Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Pacific Rim

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vKz7WnU83E

So cloverfield vs halo megazords?

I have no idea what to think of it.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pacific Rim

inb4 niko mentions his earlier thread

Last edited by SourPatchKids : 12-24-2012 at 09:26 PM.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It looks like something I'd pray for as a film when is was younger so I'm psyched. I made a thread sometime back that had some info, will try to bump if I find it (must be 20 pages back). Super excited for it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
B-hoop
High School JV MVP

B-hoop has decent reputationB-hoop has decent reputation

Anyone ever watched the anime Evangelion?
B-hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
inb4 niko mentions his earlier thread
Why wouldn't i mention it, it has more info. Would it make sense to type everything again and not mention it?

You're bizarre.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-hoop
Anyone ever watched the anime Evangelion?
Yes, its the freaking greatest thing in the world except for the last two episodes where it just goes off the rails in the most dissappointing worthless finale ever.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Why wouldn't i mention it, it has more info. Would it make sense to type everything again and not mention it?

You're bizarre.
Could you bump the thread or post the details here?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this looks awesome. sadly it will be shit
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looks shitty, gonna be shitty.

I saw a bunch of trailers before The Hobbit over the weekend and the only one that stood out were the Will Smith and his son movie and that zombie romantic comedy, Warm Bodies.

Warm Bodies looks really good.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

looks raw
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=273233

UPDATE: TRAILER!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Vv2z-QiAI

I work for Time Warner, and i have a friend in Cash Flow. He sees the funding of projects, so from time to time he shows me the movie funding. Generally a movie gets an estimate (in the request/approval) that is about 60% movie/40% advertising and other (for a blockbuster type). A few years ago this stood out..

KAIJU / MECHA ANIME INSPIRED Action Film. $500 MILLION. (!!) Kaiju are those rubber japanese monsters you see on those old movies/tv shows, and mecha are giant robots.

Well, it come out next year and the early response (from Comic Con) was that it was

SUMMARY FROM WIKIPEDIA
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanityís resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes - a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) - who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankindís last hope against the mounting apocalypse.

This is a good article that talks about it. Note: Guillermo del Toro is the director.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57046

The response at Comic Con was fantastic. No trailers are available on line. There is a media embargo until 2013 although i hear the trailer may get attached to THE HOBBIT at year end.

Looks like something i dreamed of watching on film when i was a little kid.

These are pilots, the actual robots are hundreds of feet tall.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm in because of Del Toro and my 9 year old inner self spazzing out over giant robots vs. giant monsters.

But the trailer was pretty damn underwhelming. Just looks so generic. Hope it's just them trying to market a film with no built in fanbase (Transformers, GI Joe, all that stuff) that doesn't have a big name star attached.

I don't know the budget but I really think it's going to bomb.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #13
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

WOOOOO!!! movie was awesome! as a fan old school godzilla movies, power rangers, gundam etc. this movie met my expectations. idris had an excellent performance but the asian chick stole my heart. she was fiery and vulnerable at the same time. saw it on 3d imax but was kinda disappointed that there really wasn't that much 3d to see. save your money and see it in 2d imo. del toro did it again 9/10

the ending was kinda reminiscent of a 1996 summer blockbuster

Last edited by Bucket_Nakedz : 07-12-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #14
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Yeah, it was like Jurassic Park meets Independence Day meets Godzilla.

Great blockbuster movie.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #15
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

**** i so want watch this movie
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: