Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
SacJB Shady
College superstar

Default Has monta Ellis lost a step?

Yea they won. But watching him go to the rim, he seems a full step slower. Actually I see him settling most of the time for jumpers. See this is why athleticism is over rates because monta is only 27, so that means that when you get a young guy, he's only gonna be fast for a few years. Actually monta seemed slower last year on the dubs and may e this is why he's only shooting 40 percent.

Or maybe he doesn't train at 100 percent in the offseason. He doesn't look like his old self and it's noticeable. Also he doesnt seem to be as agressive. Conditioning could be why too. Hes naturally small and built for running but if hes settling for Jumpers it could be a conditioning thing. It's actually a little sad to see but I guess it happens.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

Default Re: Has monta Ellis lost a step?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
Yea they won. But watching him go to the rim, he seems a full step slower. Actually I see him settling most of the time for jumpers. See this is why athleticism is over rates because monta is only 27, so that means that when you get a young guy, he's only gonna be fast for a few years. Actually monta seemed slower last year on the dubs and may e this is why he's only shooting 40 percent.

Or maybe he doesn't train at 100 percent in the offseason. He doesn't look like his old self and it's noticeable. Also he doesnt seem to be as agressive. Conditioning could be why too. Hes naturally small and built for running but if hes settling for Jumpers it could be a conditioning thing. It's actually a little sad to see but I guess it happens.
nope...when you play on a team with very little perimeter threats those driving lanes are smaller and smaller and you meet more people at the rim. THat's why he is settlong more. He and Brandn jennings jabe to throw up alot of bad shots to make things happen offensively for milwaukee
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
Pushxx
Pushxx

Like people predicted, a Jennings-Ellis backcourt isn't ideal.

Anybody who didn't see this coming...
Pushxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:32 AM   #4
Rowe
Scoring Champ

He still looks like the same Monta but the entire team has been a terrible fit for him since the trade. Just the pace that they play along with how a Jennings/Monta backcourt complements each other far worse than Curry/Monta.

Monta also doesnt seem interested being there longterm. I read that he has been staying in a hotel since the start of the season instead of renting a house or mansion and hasn't brought his wife & son up to Milwaukee to see him play. Apparently he & his wife live in Memphis.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:35 AM   #5
GreatGreg
College star

Jennings is flaming hot trash. Jamal Tinsley 2.0.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:36 AM   #6
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg

**** you. Jamaal's a beast.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:39 AM   #7
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
He still looks like the same Monta but the entire team has been a terrible fit for him since the trade. Just the pace that they play along with how a Jennings/Monta backcourt complements each other far worse than Curry/Monta.

Monta also doesnt seem interested being there longterm. I read that he has been staying in a hotel since the start of the season instead of renting a house or mansion and hasn't brought his wife & son up to Milwaukee to see him play. Apparently he & his wife live in Memphis.
They have always live there even when the Warriors gave him his long term contract.Apparently his wife is a cop in in Memphis or some type of job like that.

But ya Monta is going to opt out for sure.I also think he wouldnt mind coming off the bench to be on a winning team.
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:05 AM   #8
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

monta is so skinny he should be able to run off screens for days. He still looks quick as shit
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #9
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
**** you. Jamaal's a beast.

been a huge Tinsley fan since his Cyclone days.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:15 AM   #10
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg

lol they play nothing alike thats one of the worse comparisons I've ever seen, Jamal Tinsley is not trash he for the most part of his Indiana career was an above average PG. How can you call Tinsley or Jennings trash?
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: