Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default am i a pathetic beta male for doing this?

Sending Facebook friend requests to females I haven't said more than "hi" to.

No real interaction. Just shy glances and smiles.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: am i a pathetic beta male for doing this?

nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You give off the same vibe as that dude who had the eminem forums. SacJB or whatever his username is.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Sending Facebook friend requests to females I haven't said more than "hi" to.

No real interaction. Just shy glances and smiles.
its needy and noobish, especially if you start shyly liking and commenting on her facebook shit now from the safety of your computer. She will be scared and think lesser of you.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
its needy and noobish, especially if you start shyly liking and commenting on her facebook shit now from the safety of your computer. She will be scared and think lesser of you.

True. I'm using a "like every other profile picture" policy right now. Or sometimes I'll switch it up and wait 3, 4 or 5 pics to not give off the pattern.

plowking, who is SacJB and what kind of vibe is that?
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Definitely a creeper move that I'd advise against. The girl will usually accept just to be nice/avoid any awkwardness if she sees you again, but I don't know how many times I've been talking to a female friend who said "this guy I met ONCE just added me on Facebook what a creeper"

If you've never spoken to the girl and gotten confirmation FROM her that she has a Facebook, finding and sending her a request on FB is creepy.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #7
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good rule of thumb; anyone who calls themselves an alpha male is the worst person you will ever meet.

Is that the correct use of a semicolon? I got kicked out of school before I learned about them.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
bigdaddyfunk
I hit open layups

bigdaddyfunk is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Good rule of thumb; anyone who calls themselves an alpha male is the worst person you will ever meet.

Is that the correct use of a semicolon? I got kicked out of school before I learned about them.

Kind of; use it more like this.
bigdaddyfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #9
Boomerang
Serious playground baller

Boomerang has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

You got kicked out before 3rd grade? shiiiiiiiit;
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #10
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Yes
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Welcome to the friend zone (at best) buddy.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #12
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Omega male.

Outcasted from society.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

lol, maybe...

I've done a lot of research on the subject because I find it hilarious. There is supposedly a divide at the top between Alpha and Sigma males. The difference would be one is an extrovert and the other and introvert. So, someone could be an "alpha" male and not be into that bullshit.

If you believe what you read online, you'd think that alpha males come in, sit down by people, spread their legs and start eating everyone's food. That ain't it, either.

Basically, I've come to define alpha as strength of will. No more, no less. My theory (yes, I have a theory) is that the most "alpha" males are strong with their two "sources of energy" which would be their eyes and their crotch.

If someone makes strong eye contact and stands/sits with their crotch displayed, they are an alpha male. A lot of people will do this but then shrivel up when competition comes along. Alpha/Sigma would be the people who are doing this regardless.

That being said, it all depends on how much the girl likes you. I've done tons of wild shit with Facebook. Some I regretted, some I didn't. I wouldn't say if a girl's really into you, she'll be down. But I will say this: If a girl is really into you, she'll not be turned off by it. She'll see it as you admitting you are into her, but then you'll still have to approach her.

Truth is, if a girl likes you, at least in my experience, there's nothing you can do to change her mind. But you still have to be a man and do something if you want her. It'll just never advance past a certain stage. She WILL get tired of throwing herself at you, though.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #14
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
lol, maybe...

I've done a lot of research on the subject because I find it hilarious. There is supposedly a divide at the top between Alpha and Sigma males. The difference would be one is an extrovert and the other and introvert. So, someone could be an "alpha" male and not be into that bullshit.

If you believe what you read online, you'd think that alpha males come in, sit down by people, spread their legs and start eating everyone's food. That ain't it, either.

Basically, I've come to define alpha as strength of will. No more, no less. My theory (yes, I have a theory) is that the most "alpha" males are strong with their two "sources of energy" which would be their eyes and their crotch.

If someone makes strong eye contact and stands/sits with their crotch displayed, they are an alpha male. A lot of people will do this but then shrivel up when competition comes along. Alpha/Sigma would be the people who are doing this regardless.

That being said, it all depends on how much the girl likes you. I've done tons of wild shit with Facebook. Some I regretted, some I didn't. I wouldn't say if a girl's really into you, she'll be down. But I will say this: If a girl is really into you, she'll not be turned off by it. She'll see it as you admitting you are into her, but then you'll still have to approach her.

Truth is, if a girl likes you, at least in my experience, there's nothing you can do to change her mind. But you still have to be a man and do something if you want her. It'll just never advance past a certain stage. She WILL get tired of throwing herself at you, though.

-Smak

I mean people who talk about how they are alpha males.

-Randy
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #15
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
lol, maybe...

-Smak

Is this the opening statement for some chronicle of a douche?
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: