Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Nets & Bobcats for some reason discussing Humphries for Gordon trade

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

Sources: Nets & Bobcats discussing Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries trade. Nothing imminent but talks ongoing. Story on espn.con shortly

HE HAS SOURCES.

This is one of those that is so inconsequential i believe it because why make it up but i don't get it at all.

Years and dollars are almost exactly the same, players could be swapped with no other pieces included.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nets & Bobcats for some reason discussing Humphries for Gordon trade

Why do the Nets seem to hate Humphries so much?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Nets & Bobcats for some reason discussing Humphries for Gordon trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

Sources: Nets & Bobcats discussing Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries trade. Nothing imminent but talks ongoing. Story on espn.con shortly

HE HAS SOURCES.

This is one of those that is so inconsequential i believe it because why make it up but i don't get it at all.

I guess Charlotte says "Why not?"...Quality for the Nets. May as well trade Marshon then. Haha, maybe trade both for Gordon and like Henderson or something. Wouldn't actually be too bad...move Johnson to the 3, start Henderson, move Wallace to the 4, Evans off the bench...not awful. Not especially great but I'm bored and I wanna see Brooks play already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Why do the Nets seem to hate Humphries so much?

Ever heard him speak? lol
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Yeah, you're right. Doesn't seem to make much sense.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I guess Charlotte says "Why not?"...Quality for the Nets. May as well trade Marshon then. Haha, maybe trade both for Gordon and like Henderson or something. Wouldn't actually be too bad...move Johnson to the 3, start Henderson, move Wallace to the 4, Evans off the bench...not awful. Not especially great but I'm bored and I wanna see Brooks play already.

Seems like a lateral move at best. Marshon never plays so Gordon can never play instead of him. And the Nets have more scoring and less size.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

Nets hate him the same reason the Yankees hated Posada that last year and A-Rod now - they paid him too much. When he made a few million a year and was energy and effort (and bad team padded stats) he was their favorite, at $12M per he's irritating.

I think he's an uber douche but i'd rather him on my Knicks than Gordon if i had a choice. I thought he was going to be a centerpiece to get a better player too.

Billy King likes making trades - Net fans be scared.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Seems like a lateral move at best. Marshon never plays so Gordon can never play instead of him. And the Nets have more scoring and less size.

I don't think they bring in Gordon, at his contract, to not play. I think he's gotten a bit of a raw deal these last few years. Chicago kinda dropped him and he made the mistake to go to Detroit. But the buy can shoot and the boy can score and he's clutch. He's legit. As a 6th man, he should be winning that award every year. The only guy who should be taking it from his Manu, who should be starting.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Well yeah, he's a tool but he doesn't seem to have chemistry issues with teammates or anything.

They were hesitant on re-signing him, looked into a sign and trade, then begrudgingly signed him. He's making 12 million this year and is getting less than 20 minutes per game.

12 million for a guy that averaged a double-double the last two years, and you don't play him. I don't get it.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

He's one of the best rebounders on the league. Very consistent on the boards. Miami or Boston could've used him.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #10
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Well yeah, he's a tool but he doesn't seem to have chemistry issues with teammates or anything.

They were hesitant on re-signing him, looked into a sign and trade, then begrudgingly signed him. He's making 12 million this year and is getting less than 20 minutes per game.

12 million for a guy that averaged a double-double the last two years, and you don't play him. I don't get it.

Reggie Evans is better. Always has been, always will be. I said that before the year and people tried to justify the move. I guess it works if you can get a discarded guy like Gordon, who can be a scoring monster in a good situation.

And I think he has some issues with his teammates. I don't think he's that popular and he's annoying. He should be playing more, but he doesn't need to play that much more.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Reggie Evans is better. Always has been, always will be. I said that before the year and people tried to justify the move. I guess it works if you can get a discarded guy like Gordon, who can be a scoring monster in a good situation.

And I think he has some issues with his teammates. I don't think he's that popular and he's annoying. He should be playing more, but he doesn't need to play that much more.

You're really overselling Gordon. His moment came and went with Chicago several years ago. He's a solid player off the bench but he's not a "scoring monster" nor will he ever be again. He's ok. He'd be better than the 200 year old men manning the backup guards for the nets but so would Marshon if they'd just let him play 15 minutes a game every game.

The problem with Evans is in the playoffs teams are going to play off him to double Lopez. Miami specifically ignores him on defense except to box out. I think having a change up in Hump would be beneficial, or even more beneficial a better starting 4 so Evans can be the guy off the bench and not be relied on as much.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #12
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

CLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected poster

I would love this for the Bobcats from a draft prospective, it would create great flexibility.

Heck, Humphries is a great rebounder and can put up a lot more points alongside Biyombo than Lopez. Lets get this done.
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:

I agree that Evans is better (and cheaper), defense and rebounding to balance Brook's lack on the defensive side.

I guess I could understand them wanting to move him, but they could do better than Ben Gordon. Gordon is going down hill.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #14
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
I agree that Evans is better (and cheaper), defense and rebounding to balance Brook's lack on the defensive side.

I guess I could understand them wanting to move him, but they could do better than Ben Gordon. Gordon is going down hill.

This. He was supposed to be used with pieces for Millsap or something like that and instead he's going for Gordon.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

Nets, Bobcats discuss Ben Gordon
Updated: February 8, 2013, 4:40 PM ET
By Chris Broussard | ESPN The Magazine

Email
Print

The Nets and Bobcats have had discussions about a trade that would send Charlotte's Ben Gordon to Brooklyn for Kris Humphries, according to league sources.

The talks are ongoing, but sources said no trade is imminent.

Nets Blog

Nets Looking for more Nets news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

A Gordon-for-Humphries trade works financially as both players make $12 million a year.

The Nets' interest in Gordon stems from their need for better ways to space the floor. Ranked 21st in the league in 3-point shooting, Brooklyn regularly has seen opponents clog the lane.

Gordon, who is averaging 13.1 points per game for Charlotte, is shooting 41.7 percent from beyond the arc and would open up things inside for the Nets. Brooklyn envisions Gordon as a third guard who would come off the bench and play a role similar to those played by J.R. Smith with the New York Knicks and Jason Terry with the Boston Celtics.

The move also would also give the Nets the option of going small with Gerald Wallace, Joe Johnson, Deron Williams and Gordon joining Brook Lopez at the end of games.

The Nets view Humphries, who is averaging 6.0 points and 6.4 rebounds a game, as expendable because he and Reggie Evans are similar-styled players.

Charlotte is looking for frontcourt help and feels it has enough guards with Kemba Walker, Ramon Sessions and Gerald Henderson to survive losing its third-leading scorer.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: