Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Kovach
Decent playground baller

Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool
Default New Magic Johnson mix

Just stumbled upon it. Seems to be uploaded a few hours ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGrbHBNdEtk

Enjoy guys

Last edited by Kovach : 02-02-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation
Default Re: New Magic Johnson mix

no thanks. if i wanna see some magic i'll tune in to watch #24.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Kovach
Decent playground baller

Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool

I feel happy for you.
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Its a shame his career was shortened because of him sleeping with men
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Sick mix
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

WOW what a great find.......................
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Magic was such a beautiful, smooth basketball player.

No Frank Ocean.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

4:15 .... that ****ing pass...

pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

4:15, first time i thought youtube should have a slow motion.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Fantastic video, but most of those clips were taken from NPZ's "The Magic Man": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI (better quality too)
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Beautiful - an all time great.
G-train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Fantastic video, but most of those clips were taken from NPZ's "The Magic Man": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI (better quality too)

pretty interesting interview with the guy who made that video: http://hoopspeak.com/2011/11/mystery-man-the-magic-man/
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Has there ever been a more fitting nickname for an athlete?

His vision was incredible. He saw passing lanes that I can't even see from the tv broadcast. How he sees it with a defender on his ass, I can't even comprehend.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #14
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
pretty interesting interview with the guy who made that video: http://hoopspeak.com/2011/11/mystery-man-the-magic-man/
Good stuff. This part resonated:

Quote:
ESS: For years, I worshipped at the alter of the four-ish Magic Johnson fastbreak passes that were replayed again and again. Your video revealed how much I’d been missing. Prior to making this, did it bother you that our collective picture of his greatness was so incomplete?

NPZ: It did. We all have seen the same 30 or so Magic highlights over and over, even from NBA-produced vids. Here’s the thing with Magic, though. These clips were culled from about 75 games give or take. I knew some plays that I wanted to put in there for sure, but one could take any 75 game sample and come up with a different batch of highlights of the same basic quality. His routine stuff was the nightly highlight for many reputed passers who came after him.

So many of the all-time greats seem to get boiled down into 20-30 plays that many of us then interpret as being the coolest 20-30 things they'd ever done, with nothing but the semi-routine to fill in everything else. I used to assume the same thing. I can picture the four or so passes the interviewer is referencing (one being the no-look, ball-on-a-platter shuffle). I figured, if ESPN doesn't have their hands on deeper, cooler footage, then there must not be any deeper or cooler footage out there. This 15 minute Magic highlight clip is a great example of how many pieces and memories of player's games we may be missing out on.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #15
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Awesome!!!!

Watching Magic as a kid made me fall in love with the game of B-Ball. There still is not a player I enjoyed watching more then Magic and the Showtime Lakers.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: