Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Heroes (SPOILERS)

Anyone still watching this? I'm not quite sure where the plot is going. Originally it was about a Nuke. Then we found out the Nuke was Ted. But technically not. We now realize it was Peter absorbing Ted's powers and not being able to control it.

But then it was about "saving the cheerleader to save the world". Which amounted to very little, and apparently she's in danger again with Syler on the loose.

But something in the episode before last struck me.

In the beginning of the season my buddy and I were getting frustrated because they kept introducing so many new characters that some episodes don't even feature all of them.

Example, last night's episode didn't feature Matt, Dio, Nathan, or Mika at all. We haven't seen Ted a lot, and he's a very focal character.

So just how many "heroes" are there?

Last weeks episode revealed there were somewhere over 30 Heroes. When Nathan visited the Arabic dude, he said the list contained 36 names (I think it was 36). So where does that leave us?

This is what I got so far....

1. Peter – Mimic other powers
2. Nathan - Flies
3. Jessica/Nikki – multiple personalities
4. Dio – Move through matter
5. Mica – Control electronics
6. Matthew - Telepathy
7. Ted - Nuclear
8. Syler – Telekenisis, Understands how things work. Unknown other powers
9. Isaac – Paints the future
10. Claire – Invincible
11. Claire’s Mom – Create fire
12. Diner lady – Super Memory and Learning
13. Telekesis guy – Moves things with mind. Killed by Syler to presumably steal his power
14. Mind control girl – Forget her name. Makes people do things with her voice
15. Haiti guy – Erases memories, negates certain other powers
16. Invisible Man – obvious
17. Dream girl – visits people in dreams
18. Hiro – Bends space and time

Now we know that Syler has killed a few that aren't on my list.... But that still leaves 15 or so Heroes unintroduced that could potentially show up in the lineup......

Discuss?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Heroes (SPOILERS)

Well I don't have anything to deep to say but I still like the show. It has some interesting characters and a great concept but it really need to settle on some direction with it's plot. Right now it's all over the place. Some of the stories are good/interesting (Peter, Claire), some are wearing thin (Hiro) and some suck and have sucked since the start (Nikki).
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

Keep in mind this show is in it to last for as many seasons as possible. Not everything will be answered in this season, as well as not all the people with powers will be introduced. There is still SO much in the story left to uncover, the NY city explosion is probably just the climax of this season but overall, the big picture will probably include Linderman and that "paper" corporation that Mr. Bennett works for.

Nikki's story is boring, I agree, but she will probably be useful down the road because she has ties to Linderman.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #4
Mathius

Do you guys think Nikki/Jessica really is a super power?

I guess this could go one of three ways...

A. It isn't a power, she's just nuts. (unlikely)
B. It isn't a power, but the writers are going to expect us to believe it is one....
C. It isn't a power, and the writer's know it isn't, and there's going to be a twist later on.

Personally I don't think being nuts is a super power. Unless something cool happens where she frees herself from the mirror or something, I'm definitely going to be disappointed.

Mathius
Old 02-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

Yup, she definitely has powers when she is Jessica. Super-human strength, plus she just becomes more sneaky, sly. I think mirrors/reflections might have something to do with harnessing her alter-ego. Seems like whenever she turns into Jessica, it's after she looks at herself and sees her reflection, which is really Jessica in the reflection. I'll post more examples of this occurring later when I get back...
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
Mathius

19. Super hearing chick
20. Melt’n Metal guy
21. misc chick, works with Claire’s dad (his boss says she’s promising? She's supposed to be in next weeks episode according to the preview)
22. Wi-Fi girl

Feel free to fill in names. I've been deleting the episodes off my DVR after I watch them, so I can't go back and check and I have no desire to search the net for them.

Mathius
Old 02-28-2007, 06:49 AM   #7
Mathius

Ok, so the previews indicated that this weeks' episode would answer "our" questions about Mr. Bennett's "paper factory", but all it did for me was create a bunch of new ones....

A. What's with the Haitian?

Obviously he sympathizes with Claire and now we know her dad does also, but he made mention of working for someone higher in the hallway conversation. He seems to have taken Claire into hiding at the end of the episode (sympathize with Bennett) but countermanded Bennett's orders by letting Claire keep her memory because someone else told him to. How does Bennett know he can be trusted with this?

Also I found it significant that in the flashback's, Bennett's boss didn't make mention of the Haitian's power to negate other powers.

It seems to only work in certain instances. For example, he was able to negate Matt's mindreading, Syler's powers, and a few others I probably don't remember, but he was apparently unable to negate Ted's "nuke" powers, and unable to stop Nathan from flying away from them in an earlier episode.

B. Is Hiro's dad in on this? The flashback indicated that either Hiro's dad was in on this company, or else that was a different guy, meaning Hiro is adopted as well. And the question is, if Hiro wasn't adopted, does his dad not know Hiro has a power? The earlier episode where he was kidnapped seems to indicate no. Either that, or Hiro's dad has pulled a Bennett and wants to let him do his own thing.

C. What's this company all about? They claim that they are meant to help behind the scenes with things people "don't understand" or "can't accept". Does this make them a glorified Men in Black?

D. The preview for next week's show wants us to believe that this liederman or linderman is behind all this. But didn't he try to have Dio killed? Does that mean Dio is off the radar? He's been raking Nikki over the coals for a while, and now Jessica is doing dirty deeds for him. So evidently if he is leading this organization then obviously they aren't all about helping anyone. Or maybe the organization has become corrupt, which sparked Bennett's rebellion.

E. Lastly, what's with the chick who's at Matt's bedside. Bennett's boss indicates she has some really cool powers that will be able to "clean up" Bennett's "mess". But why is she at Matt's bedside then? And why does the preview for next week's show seem to indicate that Simone will come back from the dead? Is this linked to the new girl's powers, or no?

Possibly Simone has the power to escape death? Pretty coincidental that she'd have a power also. But then so far a lot of them have met, or been related.

This week was actually a decent show.

I kinda wish they would get rid of Syler or somehow make him have a reformation. He's just a distraction at this point.

And last weeks episode indicated that Peter is finally able to control his powers. So how does that play into the 'Peter is the Nuke' theory?

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 02-28-2007 at 06:55 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: