles? Did i not say Washington would beat you down?

Yes, if the Giants suck and lose every game you can make it because someone needs to but i'd put you behind the Redskins easily at this point and if all of us are fighting to see who is at 7-9 going in none of us are more than a 1 and done.

Fans of teams mistake hoping for expecting. Hoping your Cowboys makes a run makes sense, telling me that what we've seen so far indicates a run about to come is stupid. You sound like Rex Ryan and the Jets. THAT RUN IS COMING - OH YEAH ITS COMING..
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,758
Default Re: Hope

Basically my point is no, you are not wrong to hope. You are not even wrong to be happy deliriously if it happens. But if you are telling me to expect it, that's just ridiculous, because NOTHING so far indicates a run is coming. Nothing. I don't see my Giants as a legit contender right now but things can change and we are ahead of you and haven't had 7,000 meltdowns and our coach can count number of downs.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #13
Riddler
D-94
 
Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: D-Town
Posts: 4,773
Default Re: Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I said this last week, what makes Dallas fans think you will win these games? Like washington can't beat you again? By the time you get to Pittsburgh, Big Ben will be back and they will steamroll you. NO? Seriously?

Okay, let me explain...

We have 10 days to rest up for Philadelphia, and this time we play them at home... maybe we get Demarco Murray back finally and he can start to get the running game going. Either way, with or without Demarco... We will obviously be favored to beat Philadelphia since we've already done it this year. We shouldn't have a problem here even if Vick is back. (However, injuries are a major concern right now with Bruce Carter and Miles Austin banged up.)

Now here comes the hard part...

I went ahead and put a loss to Cincy, because we play them on the road... That doesn't mean we automatically loose the game, but if we do happen to win... all we have to do is win 1 home game out of our next 2, and that shouldn't be impossible. Pittsburgh and New Orleans are both having problems this year so it's not like we can't beat them... Vegas will probably have us favored to win both of these games... So, with that said... Beating Cincinnati would be a huge win for us... I got that game marked on my calendar. Even if Big Ben comes back by the time we play him, he'll have a little rust on him... The way I see it is both games will be close, Pittsburgh will be ground & pound, and New Orleans will be a shootout... since both games are at home, the edge goes to us...

That leaves Washington... clearly they kicked our ass yesterday, but this is the NFL, and all I'm hoping for is that we go into this game with an 8-7 record. I don't like our odds of reaching this game with only one more loss, but let's not pretend this team is as bad as Jacksonville. This will be the last game of the season so maybe a few injuries will pile up on Washington like they've piled up on us... Our defense played like $hit yesterday, so they should be better this time around... RG3 is a bad@ss motherf*cker, but he's still a rookie... hopefully he can make a few rookie mistakes unlike yesterday.

We played a close game against Atlanta, and we were a fingernail & 50 yard Field goal away from beating NY & Baltimore... so in my mind we are better than our record indicates... We could easily be sitting at 7-4 right now.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,758
Default Re: Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
Okay, let me explain...

We have 10 days to rest up for Philadelphia, and this time we play them at home... maybe we get Demarco Murray back finally and he can start to get the running game going. Either way, with or without Demarco... We will obviously be favored to beat Philadelphia since we've already done it this year. We shouldn't have a problem here even if Vick is back. (However, injuries are a major concern right now with Bruce Carter and Miles Austin banged up.)

Now here comes the hard part...

I went ahead and put a loss to Cincy, because we play them on the road... That doesn't mean we automatically loose the game, but if we do happen to win... all we have to do is win 1 home game out of our next 2, and that shouldn't be impossible. Pittsburgh and New Orleans are both having problems this year so it's not like we can't beat them... Vegas will probably have us favored to win both of these games... So, with that said... Beating Cincinnati would be a huge win for us... I got that game marked on my calendar. Even if Big Ben comes back by the time we play him, he'll have a little rust on him... The way I see it is both games will be close, Pittsburgh will be ground & pound, and New Orleans will be a shootout... since both games are at home, the edge goes to us...

That leaves Washington... clearly they kicked our ass yesterday, but this is the NFL, and all I'm hoping for is that we go into this game with an 8-7 record. I don't like our odds of reaching this game with only one more loss, but let's not pretend this team is as bad as Jacksonville. This will be the last game of the season so maybe a few injuries will pile up on Washington like they've piled up on us... Our defense played like $hit yesterday, so they should be better this time around... RG3 is a bad@ss motherf*cker, but he's still a rookie... hopefully he can make a few rookie mistakes unlike yesterday.

We played a close game against Atlanta, and we were a fingernail & 50 yard Field goal away from beating NY & Baltimore... so in my mind we are better than our record indicates... We could easily be sitting at 7-4 right now.
It's possible, fine. i surrender. It's mainly possible because the Giants don't understand the season is still going on.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
Riddler
D-94
 
Riddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: D-Town
Posts: 4,773
Default Re: Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It's possible, fine. i surrender. It's mainly possible because the Giants don't understand the season is still going on.

The thing that sucks is even if we win the division. we'll probably have to play Chicago in the first round, maybe Seattle.

Both of those teams destroyed us... and if Chicago wins their division, we'll have to play Green Bay which is even worse.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy