Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Blake, Duhon, Morris......Rank them.

I'm not sold on any of them so I am curious about you guys opinions.....so rank them and tell why.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blake, Duhon, Morris......Rank them.

Blake is best of the three without a doubt.

There was a play last night that shows what set him apart from the other two. On a 2on1 fast break Blake was first guy down with the ball, he drew the defender as he went up for a layup but instead passed around his back for an open Kobe.

Morris doesn't have the brain cells to make this play, he's just like Metta on a fast break all crash and burn. Same with Joodie Meeks, these guys ability to be creative on fast breaks is insanely bad.

Duhon is just too old and can't drive with any speed.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Blake is best of the three without a doubt.

There was a play last night that shows what set him apart from the other two. On a 2on1 fast break Blake was first guy down with the ball, he drew the defender as he went up for a layup but instead passed around his back for an open Kobe.

Morris doesn't have the brain cells to make this play, he's just like Metta on a fast break all crash and burn. Same with Joodie Meeks, these guys ability to be creative on fast breaks is insanely bad.

Duhon is just too old and can't drive with any speed.

Very good points
Old 02-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Blake, duhon, then Morris.

Blake has shown his commitment to defending some of the quickest guards, and he's come away successful many times. His outside shooting is more consistent than the other two, and his iq is pretty good. Duhon is a good passer and has had some games this year where he came away with 10 assists. His defense and outside shooting aren't reliable which is what puts Blake above him. D-mo is a very athletic youngin with amazing ball handling abilities. His iq needs improvement and so does his outside shot. He's still raw anyways and would be better off ranked next season and not this one. So right now he's number three.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Blake, duhon, then Morris.

Blake has shown his commitment to defending some of the quickest guards, and he's come away successful many times. His outside shooting is more consistent than the other two, and his iq is pretty good. Duhon is a good passer and has had some games this year where he came away with 10 assists. His defense and outside shooting aren't reliable which is what puts Blake above him. D-mo is a very athletic youngin with amazing ball handling abilities. His iq needs improvement and so does his outside shot. He's still raw anyways and would be better off ranked next season and not this one. So right now he's number three.

Ok, I hear what you're saying, good points.

Let me add that Blake's FG% and 3pt% are his highest since he joined the Lakers, his 3pt% of .415 is solid......and long overdue.

I'm not the least bit impressed with his ball handling or composure under pressure.

You give Blake credit for defense, this is the only part I really disagree with.
He doesn't have the speed to stay with guys, doesn't have the will or muscle to body-up a guy, he doesn't close out well on shooters and doesn't know how to or is unwilling to take a charge. He cannot jump, so he cannot change a shot or make it difficult because he doesn't close out. These factors make him a poor defender.
DFish, before age hit him, lacked in some of these areas but where he excelled was being able to body-up, close out on a shooter and take a charge.....this made him a very good.....not great defender.
I know the NBA is trying to eliminate flopping, but taking a charge is still legal, it's pathetic to now see guys running away and letting guys dunk at full speed from the 3pt line instead of getting in front and at least making a guy change direction. This is the part of the soft ass NBA that I am hating....remember I'm used to old school ball where there were no flagrant fouls and no BS restricted arc under the basket. Taking charges can change a game as much as shot blocking....maybe more because if done properly it puts guys like Blake Griffin in foul trouble and makes them hesitant to drive.

Last edited by DKLaker : 02-15-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Ok, I hear what you're saying, good points.

Let me add that Blake's FG% and 3pt% are his highest since he joined the Lakers, his 3pt% of .415 is solid......and long overdue.

I'm not the least bit impressed with his ball handling or composure under pressure.

You give Blake credit for defense, this is the only part I really disagree with.
He doesn't have the speed to stay with guys, doesn't have the will or muscle to body-up a guy, he doesn't close out well on shooters and doesn't know how to or is unwilling to take a charge. He cannot jump, so he cannot change a shot or make it difficult because he doesn't close out. These factors make him a poor defender.
DFish, before age hit him, lacked in some of these areas but where he excelled was being able to body-up, close out on a shooter and take a charge.....this made him a very good.....not great defender.
I know the NBA is trying to eliminate flopping, but taking a charge is still legal, it's pathetic to now see guys running away and letting guys dunk at full speed from the 3pt line instead of getting in front and at least making a guy change direction. This is the part of the soft ass NBA that I am hating....remember I'm used to old school ball where there were no flagrant fouls and no BS restricted arc under the basket. Taking charges can change a game as much as shot blocking....maybe more because if done properly it puts guys like Blake Griffin in foul trouble and makes them hesitant to drive.

Agreed on all points. Notice though when someone attacks, Steve Blake isn't afraid to get physical with them. He's kinda pesky. Like Sasha kinda.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
DKLaker

Quote:
Agreed on all points. Notice though when someone attacks, Steve Blake isn't afraid to get physical with them. He's kinda pesky. Like Sasha kinda.

Haha.....I know I will get crap about this but I really miss "The Machine"
Old 02-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Haha.....I know I will get crap about this but I really miss "The Machine"
Me too man. He had swag, even when he sucked. I miss farmar too. Those guys refused to lose because of how confident they were. This current team we have is not the same.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I actually miss Sasha too. I've said forever without him the Lakers would've had a really hard time beating Boston. It was him being able to play defense (which Fish couldn't....) that gave the Lakers a slight advantage situationally.

As for the original topic, I think Blake has been playing the best offensively lately. He's been the best playmaker of the group in recent games. Defensively that is definitely Morris. He's far stronger, faster, more athletic, and gets through screens better. Duhon is completely done in the NBA. I'm just not impressed with him. I think if Morris had the experience he would be the best by far. It's Blakes veteran experience that has given him a slight edge. Long term though, Morris is the guy to have around.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #10
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Duhon must be traded for a 2nd round draft pick or just cut. Morris needs to be pushed down the bench to 11th man or something. He is no better than a 11th man on a decent team.

Blake is a solid backup PG that I have no problem with off the bench.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
DKLaker

Quote:

Yeah....but Blake's seems like it's all for show, Sasha was crazy, he had that soccer player mentality like he would really headbutt or bite someone
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: