Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board
Default How legit are the Golden State Warriors?

This team is just a pleasure to watch and have so many nice players. Curry, finally healthy, is playing to his potential and is burning teams. David Lee is playing like an all-star and is also killing it. Not to mention they're doing all of this WITHOUT a top 5 center and defensive anchor in Andrew Bogut. How legit is this team and what's their potential down the road?
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How legit are the Golden State Warriors?

They are pretty good. Prob a playoff team. Not as good as their record IMO due to their easy schedule.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

they are the definition of a jumpshooting team, for past serveral games you see them with the hot shooting to start out a game, then when their shots stop falling they will still keep jacking themup to allow other team to come back.

once bogut comes back they should be much better, bogut has the best hook shot in the nba.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

by legit you mean making it out the first round?

i doubt it
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
by legit you mean making it out the first round?

i doubt it

If they get a shaky team in the first round like the Clippers and Spurs, and then if they stay hot from 3 and play up to their potential, I see an upset.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

They're winning games by like a point a game. I don't think they'll make the playoffs. Thompson just chucks and chucks and chucks. But they're good and are getting close. Lee better be an all-star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
they are the definition of a jumpshooting team, for past serveral games you see them with the hot shooting to start out a game, then when their shots stop falling they will still keep jacking themup to allow other team to come back.

once bogut comes back they should be much better, bogut has the best hook shot in the nba.

Good point on the jumpshooting.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
They're winning games by like a point a game. I don't think they'll make the playoffs. Thompson just chucks and chucks and chucks. But they're good and are getting close. Lee better be an all-star.

Good point on the jumpshooting.

^ Ya this too. Their point differential isn't good. They have been getting a bit lucky so far.

They don't have Bogut yet though, so there's that.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation

This is potentially a really good team with good chemistry. The only thing holding them back is defensive toughness because of Rush and Bogut being out. The Warriors are definitely overachieving without those two. I'm guessing they're 50/50 in terms of making the playoffs.

That being said this is going to be one hell of a team next season if everyone is healthy. I think Biedrins $11 million concrap is up in 2013, which will be well spent, now that the Warriors front office is making good choices.
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

First round exit.

Potential to upset if their shooters are unconscious.

Maybe miss the playoffs if Curry gets injured again. I say maybe because Jack was arguably the best under the radar pick up this offseason. Although they would have no depth.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
If they get a shaky team in the first round like the Clippers and Spurs, and then if they stay hot from 3 and play up to their potential, I see an upset.
since when are the clippers or spurs shacky
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
since when are the clippers or spurs shacky

He meant that the Clippers and Spurs are prone to being upset in the playoffs.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Ice Cream
He meant that the Clippers and Spurs are prone to being upset in the playoffs.
i know what he meant but that is simply not true
the spurs, in the last 10 years, lost a first round match up only twice
2009 against the macs, ginobili was injured that year i think and 2011 against the grizzlies
both were very tough first round match ups
and the clippers they have only been to the playoffs twice since 2000, but both times they made it to the 2nd round and then lost to the better team

Last edited by blablabla : 12-11-2012 at 03:44 PM.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #13
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
i know what he meant but that is simply not true
the spurs, in the last 10 years, lost a first round match up only twice
2009 against the macs, ginobili was injured that year i think and 2011 against the grizzlies
both were very tough first round match ups
and the clippers they have only been to the playoffs twice since 2000, but both times they made it to the 2nd round and then lost to the better team

not mention that both teams are on a different level than the warriors right now

Yeah, it's not likely to happen. But if the Warriors were to upset someone it would probably the Spurs or Clippers. But I doubt the Warriors would even play them because they would probably be 8th seed at best and face OKC or Memphis this year.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat cool

Too legit to quit.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #15
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Love Golden State.. Happy to see them getting some wins. I think they'll make the playoffs but are a first round out. They are capable of making some noise next year if they are healthy and make the right moves in the off season.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: