Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Um....the Washington Wizards....are good now?

I was so p-ssed the Knicks lost to the freakin' lowly Wizards...in a pathetic effort.

But actually....the Wizards...well, are actually good now? Remember when the Wizards were 4 - 28 ? They are 9 - 7 in last 16 games and look at these games:

OKC - WIN
Atlanta - WIN
Orlando - WIN
Sacramento - LOSS - 2 points on road
Denver - WIN
Clippers - LOSS by 7 on road
Portland - WIN
Utah - LOSS by 4 on road
Minny - WIN
Chicago - WIN
Sacramento - LOSS by 2
Philly - LOSS by 8 on road
Memphis - LOSS by 9 on road
San Antonio - LOSS by 10 on road
Clippers - WIN
New York - WIN

Bolded are teams above .500.

I picked Wizards as an 8th seed beginning of the year, which looked really stupid, but now we see the REAL Wizards.

OK, I feel better about last night.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: Um....the Washington Wizards....are good now?

Knicks lost to the Wizards.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
MtMutombo
I airball my layups

MtMutombo has an OK reputation so far

MtMutombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Nene missed the first 9 games, and Wall missed the first 30 or so games. Their initial crapiness is pretty easy to explain. It would be like the Cavs playing without Kyrie Irving, which they are 2-9 this season I believe.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

Yes, they are good now...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
KrizMiz
Serious playground baller

KrizMiz has no real reputation yet.

early in the season they lost 7 games with 1 or 2 points :/ never were that bad!
KrizMiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Once Wall returned, the whole dynamic of that team changed. I can tell you first hand that they're a dangerous team.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
But actually....the Wizards...well, are actually good now? Remember when the Wizards were 4 - 28 ? They are 9 - 7 in last 16 games and look at these games:
Their entire starting lineup has been injured almost the entire season. And they don't have much of a bench. If the Blazers had 3 or 4 starters out for 80% of their games, and Lillard out for all of them, they wouldn't have a great record either.

Their roster is filled with players we all know to be good, like Nene and Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza. Then got John Wall at the point. A pretty good rookie in Bradley Beal. Decent sixth man Jordan Crawford. Most projected them to make the playoffs.

Their roster is still incurably mediocre, though. It would take a miracle trade or two of the kind only Lakers and Celtics are known to pull off for them to be truly relevant. Their absolute ceiling is Chris Paul's Hornets.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
roffie
Local High School Star

roffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat cool

it's about time wizards!
roffie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #11
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

they would have been competing for a playoff spot if they werent so injured all year. in the east, maybe 6th or 7th seed.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #12
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wall is and likely will continue to be under rated as hell.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #13
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Nene missed the first 9 games, and Wall missed the first 30 or so games. Their initial crapiness is pretty easy to explain. It would be like the Cavs playing without Kyrie Irving, which they are 2-9 this season I believe.

They were in 2-8 before he went down.

But I see your point...goes to show how beyond embarrassing it was to not trade for James Harden...if that's legit. Holy shit.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

its good to see them start getting back on track. I hope Beal continues to improve for them. I'd hate to see them just become mediocre again.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

They were without NENE & John wall for the beginning of the season.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: