Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
hihellohi765
Serious playground baller

hihellohi765 has an OK reputation so far
Default Help looking for a good yet cheap tablet!

I'm looking to get my girlfriend a tablet for Christmas. I'm looking for a very cheap tablet, but one that will perform. I would like it to run Android operating system. My girlfriend doesn't have a smartphone and would love a tablet for games, skype, etc.

Anybody know much about tablets? Or have any good recommendations?
hihellohi765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Jameerthefear
Thanks Jameer! (04-14)

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Help looking for a good yet cheap tablet!

Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7 are the top $200 dollar tablets imo. Both have a camera for Skype however as far as games Google Nexus 7 is better.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nexus 7 ftw.

I use it for everything, and you really can't beat it for the price.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
hihellohi765

Would you guys recommend any of the under $100 tablets? I really doubt she'd use out for much besides games mainly so it doesn't need much performance or specs.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihellohi765
Would you guys recommend any of the under $100 tablets? I really doubt she'd use out for much besides games mainly so it doesn't need much performance or specs.
no
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

is google nexus 7 >> ipad mini??

which would you take if price wasn't an issue
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
hihellohi765

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
no
Care to elaborate? It just needs to surf the Web, play games, and have a crappy webcam. My gf isnt a techy person at all. So as long as it is halfway decent that's all that matters.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #8
Jameerthefear
Thanks Jameer! (04-14)

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
is google nexus 7 >> ipad mini??

which would you take if price wasn't an issue
Eh. It depends a bit on if you prefer Android or Apple. I'm not that well versed on the Mini yet but I'm gonna assume its just a smaller Ipad. I'd go with the Nexus 7 simply because I prefer the interface, plus Google Talk, and easier to emulate games with.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #9
Jameerthefear
Thanks Jameer! (04-14)

Quote:
Care to elaborate? It just needs to surf the Web, play games, and have a crappy webcam. My gf isnt a techy person at all. So as long as it is halfway decent that's all that matters.
It's not even worth it to buy a sub 100 tablet. Shelling out the extra cash will make you feel ALOT better in the long run, trust me.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
It's not even worth it to buy a sub 100 tablet. Shelling out the extra cash will make you feel ALOT better in the long run, trust me.
this. waste of $100
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #11
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

i bought a 10" enamatic from walmart for $140 shipped. ive had it for 3 weeks, it works pretty well havent had any problems with it. dont get anything less than a 9" screen. It uses the free andriod version so theres no andriod market on there, and the current app support is really non existent. but ive read somewhere that there is a way to get andriod market installed on the unit.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #12
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
Dont get anything less than a 9" screen.

7" is nice.

can hold comfortably in one hand like a kindle, but the screen is still plenty large, and easy to flip to landscape mode for videos, games, etc.

That's why I love my Nexus 7, and that's why Apple rushed to put out their "mini" after the Nexus 7's release...
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:15 AM   #13
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sub $100 tablet will be a waste. Trust me. Get a Nexus 7 or a Kindle Fire. I believe I would aim towards the N7.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #14
Cali Syndicate
Decent college freshman

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Buy a refurbished Nook and jailbreak the mutha and install Droid OS.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:32 AM   #15
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

why does it have to be so cheap? is it just your budget or are you being a skinflint?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: