Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default are there any pain pre-cursors to an ACL tear?

For those of you who have had an ACL tear and/or have sports medicinal knowledge:

I'm talking about the kind of non-contact tears like in the cases of Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, Lou Williams, etc. Where a player plants their foot somewhat normally and the ACL just gives out.

Does it always happen spontaneously or is there ever a sensation in the knee that may warn of an impending tear?
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: are there any pain pre-cursors to an ACL tear?

The knee just gives out(pops), i don't think there are any warning signs before the tear
Of course if you don't haven't trained your knee appropriately or warmed up properly you have a higher risk of tearing your acl
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
The knee just gives out(pops), i don't think there are any warning signs before the tear
Of course if you don't haven't trained your knee appropriately or warmed up properly you have a higher risk of tearing your acl

That sucks. So unpredictable.

You would think with all that running and cutting from the point guard position, they would have adequately trained their knees as a natural byproduct.

I guess there are no specific exercises to safeguard from an injury like that. Just a freak thing that occurs.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's no warning. You just feel the pop. Same for MCL, LCL, etc.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Depends people to people but yah for me it was one hell of a pain but I've been through a lot of shit like this anyway went to the doctor and we decided I should just put a brace on it and skip the surgery, I didn't give a fukc about sports anyway.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

since there's gonna be sports injury experts reading this thread I'll ask in here:

Lately when I wake up and take my first few steps after waking up I have pain in the middle area of my left foot. What does this mean? makes me think im getting plantar fascitis
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend

You would think with all that running and cutting from the point guard position, they would have adequately trained their knees as a natural byproduct.
They probably have, professional athletes also specifically train their knee ligaments to prevent such injuries but still one weird landing and it's over
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
since there's gonna be sports injury experts reading this thread I'll ask in here:

Lately when I wake up and take my first few steps after waking up I have pain in the middle area of my left foot. What does this mean? makes me think im getting plantar fascitis

I'll wait and let the Phoenix Suns medical staff members answer your question. Some of them are members of this forum.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
blablabla

Quote:

Do you have flat feet ?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
They probably have, professional athletes also specifically train their knee ligaments to prevent such injuries but still one weird landing and it's over

Strange how one can have a weird landing and just come away with a sprain or knee twist, yet some guys have straight-legged landings with no bends and come away with an ACL tear.

I wish I understood the mechanics of it all. It would seem as if the tear would be a gradual process from such a routine landing causing a devastating result. Hmm, the human body and its mysteries.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Do you have flat feet ?

naw

I recently bought some KD Vs and been hooping in them maybe that's the problem? iunno
Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
blablabla

Quote:
naw

I recently bought some KD Vs and been hooping in them maybe that's the problem? iunno
Could be the problem, see an expert if the pain worsens

Last edited by blablabla : 02-02-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #13
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
I'll wait and let the Phoenix Suns medical staff members answer your question. Some of them are members of this forum.

TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #14
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Does the pain disappear after you warmed up or is it persistend?
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #15
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
Does the pain disappear after you warmed up or is it persistend?

disappears
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: