Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
jerky10
Decent playground baller
 
jerky10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 348
Default Interesting Darius Miles fact

Darius Miles was the Mr. Basketball in the state of Illinois in 2000. According to wikipedia, at that year Dwayne Wade was No. 7 in the voting for the award. Can you imagine that?
jerky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,227
Default Re: Interesting fact

Wade didnt hit his stride until he went to marquette. Darius Miles was a straight from high school lottery pick.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 711
Default Re: Interesting fact

Apparently, Darius Miles peaked at 17.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
The Answer
National High School Star
 
The Answer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1,573
Default Re: Interesting fact

Had Miles gone to college how do you think his NBA career would have panned out?
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,991
Default Re: Interesting fact

I remember how Reece Gaines was > than Wade until his junior year too.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,227
Default Re: Interesting fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
Had Miles gone to college how do you think his NBA career would have panned out?

interesting question.

this could work either way because in college you learn to refine your skills and become better. but if you go to the wrong system where the coach wants you to play a certain way which doesnt fit your style, it could hurt your growth and mess up whatever potential you had in the first place.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #7
shaqman
I brick open layups
 
shaqman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 91
Default Re: Interesting fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
interesting question.

this could work either way because in college you learn to refine your skills and become better. but if you go to the wrong system where the coach wants you to play a certain way which doesnt fit your style, it could hurt your growth and mess up whatever potential you had in the first place.

this is an excellent point. he could have done well with a year or two in college, but oh well
shaqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: Interesting fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqman
this is an excellent point. he could have done well with a year or two in college, but oh well

No he wouldnt have.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:49 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 26,675
Default Re: Interesting fact

some players need college some players are developed enough and mature enough to come straight from high school.. bynum is a prime example, he's growing as a player on the lakers but from reading about him watching him i can see a player that would have benefitted from a couple years spent with a good fundamentals coach and time spent with his peers.. darius always struck me as a guy that had his own agenda and wasn't going to deviate from it no matter what.. so for him i'd say college would have been a waste of time
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #10
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef
 
Xsatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,099
Default Re: Interesting fact

I still think Miles can be a pretty good player but it is probably just lack of motivation. I never see this guy play with any intensity or heart.
Xsatyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: Interesting fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
I still think Miles can be a pretty good player but it is probably just lack of motivation. I never see this guy play with any intensity or heart.

Unless its a Nike commercial.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #12
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star
 
SsKSpurs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Antonio GO SPURS GO!
Posts: 2,227
Default Re: Interesting fact

"you invite those freak honeys from Mount Julio?" -Darius Miles' line in Van Wilder.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #13
shaqman
I brick open layups
 
shaqman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 91
Default Re: Interesting fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No he wouldnt have.

I think if he had gone to a decent college, he could have honed his skills, and been better.
shaqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: Interesting fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqman
I think if he had gone to a decent college, he could have honed his skills, and been better.

What makes you think that? Tyrus Thomas sure didnt. I just dont think he has what it takes between the ears really. Dont care where he went to school and how beneficial the situation may have been.

And I'm just havign a hard time dealing with him not being able to hone his skills in the NBA. How hard is it to improve over the offseason?

Grab a basketball, a trainer and go to work. Grab a remote, turn on a tv and study film. Its basic.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #15
shaqman
I brick open layups
 
shaqman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 91
Default Re: Interesting fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What makes you think that? Tyrus Thomas sure didnt. I just dont think he has what it takes between the ears really. Dont care where he went to school and how beneficial the situation may have been.

And I'm just havign a hard time dealing with him not being able to hone his skills in the NBA. How hard is it to improve over the offseason?

Grab a basketball, a trainer and go to work. Grab a remote, turn on a tv and study film. Its basic.

I guess, but the
NBA is more fast paced than college, which is faster paced than High School, if you skip the college level, that is a big leap in skill level.
shaqman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy