Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Default After Deron's stellar play this season, would you take him over Paul?

Before the beginning of this season, the answer to this thread would be a no-brainer. Chris Paul hands down.

If you were to choose a starting PG for your team, would you take Deron Williams or Chris Paul?

They are practically alike with regard to overall statistics.

As I see it, Deron is a far better shooter and whenever you need the crunch 3-he's your man. He's also very tough, can drive to the basket, and a great oncourt leader.

Paul on the other hand, has this pissed off MJ like mean streak going with his game face and leadership on court. Its a sight to see and an intangible that no one can take for granted. He also might be a tad bit better with regard to leadership. And I believe he penetrates to the basket better.

Apart from Paul's last injury, they both look like very durable guys. They are both coached by two of the tougher coaches in the league, and maybe in history.

I would still take Paul. But Would not be unhappy with Deron. Somewhat like Oden and Durant.

Who would you select?
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Default Re: After Deron's stellar play this season, would you take him over Paul?

After this season? I would've taken Deron since Nov. 29, 2004
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:08 AM   #3
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Default Re: After Deron's stellar play this season, would you take him over Paul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
After this season? I would've taken Deron since Nov. 29, 2004

Yes after this season. What happened in 11 29 04?
Old 02-05-2007, 02:12 AM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
Yes after this season. What happened in 11 29 04?
Look it up.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:12 AM   #5
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

After their final college seasons, I would have taken Williams and Felton over Paul.

Right now I think it's pretty close between Williams and Paul, but you have to remember Paul is in a much tougher situation than Williams and has to do more with less.

Felton hasn't been given a full chance yet imo and will mature into a really good pg in the future. Don't think he will be at the level of the other two anymore however.

Basically it's almost a wash between Williams and Paul right now.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:13 AM   #6
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

I would still take Paul over Deron. I just think that Paul will be better in the long run. There is something about Paul that I like.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:28 AM   #7
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Look it up.

You look it up
Old 02-05-2007, 02:32 AM   #8
Fiyah
Kids at the park dunk on me

I'd take Paul

Deron's fat
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:45 AM   #9
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyah
I'd take Paul

Deron's fat

Deron's not fat at all. He's muscular. Notice he's not slow down the court.

A muscular player's less likely to get injured and can perform tasks better than a smaller player, and as long as they're not slow there's really no down side. So, this probably goes in Deron's favor.

Personally, I think everything's about even right now. It doesn't really matter which one you take, but I'd take Deron just because I forsee him improving more than Paul will.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:48 AM   #10
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

It's hard to choose at the moment because the Hornets aren't healthy. I'm sure Paul would have had an easier time this year since he'd have Peja and Chandler on the team, plus having Bobby Jackson back him up.

But i'd choose Deron Williams simply because I like the Jazz, and i'm extremely happy that he's playing so well this season.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:50 AM   #11
Force
National High School Star

Hard to say. Almost like a coin flip. I agree that Paul is in a tougher situation, but Deron is just great. When I first saw him as a rookie, he never really played like a rookie. Seems like a very smart and skilled player. Felton has been good too, but clearly at a level below CP3 and Deron. I think the Hornets are going to finish strong, they are rolling now, so we'll get to see more of what CP3 has.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:58 AM   #12
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Basically the way i look at this is after 10 years Chris Paul will still be fast and have his killer attitude but Deron Williams will gain weight or lose his atheletic ability due to age, he is already thick right now. That might slow him down and he will depend on smarts only and Paul will have the smarts and the atheletic ability still...soo am going for Paul.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:04 AM   #13
Force
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4
Deron Williams will gain weight or lose his atheletic ability due to age, he is already thick right now. That might slow him down and he will depend on smarts only and Paul will have the smarts and the atheletic ability still...soo am going for Paul.

Oh come on bro. You really think this whole Deron is "fat" thing is really as big of a deal as you are making it out to be?
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:07 AM   #14
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
Oh come on bro. You really think this whole Deron is "fat" thing is really as big of a deal as you are making it out to be?

Deron was fat in his rookie season. He trained like an animal this offseason and that shows his desire to get better. He is obviously a tough player based on this season. Therefore, I don't think his weight will be a problem over his career.

He's just as 'big' as Kidd or Baron Davis and they're quick as hell.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:17 AM   #15
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

I would take Chris Paul. Deron might be a good player, but Paul's presence is shown more on the court than Deron's.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: