Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
lbj4kb8
Decent playground baller

lbj4kb8 has decent reputationlbj4kb8 has decent reputation
Default Useful/Useless Knowledge Game!

The object of this game is to see who can answer random questions WITHOUT using the internet/books/friend/family/teacher, etc.
Rule #1: Use the knowledge you already know
Rule #2: Questions should be about every day things that you think about such as "why is the sky blue?" or "why do my veins look blue?"

My questions is: why do people get a stomach ache when doing physical activity after eating a big meal?
lbj4kb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Useful/Useless Knowledge Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj4kb8
The object of this game is to see who can answer random questions WITHOUT using the internet/books/friend/family/teacher, etc.
Rule #1: Use the knowledge you already know
Rule #2: Questions should be about every day things that you think about such as "why is the sky blue?" or "why do my veins look blue?"

My questions is: why do people get a stomach ache when doing physical activity after eating a big meal?

I know the answer to both of those questions. But not the stomach one.

If I were guessing I would say that it has something to do with the energy that would normally be used for digestion is transferred to your muscles which makes your stomach uncomfortable. But I am probably wrong about that?

Last edited by miller-time : 02-11-2013 at 10:51 PM.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

The sky isn't blue it is whatever color that gets reflected. Sometimes the sky has no color at all, other times it is red/yellow/orange/blue
MMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A dick swells up when it is engorged with blood, but why does it get so hard when blood is a liquid?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
lbj4kb8
Decent playground baller

lbj4kb8 has decent reputationlbj4kb8 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
A dick swells up when it is engorged with blood, but why does it get so hard when blood is a liquid?

The same idea with a bottle of soda or a garden hose when it's turned on (no pun intended). Yes, blood is a liquid but the pressure it creates when rushing to the ***** causes the ***** to become hard.
lbj4kb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
miller-time

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why do we always see the same side of the moon?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time

Does the earths gravity keep it from rotating? Like when planets are very close to their star?
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #8
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why does the emoticon banana sometimes dance and sometimes is frozen still while all the other animated emoticons consistently move?
(Note: it is not currently dancing for me at the time of this post)
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #9
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

because when the other side is facing earth is day time.

Note: I think i could of worded the above better but am too lazy to actually do it at this time. I hope you can understand what i mean.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #10
miller-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Does the earths gravity keep it from rotating? Like when planets are very close to their star?

No, that is almost the exact opposite of what is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM

Note: I think i could of worded the above better but am too lazy to actually do it at this time. I hope you can understand what i mean.

I get what you mean, but that is also not the reason (in fact you can see the moon in the day sometimes).
Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #11
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM

I know what you mean, but it is so off it is funny
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #12
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
No, that is almost the exact opposite of what is happening.

The moons gravity stops the earth from rotating
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #13
Myth

Quote:

Pretty much. The more detailed reason is a pretty interesting read: http://www.wisegeek.com/why-does-the...-the-earth.htm
Old 02-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
miller-time

Quote:
The moons gravity stops the earth from rotating

I'm pretty sure that is actually a thing. But it has nothing to do with this question, even if the Earth wasn't rotating we would still see the same face all of the time.

This video gives a good visual explanation of what is happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZIB_leg75Q

Last edited by miller-time : 02-11-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #15
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Pretty much. The more detailed reason is a pretty interesting read: http://www.wisegeek.com/why-does-the...-the-earth.htm

I see where my confusion came from
the other side of the moon(far side) is getting daylight in the scenario I mentioned
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: