Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Article: Kobe Bryant praises Darius Morris' Defense

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...tory?track=rss

Quote:
By Melissa Rohlin
December 19, 2012, 7:05 a.m.
When Kobe Bryant was asked about the Lakers comeback, he credited a player whose performance didn't stand out on the stat sheet.

"Our bench came in and did a fantastic job," Bryant said. "Darius Morris is a fantastic defender."

The reason I posted this, as minor as this topic may be, is because of my extremely high hopes for this kid Morris. He is one of the best defensive point guards I have ever seen. He also has a nice outside shot. He also has dribbles that are as well controlled as any elite level point guard. I hope we invest our future in this guy. He could be our guy after Nash retires. Hopefully more of him to be seen late in games.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Article: Kobe Bryant praises Darius Morris' Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...tory?track=rss

The reason I posted this, as minor as this topic may be, is because of my extremely high hopes for this kid Morris. He is one of the best defensive point guards I have ever seen. He also has a nice outside shot. He also has dribbles that are as well controlled as any elite level point guard. I hope we invest our future in this guy. He could be our guy after Nash retires. Hopefully more of him to be seen late in games.

Just a head's up, but I think DK's gonna have a field day with this post. Years from now, when you two are still arguing on ISH, he's gonna say, "Oh yeah? Well I remember that time you said Darius Morris was" etc. etc.

I mean...did you really say he's one of the best PG defenders you've ever seen?...Really? Call me crazy, but I don't find him comparable to Clyde, DJ, Norm, or Mo. Hell, he's not even as good as present-day reserves like Bradley or Bledsoe.

And his handles are not anywhere close to elite. Compared to your average NBA PG, he's not even good. He's got a TO rate of 14, even though his usage rate is at only 15 (compare that to, say Kyrie Irving, who handles the ball a ton more with a usage rate of 30, and still only turns it over 13 percent of the time). He's not a dynamic playmaker, he picks up his dribble waaaay too easily, and he's not good at dribbling out of traps or protecting the ball.

He's a solid defender and average to below average in everything else. He's got a ton of potential, given his size and speed, but his skills have a long way to go before he becomes a legit rotation player. I truly hope he actualizes most of his talent, but the on-court product we're currently seeing is nothing to get that excited over, IMHO.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
Just a head's up, but I think DK's gonna have a field day with this post. Years from now, when you two are still arguing on ISH, he's gonna say, "Oh yeah? Well I remember that time you said Darius Morris was" etc. etc.

I mean...did you really say he's one of the best PG defenders you've ever seen?...Really? Call me crazy, but I don't find him comparable to Clyde, DJ, Norm, or Mo. Hell, he's not even as good as present-day reserves like Bradley or Bledsoe.

And his handles are not anywhere close to elite. Compared to your average NBA PG, he's not even good. He's got a TO rate of 14, even though his usage rate is at only 15 (compare that to, say Kyrie Irving, who handles the ball a ton more with a usage rate of 30, and still only turns it over 13 percent of the time). He's not a dynamic playmaker, he picks up his dribble waaaay too easily, and he's not good at dribbling out of traps or protecting the ball.

He's a solid defender and average to below average in everything else. He's got a ton of potential, given his size and speed, but his skills have a long way to go before he becomes a legit rotation player. I truly hope he actualizes most of his talent, but the on-court product we're currently seeing is nothing to get that excited over, IMHO.

FF I swear, I was just missing you on here.....and yeah, I was reading the "Best" comment and getting ready to blow it up!!!!
I wish the kid Morris well but Geez....this is within the same season he said Steve Blake was a great defender
I really don't need to comment.....you and me....and guys who've been around know better.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Quote:

These bolded words should explain that thing about reading before responding.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #5
Frank Foley

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
These bolded words should explain that thing about reading before responding.

Quote:
He is one of the best defensive point guards I have ever seen.

I did not take the second quote out of context. I get that you have high hopes, but you were describing the CURRENT version of Darius Morris with the rest of your post, and your analysis was highly questionable. For the record, I hope you're right about Morris, and I was not attacking you in any way.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #6
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
I did not take the second quote out of context. I get that you have high hopes, but you were describing the CURRENT version of Darius Morris with the rest of your post, and your analysis was highly questionable. For the record, I hope you're right about Morris, and I was not attacking you in any way.

I know right....he clearly was talking of the present.
Hey LF.......no more beer for you tonight my friend
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:34 AM   #7
Frank Foley

DK, I'm grateful for all of the acknowledgment, but there's really no need to pile on LF. I love his optimism and passion for my team, and he and you (and a few others) are really the only thing keeping this forum alive after the mass exodus. My initial post in this thread was just a knee-jerk response, and LF has all of my respect as a Laker fan and as a forum mod.

Keep posting, LF, even when jerks like DK talk down to you (just kidding, DK). Merry holidays to you both, and to Laker fans all, wherever you may be. Mamba out.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
DK, I'm grateful for all of the acknowledgment, but there's really no need to pile on LF. I love his optimism and passion for my team, and he and you (and a few others) are really the only thing keeping this forum alive after the mass exodus. My initial post in this thread was just a knee-jerk response, and LF has all of my respect as a Laker fan and as a forum mod.

Keep posting, LF, even when jerks like DK talk down to you (just kidding, DK). Merry holidays to you both, and to Laker fans all, wherever you may be. Mamba out.

Thanks man.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: