Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
winwin
Free Kosovo

winwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation herewinwin has a near all-star reputation here
Default Police Shoot Dog Five Times After Being Captured

COMMERCE CITY - The moments before a dog was shot to death on Saturday were recorded by a neighbor on a cell phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly9JZcPM7aI

Police say the dog was dangerous but some neighbors say officers went too far.

When Kenny Collins called police about an unfamiliar dog loose in his neighborhood, he had no idea his neighbor was dog sitting for a relative.

He had no idea it would end with the dog dead.

"I called police because I saw a dog wandering loose out front," Collins said.

Collins said for about 30 minutes, the dog just sat inside the open garage door near her bed while officers decided what to do.

"You see the dog Tased whenever you see the dog drop," Collins said.

One police officer uses his Taser twice on the dog driving her back into the garage. Then, as the dog tries to run out of the garage, an officer pulls out his gun and shoots at the dog.

"[The dog is] coming out and [the animal control officer] just noosed him," Collins said.

After the first shot, the dog is captured by the animal control officer on the catch pole. But, after it is captured, a police officer fires four more shots at Chloe, killing the dog. Collins said the video shows that the animal control officer appears upset.

www.9news.com
winwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation
Default Re: Police Shoot Dog Five Times After Being Captured

Total wankers.
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

why.... just why? i just can't understand. it's beyond atrocious.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the cop needs to get put down
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the cop was not under any danger. the dog was not biting or attacking any of the cops. this cop should be sued, lose his badge, and face years of prison time. if this was my dog i would ****ing shoot that son of a bitch cop. it's terrible how some of these scumbag cops use their gun to escape any situation even if not dangerous at all. i knew i shouldnt have watched the video. very sad.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #6
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wtf kind of pretentious, pompous neighborhood is this where seeing a dog running about is threatening?

And who the hell leaves his/her garage open when he/she isn't home? Where was the home owner?

I wouldn't leave my garage open if my dog or someone's dog I'm watching were inside by itself, not even tied to anything.
I'm only assuming no one is home because only an idiot or someone high and paranoid wouldn't come outside to see why the hell there are cops and animal control on his/her drive way.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Wtf kind of pretentious, pompous neighborhood is this where seeing a dog running about is threatening?

And who the hell leaves his/her garage open when he/she isn't home? Where was the home owner?

I wouldn't leave my garage open if my dog or someone's dog I'm watching were inside by itself, not even tied to anything.
I'm only assuming no one is home because only an idiot or someone high and paranoid wouldn't come outside to see why the hell there are cops and animal control on his/her drive way.
This

Animal control is who you call if the dog looks like a threat, not the gun happy cops

I fukking hate cops
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

thought crossed my mind too... Who calls the cops on a dog?

Thats part of the reason cops start overreacting in some of these situations.. People call them for the dumbest sh*t
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

similar incident happened in my hometown about 2 yrs ago and only 2 blocks away. neighbor's dog (big but not a pit or rottie) jumped on a lady but it didn't bite her. she called the cops who found it back on its porch. they lured it out in the yard and shot it. they then followed the wounded dog around the yard and shot it again. neighbor came home to find his dog shot to death and not knowing WTH happened.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

In fairness, that dog is an animal and you don't know what it's behaviors are.

They may have gotten the noose on the dog but they didn't tie it down because the dog was fighting. It could have easily escaped, you can clearly see a lot of slack around that noose and it could have gotten out.

Officers did what was right to protect the neighborhood.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

After watching it again, the cops did what was right.

We don't know if the 1st shot hit the dog or if any shot hit the dog except the last shot.

Perhaps he missed and only hit the dog once or maybe twice, at that point, there is no saving the dog since he was shot, we don't know ho many times.

The officer did the right thing by putting it out of it's misery. After being shot, we don't how many times, it may be better to put the dog down so it doesn't suffer from the trauma.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #12
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

would've felt better about it if it was a brother
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #13
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

don't know why I am getting negged for my comments.

I merely said that after the dog was shot, it's more humane to just put him down.

He would have suffered.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation hereTaLvsCuaL has an incredible reputation here

That cop should be shot.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #15
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
don't know why I am getting negged for my comments.

I merely said that after the dog was shot, it's more humane to just put him down.

He would have suffered.

There was no point in shooting the dog in the first place
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: