Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
Solidape
Great young streetballer

Solidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat cool
Default Which Continent Has The Best Food

I am gonna borrow from the thread about animals and replace it with food. Now I do not profess to be a know it all .......so please folks, add to the list to make your case, here is my $0.02

(ps. Do not include Antarctica please)

#1 Asia - No Contest
Too many good cuisines, Thai, Chinese, Indian/Pakistani, Vietnamese, Japanese, Malaysian, Korean.....the list goes on and on and on

#2 South/Central America

#3 African

#4 North America (Mexico pulling its weight and then some)

#5 Europe

#6 Australia (gotta be right?)

Let the bragging rights begin, feel free to use photos of the dishes to make your cases.
Solidape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:01 AM   #2
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Which Continent Has The Best Food

Asian and European foods are eons above everything else.

And yes I like Injara Bread and arroz con pollo.

Still..
Italy Spain Greece Lebanon Japan China Korea India Vietnam Austria France. Is this a fukking joke? This is the Dream Team.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidape
I am gonna borrow from the thread about animals and replace it with food. Now I do not profess to be a know it all .......so please folks, add to the list to make your case, here is my $0.02

#1 Asia - No Contest
Too many good cuisines, Thai, Chinese, Indian/Pakistani, Vietnamese, Japanese, Malaysian, Korean.....the list goes on and on and on

#2 South/Central America

#3 African

#5 Europe

Let the bragging rights begin, feel free to use photos of the dishes to make your cases.

I'm from Australia and I don't even know what constitutes as "Australian food"? Vegemite? Shrimp on the barbie (even though we call them prawns, not shrimps..)?

I'm going with Asian. Thai is possibly my favorite non-dessert food, I also love Indian.. though I think Chinese is hugely overrated. Europe is next because of Italian.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:04 AM   #4
Solidape
Great young streetballer

Solidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidape

#1 Asia - No Contest

#2 South/Central America

#3 African

#5 Europe

Upon further review I think I will re-rate as such

#1 Asia - No Contest

#2 Europe

#3 North America (Mexico pulling its weight and then some + bias points)

#4 Africa

#5 South America

Old 12-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #5
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what's north american food?
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:08 AM   #6
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13

Poutine
Burgers
Hot Dogs
Various Packaged Goods
Oreos
Ice Cream
American Chinese FOod
American Italian Food
Tex-Mex
Mac and Cheese
Quesadillas
Carolina BBQ
Soul FOod
Clam Chowder New England
California Pizza
Bison Burger
Maine Lobster
San Francisco BreadBowls
Fajitas
Tacos
Empanadas
Everything on Diners Drive Ins and Dives
Burritos

Not bad really.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:09 AM   #7
Solidape
Great young streetballer

Quote:

Mexico carries a lot of weight for North America, Mexican food is one of the GOATS!!!

USA gives us good ol southern BBQ and soul cookin.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:09 AM   #8
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

I'm not a huge fan of Chinese food. Pretty much for the fact that all of their meat has bones it. Its awful.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #9
BuffaloBill
Catfish Billy

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Hot Pockets
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #10
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Penguin makes for a superb dish when combined with giant squid (known to roam in the freezing waters of the Southern Ocean). Once upon a magical time in the long long ago, Eskimos inhabited the dark continent (and no, the dark continent is not Africa), also known as Antarctica.

So before everyone jumps the gun and says Asia or Europe (which are obvious second and third choices, respectively) - let us not forget penguin is not only rich in protein, but taste as well.

Quote:

To be fair, Antarctica deserves its place at the dinner table (pun-intended).
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #11
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Poutine
Burgers
Hot Dogs
Various Packaged Goods
Oreos
Ice Cream
American Chinese FOod
American Italian Food
Tex-Mex
Mac and Cheese
Quesadillas
Carolina BBQ
Soul FOod
Clam Chowder New England
California Pizza
Bison Burger
Maine Lobster
San Francisco BreadBowls
Fajitas
Tacos
Empanadas
Everything on Diners Drive Ins and Dives
Burritos

Not bad really.

Pease, peeze people, don't eat me.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #12
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Europe easily (Italy, Greece, France, Spain, etc). North American #2.

Asian food is generally gross.
JohnnySic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #13
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Europe easily (Italy, Greece, France, Spain, etc). North American #2.

Asian foood is generally gross.

I see what you did there, general. General Tso.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Overall, Asia takes the cake. Too diverse when it comes to the ingredients and tastes they can bring to he table for others to even contest, in my opinion. Plus they can make the simplest stuff taste AMAZING. European comes 2nd for me,then all the others can duke it out.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #15
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Overall, Asia takes the cake. Too diverse when it comes to the ingredients and tastes they can bring to he table for others to even contest, in my opinion. Plus they can make the simplest stuff taste AMAZING. European comes 2nd for me,then all the others can duke it out.

Dook it out. Get it? Dook-it-out.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: