Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Lakers 11-4 in their last 15 games

No article for this, but it doesn't need a genius to count anyways.

What I have noticed from the players is the dedication to play on both ends of the floor. I've seen the need for Kobe and Nash to pass into the post and get Dwight to look pretty good. Role players (Jamison, Meeks) are coming through for this team, and we haven't been "blowing leads with the starters on the bench" as we so often used to hear.

From the coach, he's made the system a bit slower, and there is defense implemented into what they do now.

Laker fans, can this team make the playoffs? If they do make the playoffs, will they make some noise? How far can these guys go if they do? Do you expect this success to continue throughout these last 20 something games?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lakers 11-4 in their last 15 games

Can they make it to the playoffs? Yes.
Will they make it to the playoffs? Probably (hopefully).

As for making noise, it depends who they play first. If we play the Thunder first, I honestly think we could win. The Spurs? Not so much, I feel as though they have our number. Everything else seems winnable. If someone could knock out the Spurs before we get to them, I can see us even making the WCF. As for winning, it'd be a real stretch. Not even mentioning playing what will most likely be Miami in the Finals.

In all honesty though, with no bullshit, the Lakers will most likely lose in the first round. Yes, we've improved substantially, and have a pretty good record without both Jordan Hill and Gasol, but we still have some kinks to work out. I think we'll be a much more dangerous team next season.

I'm hoping for the best for the Lakers, but expecting the worst.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:21 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its a fair post on all counts, especially regarding SAS having the lakers' number. That probably comes down to coaching. Gregg literally knows everything about what D'Antoni is going to do.

I would still have hope for that though and I'll give you my reason. Its true, D'Antoni never won a series against popp, but most of those series' were close. When games like that come down to it, there is only one player who exists today that could have re-written history as we know it, had he ended up on the phoenix suns. That player is Kobe Bryant. D'Antoni has something Popp could never fully figure out. And if this team ends up somehow figuring it out for the rest of the season, Gregg will be facing the one coach who always came close, but never won it. Only this time, D'Antoni has a weapon that Gregg can't even fathom. I've always been the most critical of Kobe on here. Ask anyone. They'll tell you Im probably a Kobe hater. But boy do I admire Kobe's intensity and his God-given power to melt the opposition when it is in his best interest.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still think there's a chance the Lakers can make the playoffs. The team is flawed, but I'm sure nobody wants to see the Lakers in the first round of the playoffs. With Kobe & Dwight any team should be scared.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Its a fair post on all counts, especially regarding SAS having the lakers' number. That probably comes down to coaching. Gregg literally knows everything about what D'Antoni is going to do.

I would still have hope for that though and I'll give you my reason. Its true, D'Antoni never won a series against popp, but most of those series' were close. When games like that come down to it, there is only one player who exists today that could have re-written history as we know it, had he ended up on the phoenix suns. That player is Kobe Bryant. D'Antoni has something Popp could never fully figure out. And if this team ends up somehow figuring it out for the rest of the season, Gregg will be facing the one coach who always came close, but never won it. Only this time, D'Antoni has a weapon that Gregg can't even fathom. I've always been the most critical of Kobe on here. Ask anyone. They'll tell you Im probably a Kobe hater. But boy do I admire Kobe's intensity and his God-given power to melt the opposition when it is in his best interest.
Like yesterday against the Mavs? Goodness that was terrifying. He couldn't miss. When he's hot, he's hot. Now, if he could play like that all the time, he would be in the GOAT discussion 24/7.

I don't have high hopes for the playoffs, especially since we're missing 2 key big men. But being able to at least get into them says something about the Lakers. That yes, we CAN do it, and we CAN battle back. We were in the gutter for a while, I even started questioning if we would ever get out. Now, 11-4 in the last 15 looks mighty good.

Even if we get knocked out of the playoffs, we have an entire summer to work with. Unlike at the beginning of the season when both Nash and Howard were coming in at the last second, and plus Howard had an injury. The Lakers are going to be a contender next year, no doubt in my mind. The West better take heed of the Mamba and the Lakers.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's all down to confidence. If the Lakers make playoffs, it means that things that we have seen from them in last 5-6 games has been clicking leading up to April. We all know this team has all the talent in the world - just weak chemistry. What I have seen last several games has made ME confident as a fan to say that we do seem to be on the correct path of solidifying our team chemistry. If that continues, forget about our record or seed heading into the playoffs. Playoff is essentially the start of a new separate season. If you have a team as skilled/talented as the Lakers with solid chemistry, I am very confident that we can hang with anyone.

Keep in mind that it will no longer technically be an upset if we beat Spurs in first round. We have more superstars than even the great Spurs. I don't want to sound overconfident but with good teamwork, we can put a MAJOR scare and hang with ANY team in the league. ANY regardless of what seed we are at the beginning of the playoffs. We are not like the GSW back in 07 upsetting the Mavs; this team is 100x more talented that 07 Warriors. Be confident.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's been a great stretch....I just hate the loss to the Suns.
Only bad L....

Lakers can make up for that with a W tonight.

We will be at .500....win the next two winnable games at home...and when we face OKC we will be two games above .500.

Hopefully we get a big win over the Thunder or Nuggets.

*Crossing Fingers*
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

We've gotten better every month from preseason to this point like a championshp team should do. We will get better still and win it all this year. This is definitely our year.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
We've gotten better every month from preseason to this point like a championshp team should do. We will get better still and win it all this year. This is definitely our year.

DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 PM   #10
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lakers reverted back to their old self tonight against Denver... Horrendous
Old 02-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #11
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Lakers reverted back to their old self tonight against Denver... Horrendous

I can forgive this loss to Denver, I don't expect them to win the 2nd game of a road back to back in Denver, in fact I don't think the league should schedule those because of the high altitude. Teams should at least have a day off before playing there. The game was exactly what I expected. Anyone who has worked out in high altitude knows what it's all about.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #12
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I can forgive this loss to Denver, I don't expect them to win the 2nd game of a road back to back in Denver, in fact I don't think the league should schedule those because of the high altitude. Teams should at least have a day off before playing there. The game was exactly what I expected. Anyone who has worked out in high altitude knows what it's all about.

As much as we all wanted them to win, it is understandable. Denver is a good team. And like you said, it was a back to back on the road. That altitude definitely plays into it. Anyway around it though, it's an old team. I'd like to see what their overall record is on back to back road games. I would guess it isn't good.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #13
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Very valid point but I think we should give Denver some credit, esp Karl.
Arguably, Iggy is their best player and yet he has struggled all season, no other legit stars and yet they outwork other teams, very disciplined etc.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #14
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Arguably, Iggy is their best player and yet he has struggled all season, no other legit stars and yet they outwork other teams, very disciplined etc.

While they might not be full of superstars, they have a lot of very good players. They're considered one of the deepest teams in the league. When they traded Melo they got a ton in return. There's players that would get far more attention if they weren't in Denver.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #15
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08

They remind me a bit of Pistons with Billups/Rip/Prince/Rasheed/BigBen
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: