Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
20Four
Jameer is my bitch

20Four is considered somewhat cool20Four is considered somewhat cool20Four is considered somewhat cool
Default *OT* Did James White deserve a 45 for his 1st dunk?

I kind of thought it was kind of stupid how he only got a 45? Who else in the dunk contest could of done that dunk? Maybe he was a little bit in...but you know clearly he could of taken off before the free-throw line with the way he cocked the ball back and still had room....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-45jV_zsdc

You guys tell me?

Didn't look like he lost his hops...
20Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board
Default Re: *OT* Did James White deserve a 45 for his 1st dunk?

Nah, it was not even a freethrow line dunk. It looked cool, but it was nothing special imho.
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
Nah, it was not even a freethrow line dunk. It looked cool, but it was nothing special imho.

Nothing special? You can probably count on 1 hand the number of people on the planet that can take off from there and dunk with 2 hands.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
teddytwelvetoes
Kids at the park dunk on me

teddytwelvetoes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
it was two-handed from one step inside the line with plenty of room to spare (in the clip you can see he had more than enough hangtime)

pretty good dunk
teddytwelvetoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
20Four
Jameer is my bitch

20Four is considered somewhat cool20Four is considered somewhat cool20Four is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

I know it was'nt maybe a little bit in...but as I said in my first post....u know he could of taken off behind the line because look how he cocked the ball back...behind his head.....I'm guessing if he gets another shot....he wont take it for granted this time and actually PRACTICE!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #6
teddytwelvetoes

teddytwelvetoes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Four
if he didn't lose his hops he would have done the through the legs from the foul line
teddytwelvetoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
20Four
Jameer is my bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddytwelvetoes
if he didn't lose his hops he would have done the through the legs from the foul line

He said he was saving that for the finals...if he made it....he should of gotten a 49 in the first dunk....
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #8
Flash88

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

It was BS that he only got a 45.

A two handed dunk, while cocking it back, from a step past the free throw line? That's a 50 right there.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #9
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Nothing special? You can probably count on 1 hand the number of people on the planet that can take off from there and dunk with 2 hands.

It was a solid dunk.

That being said. You couldn't count the number of people on the planet that could do a two-handed dunk from the free-throw line. You're over-rating the transition between show-dunking ability and basketball skills. The best dunkers in the world don't play pro basketball, unless the Globetrotters decide to pay them. Hell, the best dunkers often suck AT playing basketball, but they can do this dunk, and so many other crazy dunks.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #10
20Four
Jameer is my bitch

Did he lose his hops to you guys? Looked like it was still there....look at this link...it was the missed windmill dunk...LOOK WHERE HE TOOK OFF FROM!

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/2/16/39...s-white-misses
Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #11
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

It's a 50 dunk. No question.
G-train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #12
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

They were handing out 50s last night, it should of been a 75 last night.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #13
scandisk_
Banned (lol)

scandisk_ is considered somewhat coolscandisk_ is considered somewhat cool

It was an easy 50
scandisk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #14
20Four
Jameer is my bitch

I dont get why the judges gave him a 45.....did they job him? Because he was sooo cocky saying he got this thing in the bag?
Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #15
gengiskhan
Banned

gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Four
I kind of thought it was kind of stupid how he only got a 45? Who else in the dunk contest could of done that dunk? Maybe he was a little bit in...but you know clearly he could of taken off before the free-throw line with the way he cocked the ball back and still had room....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-45jV_zsdc

You guys tell me?

A good foot inside the FT line. That KILLED it!

or else its legic 50 perfect score dunk.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: