Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-13-2013, 05:10 AM   #1
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here
Default Growing up a minority

I'm a white american dude.
Every school I have ever gone to and everywhere that I've lived, white people number maybe 20% max. My university is maybe 20% white people with the majority being black, about 50%.

How come "minorities" who are actually in the majority now, are still entitled to special benefits and privileges that the "majority" (actually the minority now) isn't? My school has a Black Student representative and tons of scholarships given to only black people, academic funding I am unable to apply for due to the color of my skin.

In LA, every court I stepped on to where I didnt know the people, everyone always called me 'white boy' or "whitey". If I was black and everyone just said "hey black kid, give up the rock black kid" that would be considered racist as shit, but "minorities" are allowed by society to say racial slurs and basically given a free pass.

White people in most of the western world are a minority now, a minority that receives no special privileges and no affirmative action. Will affirmative action ever be done away with? All it does is serve to enforce racial separation. I get punished simply because my skin color by not being given a fair chance in jobs due to affirmative action quotas allowing people less qualified then me to get a job due to their skin color. There are several scholarships I can't apply for because of my skin color.

Wasn't the civil rights movement supposed to stop this shit?
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Growing up a minority

Don't know which one is more appropriate out of the following:

I'll revert back to the classic on this one I suppose

andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 AM   #3
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Am I supposed to believe you care about equality because I haven't seen that sentiment being evident in your posting. Seems more likely you want equality at the expense of others which is the same thing you are criticizing.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 AM   #4
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lol what a clown...

Why don't u get off your a$s and organize an all white civil rights movement? You can even make nifty comic book pamphlets to hand out during your protests.

"We will not stand for this! White is right, we must fight!"

And all kinds of other retarded chants you can come up with
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Am I supposed to believe you care about equality because I haven't seen that sentiment being evident in your posting. Seems more likely you want equality at the expense of others which is the same thing you are criticizing.
just true equality at the expense of no one.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #6
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
just true equality at the expense of no one.

except that is not evident in your post history. In fact the opposite is reflected far more than the above sentiment.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #7
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
except that is not evident in your post history. In fact the opposite is reflected far more than the above sentiment.
how so?

I think race or gender should not have any bearing in terms of people getting chosen for jobs, or as a requirement to applying for academic scholarships, only merit.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:29 AM   #8
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
how so?

I think race or gender should not have any bearing in terms of people getting chosen for jobs, or as a requirement to applying for academic scholarships, only merit.

That is not the only definition of equality
Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #9
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol at this loser blaming the world for his problems
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #10
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I no longer have any white male friends. Shit's rough.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #11
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
lol at this loser blaming the world for his problems
Isn't that what minorities have always done throughout history?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #12
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Isn't that what minorities have always done throughout history?
You tell me, you are the super genius
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:41 AM   #13
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Going by your posts I have a hard time believing you could actually get any kind of scholarship. In other words...you're a ****ing dumb ass.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #14
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Black people in the 50s were mocked when they said they wanted equal opportunities and equal rights too. Now white people are getting mocked for wanting the same thing. How ironic. History moves in circles
Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 AM   #15
DonD13
glew up ☆

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so do you feel you get discriminated? Do you think you have less of a chance getting a job than a black person or a mexican?
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: