Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Knicksfever2010
Decent college freshman

Knicksfever2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKnicksfever2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default "hear the whistle and throw it up"?

I hate when commentators say, "he heard the whistle and threw it up" meaning he attempted a shot after the whistle blew. I'M SORRY but that clearly means he wasn't in the act of shooting during the fool.

I really hope the NBA reviews these plays and tries to change the rules. It is annoying as heck watching these guys get continuations.
Knicksfever2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "hear the whistle and throw it up"?

I think for the most of the time it means the player was already on the way to the hoop with the intention to shoot.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
Hittin_Shots
National High School Star

Hittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
I hate when commentators say, "he heard the whistle and threw it up" meaning he attempted a shot after the whistle blew. I'M SORRY but that clearly means he wasn't in the act of shooting during the fool.

I really hope the NBA reviews these plays and tries to change the rules. It is annoying as heck watching these guys get continuations.

The NBA will not review a continuation, its the refs call.
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010

I think you can be in motion, but not having actually shot the ball yet, before the whistle and it still counts as a continuation.

Anyone know the exact rule?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has no real reputation yet.

It was actually a lot worse last year and before that and they changed the rule I believe and now they don't give players ridiculous amounts of continuation.

At least that's what their plan was...and it was working for the first month or so of the season. But i've seen some ridiculous continuation called recently and they are kinda going back to their old ways.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: