Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Default I hate stupid parents

I have a younger sister in elementary school and she got sick from school because there is a "no vaccine" movement going on with the mothers because the school started to require it(she goes to a private school). Anyways, there's a small scale outbreak and about ten students got sick including my sister. Now I got sick, and I feel ****ing terrible. Why are parents so stupid? Should vaccinations be required?
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: I hate stupid parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
I have a younger sister in elementary school and she got sick from school because there is a "no vaccine" movement going on with the mothers because the school started to require it(she goes to a private school). Anyways, there's a small scale outbreak and about ten students got sick including my sister. Now I got sick, and I feel ****ing terrible. Why are parents so stupid? Should vaccinations be required?

If you and your sister are vaccinated against whatever it is then you shouldn't be sick.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

You just got the flu so quit bitching and drink some juice.

Many vaccines haven't had 20 year studies done, and could cause damage that we don't know about. If you don't get vaccinated, you could get sick. There's a possibility of being screwed either way.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Legend of Josh
Banned

I'm against vaccinations. Just me personally. I mean, I'm all for prolonging life, but we've survived and even thrived this long without them, so why implement them now? To me, the downside possibilities of mass vaccinations outweighs the potential positive outcomes.

If the president restricted his own daughters from receiving vaccinations, then he's getting advice from some serious authorities on such things to NOT allow them to receive such. Come on folks, connect the dots.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

What vaccines are we talking about? The usual childhood ones (measles, mumps, rubella, polio, etc)? Or are you just talking about the flu? The flu vaccine is voluntary as it should be. That being said I always get it (I'm at a higher risk as a healthcare worker).
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello

- You got Vaccinated as did your sister..... now you both got sick..

- who's the one that's stupid?......

- News Flash retard!....Injecting Kids with Vaccines does more harm then Good....This is not the 1800's.....we do not need to inject Kids with dangerous Chemicals while thier bodys are still developing.

- I'm sorry your parents were sheep and beleived the Money Machine Doctors that told them to Vaccinate you and your sister.....it obviosly didn't work.

( because you can still get the Virus even though you have been vaccinated....dipshit)

- Please if you have Kids one day...do not get them Vaccinated....do the research , unless you live in a 3rd world country with no Fresh Water/Food source.....thier is no need to.

eat healthy and be happy( your kids will build a stronger immune sytem).......most meddicine's are far worse then the original problem.

as to why injecting Thymerisol and other Chemicals into a newborn should be banned for ever in America.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #7
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
What vaccines are we talking about? The usual childhood ones (measles, mumps, rubella, polio, etc)? Or are you just talking about the flu? The flu vaccine is voluntary as it should be. That being said I always get it (I'm at a higher risk as a healthcare worker).

- even the Flu Vaccine....it might help you but most likely not, also it only helps resist Last years Flu....

- They grow the Flu Virus in rotten eggs ....no thanks.....i'll exercise and eat right...let the other morons get a F'ing Virus grown in Rotten eggs injected in them...

- No wonder Merica has so many crazy people.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
Droid101
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

- News Flash retard!....Injecting Kids with Vaccines does more harm then Good....This is not the 1800's.....we do not need to inject Kids with dangerous Chemicals while thier bodys are still developing.

- I'm sorry your parents were sheep and beleived the Money Machine Doctors that told them to Vaccinate you and your sister.....it obviosly didn't work.

( because you can still get the Virus even though you have been vaccinated....dipshit)

- Please if you have Kids one day...do not get them Vaccinated....do the research , unless you live in a 3rd world country with no Fresh Water/Food source.....thier is no need to.

eat healthy and be happy( your kids will build a stronger immune sytem).......most meddicine's are far worse then the original problem.

as to why injecting Thymerisol and other Chemicals into a newborn should be banned for ever in America.
Shut your ****ing mouth.

Vaccinate. It saves lives.

Some people can't get vaccinated, being allergic or whatnot. You're contributing to them dying or getting polio or some awful, terrible shit by not vaccinating.

Herd Immunity - read about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

Here is the death toll from idiotic anti-vaxxers (Namely Jenny McCarthy): http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.co...ount/Home.html
Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I'm against vaccinations. Just me personally. I mean, I'm all for prolonging life, but we've survived and even thrived this long without them, so why implement them now? To me, the downside possibilities of mass vaccinations outweighs the potential positive outcomes.

If the president restricted his own daughters from receiving vaccinations, then he's getting advice from some serious authorities on such things to NOT allow them to receive such. Come on folks, connect the dots.

Yep. For about the first 100.000 years of human existence the average life expectancy was about 20 years.

Why change up folks? The negatives outweigh the positives! Connect the dots!
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
shlver
코비=GOAT

Yes vaccination should be a requirement. I think every state requires you to get vaccinations for some illnesses if you want to go to public schools. Not vaccinating is a public health issue especially in an environment like a school.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #11
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

I think you need to research vaccinations. You have a lot of misconceptions about vaccinations.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #12
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Yep. For about the first 100.000 years of human existence the average life expectancy was about 20 years.

Why change up folks? The negatives outweigh the positives! Connect the dots!

LOL, explain to me how the flu vaccine (which is what we're talking about in here) has prolonged the average life expectancy from 20 to 30 years to 70 to 80 years?

How many people die from the flu on an annual basis?

Sanitation and proper knowledge of germs has been the principle catalyst in prolonging human life, not vaccinations.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #13
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
LOL, explain to me how the flu vaccine (which is what we're talking about in here) has prolonged the average life expectancy from 20 to 30 years to 70 to 80 years?

How many people die from the flu on an annual basis?

Sanitation and proper knowledge of germs has been the principle catalyst in prolonging human life, not vaccinations.
A lot of people die from the flu every year, mostly people with weakened immune systems, etc. Those who are in high risk categories take the vaccination voluntarily. Obviously, the flu vaccine will never be mandated but parents who do not vaccinate their children should be subject to legal sanctions as they are putting children around them at risk.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #14
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
If you and your sister are vaccinated against whatever it is then you shouldn't be sick.
That isn't true. You can still get sick even if you get vaccinated.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #15
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlver
That isn't true. You can still get sick even if you get vaccinated.

Yet, you believe vaccinations should be mandated?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: